That Escalated Quickly (aka Common Records Turned Rare)

I might sell my copy of the white UO pressing of Anti....someone just sold it for $380 on reddit. Nathan Davis too, especially with the repress coming...mine is numbered though so maybe that would still hold some more value?

I have Cherry Tree 1 and 3 funny enough. I didn't sign up until Vol 3 was the subscription and they randomly restocked volume 1. I want to try to get 2 at some point but think it's going to be too steep for me price-wise!
Yeah, I feel like most times when I find myself holding on to a valuable record (that is not worth as much to me) I end up trading it in to my local.

That’s part of the reason my hip hop collection is so tiny; I don’t like hip hop that much, so anytime my R&HH albums appreciate in value I just trade them for records I’m more likely to listen to.

Yeah, I feel like most times when I find myself holding on to a valuable record (that is not worth as much to me) I end up trading it in to my local.

That’s part of the reason my hip hop collection is so tiny; I don’t like hip hop that much, so anytime my R&HH albums appreciate in value I just trade them for records I’m more likely to listen to.
Got any recent RHH you’re looking to move?

100% - Del La Soul & Notorious BIG funded my Blood on the tracks one step.
Never gonna regret that !

This is just ridiculous:
Z8rexYV.gif

100% - Del La Soul & Notorious BIG funded my Blood on the tracks one step.
Never gonna regret that !
I actually find it is a bit of a relief when you finally sell off/trade-in records that you just dont listen to anymore.

I bought a copy of Frank Oceans' Blonde the day it was released and by the time it got to me (here in the UK) I had already seen the crazy resale prices so it sat sealed for years. Last year someone messaged me offering a staggering amount of money (so much that I thought it was a joke at first). After deliberating whether it would continue to rise in value the voice of reason (my fiancee) pointed out that it would pay for the record cleaning machine I was after AND a holiday we had planned at the time.

I realised that I had become 'that person' that was just holding onto a record for its value alone.

This is so insane I might have to sell it.

Wow! I ordered a used black one on eBay a few years ago and got this colored version in the mail. Figured I scored when I sold it to a fan for 100 and went back and bought a black version...

I hope y'all all got the En Vogue you need because it's going crazy right now.

So what you’re saying is you’re never gonna get it?

I know it's asking prices, but even the sold prices are climbing.
I had a big purge of Tyler, The Creator records a while ago after realising that I pretty much never listened to them. I had quite a few of his records and couldn't believe how much they sold for. I paid no more than £20 for each of them second hand and they all sold for at least double that. I had the Odd Future – The OF Tape Vol. 2 which I bought for £15 inc postage in 2017 and ended up selling for around £75 in 2020. The demand for them really has shot up.

They should really keep these in print:

I think they repressed some around 2018 when I got my copy of Deceit. That or they just bound an extra box.

Either way, these should stay in print.

I think they repressed some around 2018 when I got my copy of Deceit. That or they just bound an extra box.

Either way, these should stay in print.
Yeah hopefully LITA just reprints them or they’re getting reissued again at some point in the near future. They are fantastic sounding records.

Someone lit a fire under this as of late, so after seeing this in Cogs I decided to give it a spin since it's been a while. To my surprise, and most likely because I was so used to grabbing my CD version of this before picking up the vinyl version years ago, I never opened it, lol.

1635346045175.png

20211027_094653.jpg

Back