The Grammy Awards Thread

With first round of voting for nominations done who do you think will be nominated? AOTY is really the one I care about so I've thought about it alot.

My predictions:

Billie eilish- when we all fall asleep where do we go
Lizzo - cuz I love you
Ariana grande- thank u next
Taylor swift - lover
Lana del Rey - norman fucking rockwell
Tyler the creator- igor
Khalid - free spirit
A star is born soundtrack

I don't think anyone is breaking records this year, but I do think Billie Eilish will get the most nominations and the most awards. I also think that will upset some people, but I personally think she deserves it should that actually happen.

I don't think anyone is breaking records this year, but I do think Billie Eilish will get the most nominations and the most awards. I also think that will upset some people, but I personally think she deserves it should that actually happen.

Totally agree. I think she is absolutely being nominated for most of the pop field and all 4 major categories. The bna trophy already has her name printed on it and I see her sweeping the pop field.

I'm not the biggest fan of her personally but she is definitely the most exciting/interesting pop artist this year so I wouldn't be mad with her winning.

Last edited:
With first round of voting for nominations done who do you think will be nominated? AOTY is really the one I care about so I've thought about it alot.

My predictions:

Billie eilish- when we all fall asleep where do we go
Lizzo - cuz I love you
Ariana grande- thank u next
Taylor swift - lover
Lana del Rey - norman fucking rockwell
Tyler the creator- igor
Khalid - free spirit
A star is born soundtrack
This is a damn good list. I wish CRJ was in this.

The High Women, Maren Morris, Yola and Maggie Rogers seem like albums that should be in some of these categories.

And yes, Billie eilish deserves to break records for how many nominations one can get and then win all of those awards. Like her or not, that album is ground breaking.

way too early. we wont know who performs until after they announce the nominations on November 20th. then they will slowly announce performers up until the weekish of the show
OK - you got me excited with this thread. I didn't realize they were still that far off.

I didn't like this song until I saw this performance. Man, they both have such good voices. But Miley KILLS this. (I can't find a more official video, apologies).

I agree with Lizzo getting multiple noms, but I think she's going to have too much cross over with Billie. And if I'm being realistic, I don't see her beating out Billie in any category. But I think she might end up in some different categories and she'll pick up at least one or two.
Huge fan of both, and I hope they both get more than one.

(I can't find a more official video, apologies).
Last year they took a really strange approach to the video distribution of the performances. I get the feeling they basically did a bid war right after the awards. Some performances where only available on CBS.com, some only on the Grammy's site, some only on the Grammy YouTube Channel, and some only on the artist's YouTube channel. And they ALL went up slowly. None were up by the next morning.

Hopefully this year they sort it out a little better. I'd prefer they all went up on the artists' YouTube channels because... well this money machine wouldn't exist without them. Let them make the internet money off their own performances.

Last year they took a really strange approach to the video distribution of the performances. I get the feeling they basically did a bid war right after the awards. Some performances where only available on CBS.com, some only on the Grammy's site, some only on the Grammy YouTube Channel, and some only on the artist's YouTube channel. And they ALL went up slowly. None where up by the next morning.

Hopefully this year they sort it out a little better. I'd prefer they all went up on the artists YouTube channels because... well this money machine wouldn't exist without them. Let them make the internet money off their own performances.
I didn't know that. Yikes.

It's great we have so many avenues for music discovery and streaming and listening. But when it gets all splintered like this, I feel like we're not seeing the forest for the trees.

I didn't know that. Yikes.

It's great we have so many avenues for music discovery and streaming and listening. But when it gets all splintered like this, I feel like we're not seeing the forest for the trees.
Agreed. I really like the way Glastonbury did it this past year. All big performances went up within 24 hours, and all hosted on the Glastonbury YT channel. But they rolled out other performances of smaller bands throughout the week. It became a good channel to use for music discovery and to see the diversity of the festival. It was cool when 2 or 3 performances hit the top 10 trending on YouTube everyday for a few weeks straight.

Not sure how those contracts worked, but from a consumer standpoint, it made me pay attention much more than the Grammy's. With the way the Grammys did it, I honestly didn't look up any of them after my search first attempt the next day. The ones that didn't go up until Wed/Thurs were totally forgotten unless I was already following that artists on YouTube.

Agreed. I really like the way Glastonbury did it this past year. All big performances went up within 24 hours, and all hosted on the Glastonbury YT channel. But they rolled out other performances of smaller bands throughout the week. It became a good channel to use for music discovery and to see the diversity of the festival. It was cool when 2 or 3 performances hit the top 10 trending on YouTube everyday for a few weeks straight.

Not sure how those contracts worked, but from a consumer standpoint, it made me pay attention much more than the Grammy's. With the way the Grammys did it, I honestly didn't look up any of them after my search first attempt the next day. The ones that didn't go up until Wed/Thurs were totally forgotten unless I was already following that artists on YouTube.
I watched a ton of those Glastonbury performances this year. Because they were easy to find. And they were the official videos, not just someone's cell phone footage uploaded to YouTube. So yes, I would love the Grammys to mimic that.

Back