The Grammy Awards Thread

I'm happy if Taylor wins because it's a pretty good album and it really was something that created instant buzz when she dropped it. It was a throwback to how album releases used to be. I would prefer for Lana to win because that maybe the album I've most connected with outside of The National this year. But for once, I won't be upset if anyone wins. I guess the Rolling Stones album wasn't eligible this year? I thought for sure that would be up there since it's getting a lot of praise.

I'm happy if Taylor wins because it's a pretty good album and it really was something that created instant buzz when she dropped it. It was a throwback to how album releases used to be. I would prefer for Lana to win because that maybe the album I've most connected with outside of The National this year. But for once, I won't be upset if anyone wins. I guess the Rolling Stones album wasn't eligible this year? I thought for sure that would be up there since it's getting a lot of praise.

Rolling Stones will be eligible next year

I guess boygenius of those 8. Need to listen to Miley. Will probably listen to all of them in the coming weeks. I wasn't impressed with SZA (I'll be honest, I just don't get her). Janelle was not bad, but also not her usual greatness. Olivia was okay. Lana is another I just don't understand why people like her so much (NFR was almost enough to make me understand). Batiste was better than the one that won AOTY. And Midnights was the end of my Taylor journey for now as she seems to be back to her more vapid type lyricism.

Lana is my favorite of the eight by a wide margin. None of the others are in my top50 this year (some wouldn't even qualify solely on release date lmao).

EDIT: Autocorrect at the worst possible time.

Last edited:
I prefer pop starlet Taylor to Autumnal cardigan-wearing messy french braids walking through a forest Taylor so I might enjoy this one (well, the singles anyways) more than here last few albums.
I like Anti-Hero and I think 1989 is her greatest achievement by a wide margin, but I do have an affinity for Brunchcore Tay Tay.

Back