The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

People don't want the next Patriots dynasty and the Chiefs are well on their way. Mahomes is 28. He's entering the prime of his career. I think it's also a bit of overexposure. Turn on your TV and it's either Mahomes or Kelce on TV ads. Now with Kelce, I think a lot of it is anti-vax, right wing weirdos like Clay Travis, Jason Whitlock, Fox News, etc. I don't mind the Chiefs. I enjoy dynasties and watching the best players excel. Mahomes is unbelievable. I never would've thought he was capable of this after watching him at Texas Tech. I chuckle thinking of MAGA having a tough time trying to decide who to root for. The team with the Pfizer guy and his Biden agent girlfriend or the team from the most liberal city and state in the country.

This is fantastic

Clay Travis is so unbearable now. Whitlock always has been.

People don't want the next Patriots dynasty and the Chiefs are well on their way. Mahomes is 28. He's entering the prime of his career. I think it's also a bit of overexposure. Turn on your TV and it's either Mahomes or Kelce on TV ads. Now with Kelce, I think a lot of it is anti-vax, right wing weirdos like Clay Travis, Jason Whitlock, Fox News, etc. I don't mind the Chiefs. I enjoy dynasties and watching the best players excel. Mahomes is unbelievable. I never would've thought he was capable of this after watching him at Texas Tech. I chuckle thinking of MAGA having a tough time trying to decide who to root for. The team with the Pfizer guy and his Biden agent girlfriend or the team from the most liberal city and state in the country.

This is fantastic

This is exactly how I feel. I am old enough to recall the Schottenheimmer and Vermile and Herm Edward’s coached Chiefs teams great in the regular season only to choke in the playoffs. They had a great fanbase that was never overly obnoxious (probably because they hadn’t won anything since the 1960s). I think Mahomes is an all time great I appreciate getting to see him excel. It’s better than ending up like Mike Trout, a generational talent that only played on terrible teams for his entire professional career.

If the Chiefs end up winning like 6 or 7 rings I might start to get sick of them but until them I am gonna enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
This is exactly how I feel. I am old enough to recall the Schottenheimmer and Vermile and Herm Edward’s coached Chiefs teams great in the regular season only to choke in the playoffs. They had a great fanbase that was never overly obnoxious (probably because they hadn’t won anything since the 1960s). I think Mahomes is an all time great I appreciate getting to see him excel. It’s better than ending up like Mike Trout, a generational talent that only played on terrible teams for his entire professional career.

I the Chiefs end up winning like 6 or 7 rings I might start to get sick of them but until them I am gonna enjoy the ride.
I’m a lifelong Chargers fan. My grandparents had season tickets since the time they played at Balboa stadium (before Jack Murphy/Qualcomm), the first game I ever saw was against the Steelers in 1978 (Chargers won 35-7), and I went to at least two games a year until the 90s, even got to see a playoff game against the Chiefs in their Super Bowl run. The number one foe was the Raiders until Elway came around, then they took over that spot. The Chiefs were a team I disliked but not to the degree of the Broncos or Raiders. However, their non-stop presence in the media may be changing my stance.

All that being said, I’ve never liked the 49ers. Actually, I don’t think there is a team I dislike more. Since Joe Montana and Steve Young they’ve been a team I’ve hated (Note: I will say that Jerry Rice was the greatest WR to ever play the game, and Alex Smith will always have my respect for his endurance and unbelievable return).

It will be difficult for me to ‘root’ for a team to win for this SB, but if I’m being honest, it would give me great pleasure to see the 49ers lose. So I guess, go Chiefs 🤷‍♂️

Is it just for me because I am watching in the middle of the night, here and on relatively low vljme or does the half-time Show Sound terrible

Back