The Grammy Awards Thread

Our AOTY noms!

D0E3DA96-E415-431C-858C-0ADC63BD0086.jpeg

I got 5/8 right. Foo fighters not here is the biggest shock for me, thought they could have won the whole thing

Lana was an alt prediction for me so I’m not surprised she got in, Janelle and Batiste don’t shock me but I didn’t see them coming. Not sure why the Grammys love Batiste so much.

The undercard nominations had me expecting Barbie to definitely be here and coco Jones/ Victoria Monet to also get in but that wasn’t the case

Was the Miley any good. I completely forgot it existed. Which is unusual for an album cycle of hers, normally it’s a lot of in your face. Anyhow, would bet it’s subpar and it gets the award…

her hyping up pre album and with the release of “Flowers” I thought she was going to be a huge force this season but then the album disappeared from pop culture literally immediately so I wasn’t sure if she would be here or not. Definitely a boring and bland Nom which means it could definitely win

Was the Miley any good. I completely forgot it existed. Which is unusual for an album cycle of hers, normally it’s a lot of in your face. Anyhow, would bet it’s subpar and it gets the award…
Worth a listen IMO. One thing Miley has done a good job of is reinventing herself with each album. No one can say she didn’t try new things, however mixed the results may be.

inb4 midnights wins again and taylor swift gets treated like the 2nd coming all over again

personally hoping for lana or SZA, I like the olivia rodrigo album but something about her still seems pretty juvenile and unrefined, and I kinda forgot about boygenius

I was in the same spot - listened to the singles but never the album. On a first listen, I feel like the album will appeal to a lot of the Brandi Carlile and Pink audience who is looking for slightly edgier and interesting adult contemporary music. There's some real oddball tracks - Handstand for instance fits with nothing else on the album, Muddy Feet is more aggressive - but otherwise it's kind of there and easy to listen to? Even something like River which is definitely more pop edgy feels just...accessible and safe mostly, or like she's trying to do things and doing them well but not as well as other artists who do what she's doing more often.

Worth a listen but I don't think it's in the same level as some of the other nominees which just felt more cohesive and interesting

That moment when the Academy, after nominating 7 women for Album of the Year, announces Jon Batiste as AOTY winner.

giphy.gif

inb4 midnights wins again and taylor swift gets treated like the 2nd coming all over again

personally hoping for lana or SZA, I like the olivia rodrigo album but something about her still seems pretty juvenile and unrefined, and I kinda forgot about boygenius

If Taylor wins she will be the artist with the most wins in the category so I’m PRAYING she does not win

Back