The National - Cherry Tree Club

I just remembered that we still have this to look forward to. Who thinks we’ll hear anything before the end of January?
It’s also strange that it’s supposedly in production but absolutely zero details about track list or anything. Was it like that last year? I don’t actually remember how the launch went.
Is the scarf a play on football scarves? I was wearing it a few months ago and a guy waved to me and was like “Go Manchester (or whatever)!” He saw the confused look on my face and clarified he was talking about my scarf and I said “It’s a band called the National” and then he became the confused one. It was an unsatisfying interaction for us both.
It’s not even the right blue for Manchester City!

It’s also strange that it’s supposedly in production but absolutely zero details about track list or anything. Was it like that last year? I don’t actually remember how the launch went.
I don’t remember a track list in advance, but they did at least tell us what the record was going to be before it shipped, right?
And then all of the extras were a complete surprise (unless you happened to see them posted in the forum first).

I went through my old emails: we found out in advance of shipping (early November) what the tracklist was, but everything else was a surprise.

Just posting this makes me want to go home and listen to this! I love the Cherry Tree EP, and I remember when About Today was the de facto closer for every set. It's such a great song.

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 9.07.20 AM.png

I went through my old emails: we found out in advance of shipping (early November) what the tracklist was, but everything else was a surprise.

Just posting this makes me want to go home and listen to this! I love the Cherry Tree EP, and I remember when About Today was the de facto closer for every set. It's such a great song.

View attachment 29272
Well we obviously haven't gotten a track listing yet, but we have gotten versions of "it's forthcoming so make sure your mailing address is right". To my mind, there are two ways one could interpret this. The first is that whatever they're putting together is so cool that they don't even want to tell us about it in advance, so all of our little minds will be just blown when it shows up on our doorstep.

The second is that despite what they've said, they still don't really have their shit together and it's not even close to done.

So, looks like the National are playing 2 shows in London's 02 Academy, with presale being available for Cherry Tree members tomorrow. Anyone have any idea how much tickets usually are for these guys? Certainly interested if its affordable.

So, looks like the National are playing 2 shows in London's 02 Academy, with presale being available for Cherry Tree members tomorrow. Anyone have any idea how much tickets usually are for these guys? Certainly interested if its affordable.

It's very different in each country. We paid ±90€ for their show in Paris last April and only 35€ a few months later in Lisbon in December. The prices in London should be closer to 90€ than 35€. (EDIT: 90€ and 35€ each ticket).

Last edited:
It's very different in each country. We paid ±90€ for their show in Paris last April and only 35€ a few months later in Lisbon in December. The prices in London should be closer to 90€ than 35€.
Oh wow.....might have to pass on that one then. I love their music thats pretty pricey, I was expecting closer to the £35 mark 🤣

Cheers though buddy, I will have a look tomorrow and hopefully I will get lucky.....

It's a great show though. If you haven't seen them yet, it's a great opportunity.
Snagged 2 tickets for them. Ended up being £45 per ticket, which is less than I expected. I wasn't initially going to go for them, but my girlfriend twisted my arm, she made a great point that its unusual to have them in London at a small(ish) venue. In the past the have played festivals and bigger venues so this is a special one for sure.

Snagged 2 tickets for them. Ended up being £45 per ticket, which is less than I expected. I wasn't initially going to go for them, but my girlfriend twisted my arm, she made a great point that its unusual to have them in London at a small(ish) venue. In the past the have played festivals and bigger venues so this is a special one for sure.

Congrats! Cheapest tickets in Paris were 51,05€ which is more or less the same as what you paid. You're in for a treat!

Wife and I will be seeing the Cincy boys in Tokyo in March.

Trying to find a seemingly legitimate website that allows people in the US to buy concert tickets in Japan was a fun process.

I think they must want it to be a complete surprise. Which is actually exciting.
Unless I missed it, I'm pretty sure last year's extra's were not announced? I was just expecting the record so when all the extra goodies arrived I was completely blown away.

Unless I missed it, I'm pretty sure last year's extra's were not announced? I was just expecting the record so when all the extra goodies arrived I was completely blown away.

IIRC you're right. We knew about the record and even the track list but not about the goodies.

I am happy to be a very patient vinyl collector but I do very poorly with unnecessarily false or misleading info.

The Cherry Tree club folks have been "awaiting shipment" of the records for 3 weeks, most recently mentioning this status in the club email update that just went out. As far as I know, it doesn't take 3 weeks for a shipped package to arrive. Why not just say "still in production but almost done" or "the vinyl is done but our jackets are delayed" or whatever is more accurate?

Back