The Blue Note Thread

I tried to tell my wife that one time when a huge box of records showed up after a sale once....it did not go over well 😂 😂
I like to compare the price of haircuts, makeup, nails, etc. to the cost of my vinyl purchases. Since I shave my head, it really keeps my costs down in that department! I actually think I may have the lower costs.

The only one I grabbed in my purchase was the George Harrison box. And then was able to able to grab a nice little box for PIFsgiving week with my credits. I grabbed a few older records that I was missing, like I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight, Some Girls, and Nevermind.

I love how the All Things Must Pass stuff all shows a disclaimer on the top of the product pages saying that they are "Excluded from any coupons or promotional discounts." but the 40% coupon definitely works on it.

I feel like there are some pretty egregious errors and typos on their product pages compared with other sites, too - like their page for the Blue Note Classic release of Herbie Hancock's Maiden Voyage (Maiden Voyage (Blue Note Classic Vinyl Series) LP) has this for the tracklist:

Tracklist​

A1. The All Seeing Eye
A2. Genesis
B1. Chaos
B2. Face Of The Deep
B3. Mephistopheles

UDiscover didn’t send 40% codes to everyone. Some (like me) did not get one, and may or may not hold a personal grudge against them.
I think if you're signed up for the VIP service, and at a certain level those people got the code. But it is supposed to be Black Friday too.

I waited too long to use mine. Doesnt expire until the 20th but the 4x points are no longer available and it won't let it stack with the 25%, but also won't let me remove the 25% off....

I waited too long to use mine. Doesnt expire until the 20th but the 4x points are no longer available and it won't let it stack with the 25%, but also won't let me remove the 25% off....
I'm in the same boat. Sent a message to them on Monday asking for help. They got back to me this morning and asked which of their artists' sites I was using. I sent the message through the udiscover store site, so needless to say that's a pretty frustrating response, but it's also what I've come to expect as part of the price of getting the good deals they offer. I once had a CS rep ask me to confirm my email, which added another 4 days to our exchange as I waited for yet another response . . . to the email address that the CS agent sent his question to.

It really does take quite a bit of patience dealing with their CS.

What status are you in the rewards program? I think I’m gold so might be why I got it
I received the coupon, and I'm also gold. If I had placed the order that sat in my cart over the weekend, I would have been bumped up to diamond.
I'm in the same boat. Sent a message to them on Monday asking for help. They got back to me this morning and asked which of their artists' sites I was using. I sent the message through the udiscover store site, so needless to say that's a pretty frustrating response, but it's also what I've come to expect as part of the price of getting the good deals they offer. I once had a CS rep ask me to confirm my email, which added another 4 days to our exchange as I waited for yet another response . . . to the email address that the CS agent sent his question to.

It really does take quite a bit of patience dealing with their CS.
Oh. I meant to add that like yours @wynn72, my coupon expires on 11/20. Given that the current offer is billed as a Veterans' Day sale, I'm hoping it ends by Monday and we'll still be able to use that 40% off coupon before Black Friday.

Yea I ordered pretty much immediately because it said 4x rewards expired on the 7th I think. Hopefully the 25% off sale will end by Monday and you can still use the 40% off. I do think that 40% off will be available again on BF

I received the coupon, and I'm also gold. If I had placed the order that sat in my cart over the weekend, I would have been bumped up to diamond.

Oh. I meant to add that like yours @wynn72, my coupon expires on 11/20. Given that the current offer is billed as a Veterans' Day sale, I'm hoping it ends by Monday and we'll still be able to use that 40% off coupon before Black Friday.
I might try to go for diamond by the end of the year…would probably be worth it but I still have a ways to go I think

What status are you in the rewards program? I think I’m gold so might be why I got it
I’m nowhere, the only times I ever ordered from that store were when we had those endless $10-off codes last year (per the most recent email I got from them, I only have 500 points). Classism.

The sitewide 25% apparently expired last night at midnight so you should be able to use your 40% off code now - I just used mine a few minutes ago here.

Merry Ol Soul...is so great...stripped down versions of classics plus Airto on percussion. If this record doesn't put a smile on your face then you just don't get it. Oh, and KG killed it on the mastering....
I broke down and bought Merry Ole Soul this week. Wish I hadn’t waited - I really enjoy this album!

Back