Television

I tried the first three episodes and couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll give it another shot.
We did the same thing, we watched the first few episodes but didn’t keep up with it so last weekend we said fuck it and started over from the beginning. It’s not amazing but it was enjoyable especially if you are looking for a fresh comedy.

So far Yes. There are 3 timelines playing out at once. 1993, 1994 and 1995.

It's one of those shows where you have to put the pieces together and the mystery has you hooked wanting to know what really happened.
Cool, might give it a whirl, we just got through Making a Murderer S2. Still haven't started anything meaty in awhile.

Anyone else on the For All Mankind hype train yet? Because if you're not, well, what are you doing with your life? Really, allowing the Cold War to escalate in space sounds absurd for a bit til you realize how logical the alternate history being presented is. And it gets expontentially better in the tail end of season 1.
Digging this back up because my wife and I just watched the season 2 finale last night and HOLY SHIT is it good. A master-class in paying off multiple character threads in a single conclusive hour, and doing so in a thrilling and completely satisfying way. CHOO CHOO!

I tried the first three episodes and couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

We did the same thing, we watched the first few episodes but didn’t keep up with it so last weekend we said fuck it and started over from the beginning. It’s not amazing but it was enjoyable especially if you are looking for a fresh comedy.
Holly Hunter makes the show for me.
Maybe it's those years in the public health office, or maybe that's the person I hope to eventually evolve into, but she was spot on. The other characters have potential, but I think they need to be fleshed out better. I'm hoping they bring this one back.

Lightweight..you gotta start with the classic who from the 1960’s..then report back
I was waiting for this response. 😂 😂 😂

I started with S1E1 of the one made in the early 2000's. I never realized it's been running for 12+ yrs!
Good, a lot of people hate on Eccleston, but I think he's good transition. And those episodes really setup the later, better, higher production value episodes. David Tennant is the G.O.A.T. in my opinion. With Tom Baker representing who I think of as actually BEING The Doctor.

There are some gems in the older show and a lot of history there as well. You'll run into characters in the new show and they'll seem to make a bit of a deal out of it, but you only know who they are if you've seen the old stuff. I wouldn't say it's necessary, but don't discount them out of hand.

Fuck Yeah, Jeff Lemire’s Sweet Tooth is one of my all time favorites and I love Will Forte too so I am really hoping Netflix knocks this out of the park. The preview looks promising...

I absolutely LOVE Jeff Lemire's artwork and Sweet Tooth has always ticked so many boxes for me. Have to admit that this is one of those situations where I'm nervous as to whether they will do it justice or not, but definitely excited for it.

On a side note, I thoroughly recommend the comic 'The Underwater Welder'. It's not action-packed but the artwork is gorgeous and really ties into the theme of the story.

On a side note, I thoroughly recommend the comic 'The Underwater Welder'. It's not action-packed but the artwork is gorgeous and really ties into the theme of the story.
Seconded. Loved Underwater Welder, Essex County, Lost Dogs, Roughneck etc... also, he has a collaboration with the late Gord Downie where Gord did music to accompany Lemire’s story and art. Very talented. He had some nice superhero runs too but his indie graphic novels are really fantastic.

My wife and I started watching HBO's Mare of Easttown (3 episodes in) and we love it so far! Great cast including Kate Winslet, Guy Pierce and Evan Peters who is perfect at acting drunk. Anyone else watching this series?

My wife and I started watching HBO's Mare of Easttown (3 episodes in) and we love it so far! Great cast including Kate Winslet, Guy Pierce and Evan Peters who is perfect at acting drunk. Anyone else watching this series?
Watched the 1st 2eps so far and we are enjoying it.

Though, I would like to see a crime/mystery where the detective is NOT grappling with their own demons/past/addictions etc

Watched the 1st 2eps so far and we are enjoying it.

Though, I would like to see a crime/mystery where the detective is NOT grappling with their own demons/past/addictions etc
Scooby-Doo co-creator Joe Ruby dies aged 87 - BBC News

Back