The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

As a lifelong Lions fan (age 54), can someone please explain to me what happens next? Like are we done? Is there another game? Why aren't we discussing mock drafts yet? This is unfamiliar territory.
This is amazing isn't it? I'm a lifer too, and am also 54, so we have suffered about the same I imagine.

Several years ago my boss said if the Lions ever make the Super Bowl, he'll close the company on that Monday as a paid holiday. This morning I happily reminded him, and he said he'll stick to his word. Not sure if we will beat SF, but of course they have a shot!

Not necessarily going to bawl from the AFCCG result today seeing as I am a Bengals fan, but BAL shotgunned their own feet a number of times. Zay Flowers was simultaneously their best and most disastrous skill position player. Too many runs from Lamar Jackson that took too long to develop from the get-go, including a few that were ill advised with the clock against them in the final minutes. Triple coverage INT in the endzone from the soon-to-be MVP.

BAL defense played excellent outside of a few gaffes. Allowing 0 pts in the second half and still losing at home was inexcusable.

Four SB trips in five years for KC. The only active QB that has defeated Patrick Mahomes in the postseason is Joe Burrow, the one break in the five years. Good luck to the NFC.

Back