Television

The article I saw said he was in talks to return.

My favorite thing about Frasier is that it's also set in the Cheers universe, so any of those characters could possibly return.
The show is just Frasier and Rebecca chatting on Parler about how Trump had the election stolen from him by the radical Leftists and Antifa.

Wandavision is the first show in a while that has me checking my watch for 9pm on Thursday nights and quickly navigating to the Disney+ app hoping to see a new episode even though I know they don't post new episodes until midnight, even on the west coast.

With WandaVision, I have to remember to not look at what's trending on Twitter on Friday all day before we sit down to watch it that evening.
I watch it with my kids on Saturday morning. It takes all my willpower not to watch it on Friday while they're at school.

Middle of season 4 of Schitt's Creek now.

I like the relationship between David and Patrick. It's very cute and I think humbling for David (in so much by virtue of how he feels for Patrick).

I also like how they're subtle in developing the affection between Alexis and Moira - like the little ways that Moira lowers her armor to let Alexis know how she feels (showing up at Alexi's HS graduation, helping Alexis manage her feelings about Ted).

Speaking of Alexis and Ted....I'm really liking that story arc. Much, much more interesting than Alexis and Mutt. I really like how they brought the Ted/Alexis relationship back to the forefront. Two recent moments I really liked: when Alexis went to the bar w/ Twyla and Moira chauffeured, and Moira told the story about John Cougar Melloncamp and waiting for Johnny Rose. Alexis oozed her feelings and longing for Ted and I thought it was a well-done scene(s). The other... when Alexis and David ended up at Heather's goat cheese farm and having lunch w/ Ted and Heather. Annie Murphy gave a great performance where she alternated between wearing the character's stifled emotions on her face and completely holding them back to save face. Then when she leveraged her time as secretary and Heather's gratitude for passing all the messages (that ultimately contributed to the pain that Alexis is then feeling - of course, Alexis is largely responsible for the way she capriciously treated her relationship with Ted) to get David the exclusivity deal for the cheese.....oh boy. Wonderfully done.

I wish the show moved a little bit slower. First 3 episodes I was loving living in the different time periods. The different eras of tv are so much fun, spend more time inside those universes. But then in the fourth episode, the show basically reveals itself with the introduction with all the military stuff and it gets a little boring. There was some small reveals in the first 3 and then everything all at once.

In the most recent episodes where Vision is running around trying to figure stuff out, that would have been much more interesting before we all know that we’re watching Wanda’s universe. I liken it to the first season of Lost where you slowly find out what is going on and it build and builds over the season. I think it would have been much more dramatic and surprising when there was an explanation to what was happening.

The Agatha All Along plot line lost me a little bit, almost jumping the shark. It feels like there’s almost too much going on, they’re trying to shove all these plots into it and the show could use some pacing.

I’m still enjoying it overall but it’s lost me a little bit.

I wish the show moved a little bit slower. First 3 episodes I was loving living in the different time periods. The different eras of tv are so much fun, spend more time inside those universes. But then in the fourth episode, the show basically reveals itself with the introduction with all the military stuff and it gets a little boring. There was some small reveals in the first 3 and then everything all at once.

In the most recent episodes where Vision is running around trying to figure stuff out, that would have been much more interesting before we all know that we’re watching Wanda’s universe. I liken it to the first season of Lost where you slowly find out what is going on and it build and builds over the season. I think it would have been much more dramatic and surprising when there was an explanation to what was happening.

The Agatha All Along plot line lost me a little bit, almost jumping the shark. It feels like there’s almost too much going on, they’re trying to shove all these plots into it and the show could use some pacing.

I’m still enjoying it overall but it’s lost me a little bit.
The funny thing about it feeling like they're shoving too much in, is that in the comics there's soooooo muuuuuuch mooooooore going on. This is an incredibly simplified version of the original story with some tweaks to fit the current MCU, of course.

I do agree that they should have stretched it out more and had the reveal from the inside out. That would have been super cool. But I have really enjoyed the show.

I do wonder what they could possibly bring any closure on in one last episode... I know this is supposed to lead into the Dr. Strange movie, and possibly Spider-Man, but damn, those are still a ways off.

The funny thing about it feeling like they're shoving too much in, is that in the comics there's soooooo muuuuuuch mooooooore going on. This is an incredibly simplified version of the original story with some tweaks to fit the current MCU, of course.

I do agree that they should have stretched it out more and had the reveal from the inside out. That would have been super cool. But I have really enjoyed the show.

I do wonder what they could possibly bring any closure on in one last episode... I know this is supposed to lead into the Dr. Strange movie, and possibly Spider-Man, but damn, those are still a ways off.
I fully expect the show to end with a reveal/cliffhanger that can only be made satisfying by buying a ticket to Dr. Strange 2 (which I will 100% fall for and do).

