The Blue Note Thread

Welp, the snow will have melted ☺️
How reliable is info ? Any others dates been posted Mike ?
people who backordered it last year or so got email updates with the new date. who knows how reliable any vinyl dates are anymore but thats the latest word!

people who backordered it last year or so got email updates with the new date. who knows how reliable any vinyl dates are anymore but thats the latest word!
was this from BN store, In groove, mail order or ? I would like to get this on pbc for anyone who does not have (raises hand)

Got Ready For Freddie in yesterday and popped it on today. I enjoyed it quite a bit and loved the final number, Crisis. I got a bunch coming in the next few months from UDiscover after they sent me the 40% off deal. Herbie Nichols, 6 Pieces of Silver, The Big Beat, and Home Cookin' will all be heading my way eventually.

Got Ready For Freddie in yesterday and popped it on today. I enjoyed it quite a bit and loved the final number, Crisis. I got a bunch coming in the next few months from UDiscover after they sent me the 40% off deal. Herbie Nichols, 6 Pieces of Silver, The Big Beat, and Home Cookin' will all be heading my way eventually.
I grabbed Lee Konitz plays with Gerry Mulligan quartet, Out To Lunch, Places and Spaces and Herbie Nichols all for $72 shipped from that sale. Already got Lee and Out To Lunch.

I grabbed Lee Konitz plays with Gerry Mulligan quartet, Out To Lunch, Places and Spaces and Herbie Nichols all for $72 shipped from that sale. Already got Lee and Out To Lunch.
I have to get that Konitz before it's gone!, Can't wait for the Nichols and Byrd next month!

What sale was this?!

What sale was this?!
UDiscover had a black friday preview sale. 40% off entire purchase if they emailed you a coupon. Plus it was 4x rewards points so I got $8 gift card for next time I think. Pretty sure they will do the 40% off site-wide for black friday based on the coupon's wording...but I'd order any BNs quickly because I think last time they oversold and either people had to wait for a repress or got orders cancelled.

Everybody needs to grab that Konitz/Mulligan record while they can, it's outstanding. I've never listened to Lee Konitz (outside of Birth of the Cool) and I am now definitely a fan.
It's really fantastic. The only other Konitz record I have is Motion which is also solid. Got it from that Zavvi/DeAgostini jazz mystery box sale.

UDiscover had a black friday preview sale. 40% off entire purchase if they emailed you a coupon. Plus it was 4x rewards points so I got $8 gift card for next time I think. Pretty sure they will do the 40% off site-wide for black friday based on the coupon's wording...but I'd order any BNs quickly because I think last time they oversold and either people had to wait for a repress or got orders cancelled.
I've got the first box coming today. Such a great deal. Ended with $64 in credit from the points deal. Then used that and got another $20 gift card. Ended up with 40% off plus a box set and another album for free. I think I have everything I need from there now though. Unless they put up a few more of the pre-orders for the Blue Note's.

I've got the first box coming today. Such a great deal. Ended with $64 in credit from the points deal. Then used that and got another $20 gift card. Ended up with 40% off plus a box set and another album for free. I think I have everything I need from there now though. Unless they put up a few more of the pre-orders for the Blue Note's.
jesus --how much did you order? hahah. I think I got 800 or 900 points from my $75 order.

i'm glad i ordered when i did instead of waiting for black friday sales since everything was in stock and shipped right away. already got my packages from TSOV and Udiscover (aside from the preorders).

jesus --how much did you order? hahah. I think I got 800 or 900 points from my $75 order.

i'm glad i ordered when i did instead of waiting for black friday sales since everything was in stock and shipped right away. already got my packages from TSOV and Udiscover (aside from the preorders).
Quite a bit 😂 . But a lot were those Blue Note pre-orders, so just getting ahead of them. Didn't think I'd find them any cheaper. And the points kinda made me drop a bit more. And I had some points already from past purchases. I think this rainy Portland weather had me in a mood to buy!

Quite a bit 😂 . But a lot were those Blue Note pre-orders, so just getting ahead of them. Didn't think I'd find them any cheaper. And the points kinda made me drop a bit more. And I had some points already from past purchases. I think this rainy Portland weather had me in a mood to buy!
I definitely grabbed all the BNs I wanted including preorders. Hard to think they will be cheaper than that at any point anywhere else. I looked for box sets but nothing really grabbed me. I made the executive decision to use the coupon right away so I wouldn't just keep adding items to my cart 😂

Is said promotion still going on? Afraid I missed the boat on this one
the 40% off should be back for black friday (doubt the rewards offer will be though). the 40% off coupon was only mailed to select members it seems. sound of vinyl and udiscover both had the same sale.

I definitely grabbed all the BNs I wanted including preorders. Hard to think they will be cheaper than that at any point anywhere else. I looked for box sets but nothing really grabbed me. I made the executive decision to use the coupon right away so I wouldn't just keep adding items to my cart 😂
The only one I grabbed in my purchase was the George Harrison box. And then was able to able to grab a nice little box for PIFsgiving week with my credits. I grabbed a few older records that I was missing, like I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight, Some Girls, and Nevermind.

The only one I grabbed in my purchase was the George Harrison box. And then was able to able to grab a nice little box for PIFsgiving week with my credits. I grabbed a few older records that I was missing, like I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight, Some Girls, and Nevermind.
In situations like this I always tell myself don’t think about how much you’re spending, think about how much you’re saving!!

Back