The N&G Top 500 Albums of All Time!!!

I really liked the first 20/20 when it came out (I think it made the top 5 of my year-end list) but can’t say it’s an album I care to revisit.

The pure pop album that has the best chance of making my top 100 is Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster. I don’t even care if @duke86fan calls it an EP!
The first 20/20 has aged very poorly, which is why you and many haven’t cared to revisit. It’s an album that tried to do a lot of what FutureSex/LoveSounds accomplishes musically, but didn’t. It sounds unoriginal, rehearsed and doesn’t sound fresh at all. It was a very hyped up album as FutureSexLoveSounds - Justin Timberlake‘a precious album - set the bar so high!

I mean, I'm going to post my list whenever I've made it either way. That doesn't mean everyone has to, but to me, what's the point of going through all the effort if I don't end up sharing it. If I'm not allowed to post my list publicly, then I will probably sit this whole exercise out. If it's more a thing to where you can post yours publicly or just DM it, it's up to you, then that's cool, but not sharing your list to me ruins the entire point. just my two cents

I mean, I'm going to post my list whenever I've made it either way. That doesn't mean everyone has to, but to me, what's the point of going through all the effort if I don't end up sharing it. If I'm not allowed to post my list publicly, then I will probably sit this whole exercise out. If it's more a thing to where you can post yours publicly or just DM it, it's up to you, then that's cool, but not sharing your list to me ruins the entire point. just my two cents

If I can’t have it my way I’m not playing?
😢

I think good points were made on both sides but man, that sucks to hear you’ll take that stance

If I can’t have it my way I’m not playing?
😢

I think good points were made on both sides but man, that sucks to hear you’ll take that stance
I mean compiling a list like this is going to require a lot of time, thought and effort, and I would prefer to be doing that for the purposes of sharing and discussing my list on a forum that is typically used for sharing and discussing things

Is there a reason it has to be one or the other? I'm not demanding everyone needs to post their list, but I think it'd be nice for the people who want to to have the option to do so.

I mean compiling a list like this is going to require a lot of time, thought and effort, and I would prefer to be doing that for the purposes of sharing and discussing my list on a forum that is typically used for sharing and discussing things

Is there a reason it has to be one or the other? I'm not demanding everyone needs to post their list, but I think it'd be nice for the people who want to to have the option to do so.

I agree with you, maybe it’s a misunderstanding. The question isn’t wether we can post and talk about our lists, it’s WHEN we do that. Before or after a master list.

Last edited:
The pure pop album that has the best chance of making my top 100 is Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster. I don’t even care if @duke86fan calls it an EP!
no i'd call that a deluxe edition

whether those count or not depends on if the expanded material improves the original LP enough

I agree with you, maybe it’s a misunderstanding. The question isn’t weather we can post and talk about our lists, it’s WHEN we do that. Before or after a master list.
Oh yeah I wasnt necessarily disagreeing with posting atter the master list (even if I'd prefer doing it before but that's whatever) but more not posting at all. I guess I was under the impression some were arguing for not sharing the lists publicly at all but I could be wrong about that

Reading comprehension is important, kids, don't be like me 🤪

no i'd call that a deluxe edition

whether those count or not depends on if the expanded material improves the original LP enough

No, I really just mean the 8-track Fame Monster. The one that opens with “Bad Romance.” Not the album The Fame that came right before it. They’re separate releases/albums.

edit: this one

I agree with you, maybe it’s a misunderstanding. The question isn’t weather we can post and talk about our lists, it’s WHEN we do that. Before or after a master list.

After the master list makes even less sense than not at all. Who cares then, we’re bitching/agreeing with the overall outcome...

I will uncover all your skeletons...

Although there is really no such thing as skeletons, like what you like and share it loud and share it proud.

After the master list makes even less sense than not at all. Who cares then, we’re bitching/agreeing with the overall outcome...

I will uncover all your skeletons...

Although there is really no such thing as skeletons, like what you like and share it loud and share it proud.

I just don’t think we’ll agree here. I think it’d be fun to share afterward and like many others have said would look forward to revealing short narratives about their reasons for choosing some of their albums at their top positions.

To me the “game” is the master list and I’d like to play the game when it comes out instead of googling the walkthrough before it’s even released. Yes I know that’s a horrible analogy but it makes sense to me, so hmmmpf

I just don’t think we’ll agree here. I think it’d be fun to share afterward and like many others have said would look forward to revealing short narratives about their reasons for choosing some of their albums at their top positions.

To me the “game” is the master list and I’d like to play the game when it comes out instead of googling the walkthrough before it’s even released. Yes I know that’s a horrible analogy but it makes sense to me, so hmmmpf

To me there is no game, there’s friends chatting and having fun about the thing they love, music, and then a list comes out of it at the end that gives us another chance to have fun chatting about music and decrying or celebrating the state of the wider taste on the forum. I view this space more as a pub than a ballot booth...

To me there is no game, there’s friends chatting and having fun about the thing they love, music, and then a list comes out of it at the end that gives us another chance to have fun chatting about music and decrying or celebrating the state of the wider taste on the forum. I view this space more as a pub than a ballot booth...

We really want the same things, just different approaches to getting it. I guess what it all comes down to is that I’d like a master list to be a little more stripped down and raw for the most accurate reflection of members individual tastes. I fear that the lambasting (however jovial) associated with the non-hidden approach will cause this to ultimately be a reflection of members who are the most persuasive and can alter opinion best. I wanna know who you were before the hive, not after, and maybe you’re not swayed that easily... but others are, and many MANY others subliminally are.

tenor.gif

I guess if I were to choose a better analogy it would be that I can have a great time at the poker table with friends without asking to see everyone’s hand so that I can convince them keep their 2, 6, 10 of diamonds before the flop instead of their pair of Jacks. The process is still fun, it’s even more fun when people are open to having a good time.

I guess if I were to choose a better analogy it would be that I can have a great time at the poker table with friends without asking to see everyone’s hand so that I can convince them keep their 2, 6, 10 of diamonds before the flop instead of their pair of Jacks. The process is still fun, it’s even more fun when people are open to having a good time.

I really don’t understand that analogy as applied to something like this, I really cannot see how it fits at all.

I really don’t understand that analogy as applied to something like this, I really cannot see how it fits at all.

I wanna let you play your hand however you want to play your hand, then call you a silly goose after the turn card for throwing away a good hand.

I don’t wanna see your hand from the start so that I can tell you the Vegas odds and call you a silly goose for not raising the ante.

Anyway I’m done, people know what I think and why I think and I think that’s the same for the other side. I’m looking forward to get getting started on the process of listening back to old favourites and making a list, it’d just be a pity if I couldn’t chat about it openly and share my thoughts on it in the meantime.

I wanna let you play your hand however you want to play your hand, then call you a silly goose after the turn card for throwing away a good hand.

I don’t wanna see your hand from the start so that I can tell you the Vegas odds and call you a silly goose for not raising the ante.

OK. One last mini bite seeing as I hadn’t yet hit send. The question is. What is the prize here. What am I trying to hide from you or bluff you with? Why am I doing it? There are no games. I have no cards. I’m picking 50 or 100 albums that I deem to be the best. There is no prize. My taste is my taste.

Oh yeah I wasnt necessarily disagreeing with posting atter the master list (even if I'd prefer doing it before but that's whatever) but more not posting at all. I guess I was under the impression some were arguing for not sharing the lists publicly at all but I could be wrong about that

Reading comprehension is important, kids, don't be like me 🤪
Oh no!! I am definitely sharing, how else would I make it known that there are 100 Chinese albums that are the greatest of all time :p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back