I fully expect the show to end with a reveal/cliffhanger that can only be made satisfying by buying a ticket to Dr. Strange 2 (which I will 100% fall for and do).
I know comparing the show and movies to the comics is pretty much frivolous at this point, but still:

I saw a lot of folks on the internet speculating that Monica Rambeau's "contact" she teased that ended up being some no name military person who brought her a useless space jeep was going to be Reed Richards, and they were going to tie in the upcoming Fantastic Four re-reboot. This would have been way cooler and tied in more back story as Agatha Harkness (who is not a villain, historically) was introduced in the comics as the governess and protector of Franklin Richards, an incredibly powerful young mutant and Reed's son. Agatha later teaches Scarlet Witch real magic, and a bunch of crazy stuff goes down. So I wonder where they're going with this alternate version.

Last edited:
o
I know comparing the show and movies to the comics is pretty much frivolous at this point, but still:

I saw a lot of folks on the internet speculating that Monica Rambeau's "contact" she teased that ended up being some no name military person who brought her a useless space jeep was going to be Reed Richards, and they were going to tie in the upcoming Fantastic Four re-reboot. This would have been way cooler and tied in more back story as Agatha Harness (who is not a villain, historically) was introduced in the comics as the governess and protector of Franklin Richards, an incredibly powerful young mutant and Reed's son. Agatha later teaches Scarlet Witch real magic, and a bunch of crazy stuff goes down. So I wonder where they're going with this alternate version.
I think
it’s still possible that was the intent. The no-name person BROUGHT the Jeep but was not necessarily the aerospace engineer Monica was referring to. The very fact that its intended purpose was supposed to be to shield Monica from CMBR foreshadows Richards’ own failure later. I agree it was wildly speculative that they were actually going to introduce the character in WandaVision, but I think that it likely is a connection that will be made more explicit later, once the characters can all share the screen.

So they only want to do a one season and done? I don't know anything about the comics, so I don't know how the story unfolds. However, there's enough "content" to spread out everything into a couple of seasons. That's a TV producers dream. I'm just surprised they're not going to milk it for at least another season.

I’m surprised these episodes haven’t been used by Disney to insert a rebooted promotional cycle for Black Widow (2 months away) or to tease Shang-Chi (4 months away). It’s sort of wild that there has been literally zero word (that I’ve seen/heard) so far on Shang-Chi (never mind The Eternals — I’ve seen more material about Spider-Man 3 than I’ve seen about either of these). I’m guessing both films will land on Disney+ due to the pandemic, so maybe there’s just no point in big ad campaigns when you don’t need to put asses in seats?

So they only want to do a one season and done? I don't know anything about the comics, so I don't know how the story unfolds. However, there's enough "content" to spread out everything into a couple of seasons. That's a TV producers dream. I'm just surprised they're not going to milk it for at least another season.
I assumed it was just going to be one season, but I could be wrong. At the pace they're moving, I doubt they could milk another season out of it. I mean, they could have, if they had slowed down the first season.

I’m surprised these episodes haven’t been used by Disney to insert a rebooted promotional cycle for Black Widow (2 months away) or to tease Shang-Chi (4 months away). It’s sort of wild that there has been literally zero word (that I’ve seen/heard) so far on Shang-Chi (never mind The Eternals — I’ve seen more material about Spider-Man 3 than I’ve seen about either of these). I’m guessing both films will land on Disney+ due to the pandemic, so maybe there’s just no point in big ad campaigns when you don’t need to put asses in seats?

Yeah, Black Widow is supposed to be done, I don't know why they're waiting so long to release it. We had the first trailer a year ago. I don't know much of anything about Shang Chi or The Eternals, it's crazy they're supposed to be out this year...

I'd imagine WandaVision was always thought of by Disney as a one off season given the Dr Strange 2 movie would've been coming out closer to the release of the show, pre-pandemic. I also don't think they can squeeze enough out of it for a 2nd season but given how popular it is, you never know. I guess it all depends on how the finale is laid out. Given she's already slated to be in the DS2 movie, I doubt they'll be able to continue her storyline until after the movie is released.

I'd imagine Falcon and Winter Soldier was designed for multiple seasons as the pair aren't attached to any other Marvel movies and seem to be set in a portion of the MCU that's not being featured in other films coming out. The Loki series could go either way given he's not a part of the MCU any longer.

This was the original summer 2019 Phase 4 plan.

marvel-phase-4.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd imagine WandaVision was always thought of by Disney as a one off season given the Dr Strange 2 movie would've been coming out closer to the release of the show, pre-pandemic. I also don't think they can squeeze enough out of it for a 2nd season but given how popular it is, you never know. I guess it all depends on how the finale is laid out. Given she's already slated to be in the DS2 movie, I doubt they'll be able to continue her storyline until after the movie is released.

I'd imagine Falcon and Winter Soldier was designed for multiple seasons as the pair aren't attached to any other Marvel movies and seem to be set in a portion of the MCU that's not being featured in other films coming out. The Loki series could go either way given he's not a part of the MCU any longer.

This was the original summer 2019 Phase 4 plan.

marvel-phase-4.jpeg
I'm really looking forward to Hawkeye.

I'm looking forward to What If? That was one of my favorite comics growing up. Those stories would get pretty wild.

Back