That Escalated Quickly (aka Common Records Turned Rare)

I just looked up my copy of Sons Of Kemet "Burn" and it's going for about $150 CAD which happened rather quickly... Bought it last year for about 30 bucks.

Saw that, and it was already selling for this much at the start of the year when it was still available in U.K. Stores. Naim will do a repress though - just as Yazz Ahmed's La Saboteuse escalated and just got announced for a repress.

Screenshot_2019-07-08-21-42-22.png

I paid $45 for this a year or so ago, and that was the average price at the time.

$182.50. 44 bids, 2 days left for the price to shoot up even higher. Jesus Christ. Even the white reissue is going for $100+. It's insane.

I ordered it online for in store pickup. Woke up the next day to the news and subsequently a voicemail from B&N asking if I planned to pick it up soon because their phone had been ringing off the hook asking to buy it
I had 2 on preorder hold at B&N and when I went to pick them up they had gone missing. Of course this was within like 48 hours of his passing so somebody saw the market and made off with them. I was super pissed at the time but I am happy with my black copy. Just happy to have that fantastic album

View attachment 10468

I paid $45 for this a year or so ago, and that was the average price at the time.

$182.50. 44 bids, 2 days left for the price to shoot up even higher. Jesus Christ. Even the white reissue is going for $100+. It's insane.

I’m one of the many who never got their copy. Preordered on day 1. I choose to forget about it but that high price hurts a lot.

I’m one of the many who never got their copy. Preordered on day 1. I choose to forget about it but that high price hurts a lot.

I very nearly got FOMO'd into ordering directly on the OESB Bandcamp. Thought it looked shady. Got one on eBay later on. Really a shame the rollout was disastrous.

I got my copy from their Angelfire site or whatever that retro shitty site was after they got booted from Shopify. It was warped to high heavens though and OESB told me he’d send me a replacement. Of course, he never did. I sold it a few months later to essentially get my money back.

Was curious to see about buying Ballads 1 by Joji since the album has grown on me since it came out and I initially passed on the vinyl since I didn't like it enough to justify getting it. I still wasnt sure if I liked it enough to get it on vinyl but it depended on how expensive it was, and well... three pressings exist, all are sold out everywhere and being sold for stupid prices on Discogs. So looks like this is an example where my opinion of an album growing ended up backfiring on me 😕

I was surprised to see Eddie Vedder’s Into The Wild shoot up even though the MOV issue was in 2010. I bought my copy for $20 2 years ago.

Another one that’s gone a little crazy is Wham’s Last Christmas.

Back