That Escalated Quickly (aka Common Records Turned Rare)

Just got $150 for this one 😱

I was a little torn and thought about keeping it, but I’ll probably just pick up a standard copy at some point
I missed out on the tri-color. Would have loved it, but I'm not dropping that kind of cash for it, happy with my black pressing. Congrats to you on selling - very nice profit!

It's crazy how much Julien's & Phoebe's releases are going for. I see there is a variant of Lucy's first LP with a median of $61.

I missed out on the tri-color. Would have loved it, but I'm not dropping that kind of cash for it, happy with my black pressing. Congrats to you on selling - very nice profit!

It's crazy how much Julien's & Phoebe's releases are going for. I see there is a variant of Lucy's first LP with a median of $61.
Oh wow that Lucy record is going for $90 right. I have that one, but I’m definitely not going to sell it because it’s my favorite record out of all of the 3 boygenius members.

For some reason, this popped up in my timehop today, signed at the show. I think this was just after Phoebe's releases started to really take off - the BOCC show was in April of 2019.Someone paid $105 for it on discogs!

View attachment 90905

BOCC blue 7"
This is one I'll never part with that I got signed. Last sold for $350, and is up for more than that without the signature!
Screenshot_20210307-131251_Instagram.jpg

I have about 90% of the Boygenius member releases and you all have me jealous still. Dang

I also don't regret not grabbing that Smoke Signals EP per se (200 for it and Killer didn't seem justifiable) but that looks darn cheap now

Last edited:
I have little 90% of the Boygenius member releases and you all have me jealous still. Dang

I also don't regret not grabbing that Smoke Signals EP per se (200 for it and Killer didn't seem justifiable) but that looks darn cheap now
Yeah I wish I had the Killer ep

Did I miss a memo on these? Is there a reason for the increase or is it just like everything else, just because? 4 track single sided EPs no less, lol

Yeah I wish I had the Killer ep
I actually had the Killer EP. Got it on sale on the PaxAm store way before Phoebe got her big break. Sold it for credit to my local store along with some other 7"'s about a year later, as I don't really collect singles. I mean, it was okay singer/songwriter stuff, but nothing that I thought really stood out at the time. And there were copies of this lingering in the PaxAm-store for years for 5 bucks, so I figured I may save some shelf space. Then Stranger in the Alps happened...

Also, he said in an Instagram post today that he got a bill for $8,000 from the Fire Department. Talk about adding insult to injury. Just what the hell do our taxes do?
depends on the zoning and municipality -- obvs i don't know his details, but there are parts of the south florida/miami area that are within the county but not part of a city, (ie the property is within "unincorportated Miami-Dade County" and not part of "The City of South Miami" etc) and so if a city's FD/PD responds, you get a bill (minus county charges, since you would be paying County taxes but not the city/township taxes).

This happens more often in rural areas.

Yeesh. Hadn’t looked up that Killer EP in awhile. Crazy. If I was the kind of person interested in jacking around with selling online, I’d consider it for that. I feel like that more than doubled in just a year.

I won an auction for it for $75 (I'd say VG+/NM realm) about 8 months ago so your impression is on point - that was a tiny bit below market at the time but right around there.

I actually had the Killer EP. Got it on sale on the PaxAm store way before Phoebe got her big break. Sold it for credit to my local store along with some other 7"'s about a year later, as I don't really collect singles. I mean, it was okay singer/songwriter stuff, but nothing that I thought really stood out at the time. And there were copies of this lingering in the PaxAm-store for years for 5 bucks, so I figured I may save some shelf space. Then Stranger in the Alps happened...
It's just crazy how much she blew up. The Smoke Signals I got for like $8 at her show, and was all she had available at the time. I was grabbing a beer between sets, and no one else was around her so was able to briefly chat and have her sign it.

Yeesh. Hadn’t looked up that Killer EP in awhile. Crazy. If I was the kind of person interested in jacking around with selling online, I’d consider it for that. I feel like that more than doubled in just a year.
Yep, trading it cheap is one of my all time regrets when it comes to record collecting. But I don't really do the whole selling online thing either, so it wouldn't really make that much difference for me, I guess. My local store, were I occasionally trade stuff, would never pay me 300 bucks for a single.

.........shouldn't have put off grabbing the Evanescence box set I guess, just looked it up, what the hell?!?

So if anyone happens to come across it somewhere at a somewhat regular price, could you give me a shout out, lol

Depends on your coverage and company. Mine is large enough that it’s a separate policy from my homeowners, so I’m talking with the new company’s underwriters who are still working on how to appraise it. I’ll pay closer attention and let you know exactly what I did/submitted etc. once I get it quoted and written. Maybe I’ll start a thread or something detailing what they wanted for anyone doing the same.

In the past I’ve been able to just jack the “personal contents” value of my homeowners or renters to cover it (or attach a rider), which for a lot of people is enough.
Was there ever a dedicated insurance thread someone could point me to? I've considered insuring the whole music room, but just haven't moved forward with it.

How the Daft Punk stuff has skyrocketed to crazy levels is still boggling my mind. I get the they broke up, but no new music since 2013. Surely we will see represses.

You couldn't give these away a few years ago. I bought a copy in 2017 from insound for $58 now people are looking for $500.

View attachment 90752

View attachment 90751
I almost got this when it was under $60, but I just couldn't bring myself to repurchase live albums I already had copies of.

Was there ever a dedicated insurance thread someone could point me to? I've considered insuring the whole music room, but just haven't moved forward with it.

I almost got this when it was under $60, but I just couldn't bring myself to repurchase live albums I already had copies of.

I was told it is covered by my renter's policy.

I’m still working with companies. My current policy issuer won’t extend far enough to cover and I’ve been too tied up to chase the other insurers I work with.

Back