That Escalated Quickly (aka Common Records Turned Rare)

Don't take me into another rabbit hole please. I'll give a listen to these names, thanks! You and @The_Stoned_Ape should do something with him :p

Unfortunately, all of his new stuff is being solely by him but the Natural Elements stuff is stuff he recorded back in like 93-94 with a very young Charlemagne (who would go on to be one of the big in-house producers for Roc-A-Fella) and the rest of the Natural Elements crew (who are all pretty great rappers too) .. Nightbreed is the group he was in after that but they only put out like one single in 98 or so? Definitely worth checking out,

Good thread idea! A couple come to mind.

Two Rory Gallagher albums

Irish Tour 74' (bought for 30$ Canadian, now not listed for sale)

Beat Club Sessions (bought for 18$ Canadian, and got the White Vinyl copy. My favorite live record in my collection) I do hope they repress this one, because anyone that enjoys 70s Rock, and Incredible Guitar Playing should own it.

Another that comes to mind..

Tears For Fears MoFi (bought for 35$ new when it was in print, now really shooting up in price)

I ordered my Fiancé that Chris Cornell Deluxe boxset from his official website that came out after he died. Even though I don’t think the records themselves were limited edition if you ordered on his site you got a box and booklet to House the records. I think I paid $80 or so for it. The other day I was curious and went to look how much it sells for and it was $300.

Oops I take that back it’s going for $600 dollars on Discogs at this point. Wow

Good thread idea! A couple come to mind.

Two Rory Gallagher albums

Irish Tour 74' (bought for 30$ Canadian, now not listed for sale)

Beat Club Sessions (bought for 18$ Canadian, and got the White Vinyl copy. My favorite live record in my collection) I do hope they repress this one, because anyone that enjoys 70s Rock, and Incredible Guitar Playing should own it.

Another that comes to mind..

Tears For Fears MoFi (bought for 35$ new when it was in print, now really shooting up in price)
I was going to search out the MoFi Songs from the Big Chair but my super flimsy 80's copy sounds amazing!

I do have this one, however:

Seeds of Love MoFi

I think I got the last remaining copy in the world early this year from Barnes and Noble of all places.

The recent remaster Rhino did on that first Prine LP had significantly improved sound. However, they produced a small limited batch and boom, they have become in demand.

Same, I picked up a copy of the repress from their website for £21. Listened to it once then stuck it on the shelf. A few months later a guy messaged me and offered £175 for it. Safe to say I took that offer and bought a load more records I would actually listen to with the money!
Cool. I'd probably turn around and use that money to buy the Kevin Shields represses haha

Cool. I'd probably turn around and use that money to buy the Kevin Shields represses haha
Cant quite remember what I picked up with the money but it made total sense for me. Even if it was an album I spun regularly it wasn't worth keeping when someone offers up that kind of money!

VMP Boatman's Call
Snagged one cheap on Reddit.

Are these all really noisy? Mines quite bad, and theres a couple of comments on the listing that support that, but I often wonder if the whole run is bad.

The recent remaster Rhino did on that first Prine LP had significantly improved sound. However, they produced a small limited batch and boom, they have become in demand.
Yeah I had a mid 70’s George Piros pressing that was a little noisy and sounded good but the Rhino sounds way better. Stomps it actually.

Two years ago I went on a business trip to California and spent a week-end in Long Beach. My hotel was 5 minutes walking from Fingerprints record shop where I grabbed, among others, these two Jazz records for $25/30 :

with Robert Glasper, Ronald Bruner Jr, Thundercat, Marlon Williams, Kamasi Washington,...

with Miguel Atwood-Ferguson, Kamasi Washington, Ryan Porter, Terrace Martin, Bilal, Kurupt, ...

Two years ago I went on a business trip to California and spent a week-end in Long Beach. My hotel was 5 minutes walking from Fingerprints record shop where I grabbed, among others, these two Jazz records for $25/30 :

with Robert Glasper, Ronald Bruner Jr, Thundercat, Marlon Williams, Kamasi Washington,...

with Miguel Atwood-Ferguson, Kamasi Washington, Ryan Porter, Terrace Martin, Bilal, Kurupt, ...

Their rise in price is likely due to Kamasi and Thundercat becoming more popular after Kamasi's last two albums. Great finds!

Their rise in price is likely due to Kamasi and Thundercat becoming more popular after Kamasi's last two albums. Great finds!

And also due to the success of Kendrick Lamar TPAB album. Both Kamasi, Josef Leimberg and Terrace are credited and/or produced some of the songs.

Daughters - Daughters

Bought this off the shelf at a discount years ago, now it's going for at least US$80. No doubt the new album's gotten them a lot of new fans, and this album is the most similar, style-wise. It's fantastic. I'm sure Hydra will repress this eventually.

John Williams & the London Symphony Orchestra - Star Wars

I swore this was one of those self-proclaimed "limited edition" records that would be available for years to come, but it's now pricey new (there's still one decently priced used copy available).

Back