That Escalated Quickly (aka Common Records Turned Rare)

Interesting to note that this older Sparklehorse LP had been in stock at Runt (aka Plain) for a long time, at a cheap price.
Just went to check again over the weekend and I see they have bumped it up to $60, with a damaged sleeve.

WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE, VMP?

Interesting to note that this older Sparklehorse LP had been in stock at Runt (aka Plain) for a long time, at a cheap price.
Just went to check again over the weekend and I see they have bumped it up to $60, with a damaged sleeve.

WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE, VMP?

good. I need to unload at least one of those Runt pressings and I was gonna just give it away.

Here's a weird one for you from the comedy arena. Old Billy Redface aka Bill Burr.

I snagged this one for my GF for under $20 last year and there was some $8 used copy that, in retrospect, I should've picked up. Last two Ebay sales were $71 and $148. Considering how rarely comedy vinyl seems to have much of any value, this is weird.

John Mulaney is also kind of silly but to be honest his stuff has kind of been a pain to find for a while.

Hey I have this

Also why is my copy of The Great Gatsby soundtrack worth over $100?

I think i paid $35 for this.
Now the asking price is in the Wildflowers range?.

Don't get me wrong... I love TBC, but I'm not sure even I would put this up there with Wildflowers.
I didn't realize there was such market for them beyond my own property line.

Since Ill Considered announced their box set I have been deep diving through their previous releases and have just noticed how much 'East / West' is going for. I bought it through Bandcamp for £32, which I didn't think was too bad for a 3LP set from one of my favourite groups. It's now averaging at £94 with a high of £138.

They seem to be getting more recognition since they released this one, especially in the US, and I guess the fact that there are no reissues of this is why its sought after.

Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 23.33.36.png

Since Ill Considered announced their box set I have been deep diving through their previous releases and have just noticed how much 'East / West' is going for. I bought it through Bandcamp for £32, which I didn't think was too bad for a 3LP set from one of my favourite groups. It's now averaging at £94 with a high of £138.

They seem to be getting more recognition since they released this one, especially in the US, and I guess the fact that there are no reissues of this is why its sought after.

View attachment 93039
Yep, I was really surprised how much this one has gone up. Was is all that limited?

Yep, I was really surprised how much this one has gone up. Was is all that limited?
Yeah limited to 300 copies with the statement that there will be no future repressings.

Quite unusual for them when you consider that each release up to that point had multiple different pressings.

Ride’s Nowhere and Going Blank Again:

Wish they would keep those in print. They’re great albums. Both sound great too if you can find them. I imagine a 30th anniversary reissue of Nowhere will come out soon.

Ride’s Nowhere and Going Blank Again:

Wish they would keep those in print. They’re great albums. Both sound great too if you can find them. I imagine a 30th anniversary reissue of Nowhere will come out soon.
Whoa, had no idea, always meant to pick up Going Blank Again. The Nowhere is great with hilarious hype sticker placement to boot. Hopefully Rhino does it again. For some reason I rank it much higher in the shoegazey pantheon than most.

Back