The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

Congratulations, Detroit. I understand the emotion of exorcising the playoff demons; I felt the same way two seasons ago in the WC game against LV.
A young team with hits on draft picks for roster building (while being led by a coach that his players would run through a brick wall for) is how you turnaround a losing culture. A playoff win is how you set expectations.

The Lions are the only NFC team I want to see winning. Hopefully the Packers can take down the 49ers, would love to see a Lions-Packers Championship game, with the Lions winning of course 🙂
I would not. That is my worst nightmare/biggest fear. Niners and Lions for the NFC championship lord willing.

You’re still salty from The 49ers spanking the Chargers in Superbowl XXIX.

I’ve hated the Niners since Joe Montana. 🤷‍♂️
I was too young to really appreciate Montana as a Niner (Loved him as a Chief though) but the Steve Young/Jerry Rice Niners were my last bastion of hope against the Cowboys complete domination of the early 90s. They weren’t successful often but those battles were epic.

I was too young to really appreciate Montana as a Niner (Loved him as a Chief though) but the Steve Young/Jerry Rice Niners were my last bastion of hope against the Cowboys complete domination of the early 90s. They weren’t successful often but those battles were epic.
The 1998 Wildcard game vs the Packers (Young to TO to win the game aka the Catch 2) was my favorite in person football moment.

Back