Television

After this past week's episode, I agree. There are 2 more? And there has kinda already been the "big reveal"? So the rest of this is going to be what now?? I just don't understand what more could transpire over 2 more hours.

Maybe they’ll get everyone in a room and agree to a few ground rules, such as: no more killing people, and no more lurking in the shadows or popping up in people’s houses ominously. And they all open up about their needs and work together to support each other and find a mutually agreeable solution because they recognize that they’re all in this thing together and they really love each other and need each other, so no one has to be the, uhhhhhh, well the uh....outsider anymore. And everything is ok, and I’m ok, and you’re ok and we can all just go back to getting the amount of sleep that we need because nothing wants to kill us anymore.

It is, but not to Breaking Bad pace, which is what most of the detractors want. Honestly I don't want that, I love the slow burn
The slowness of it really works for me cause it gives the characters so much room for more depth

Yep, came here to type this very sentiment. They could take their time over a couple/few more seasons and it wouldn't bother me at all. Such great, well made TV, it just seems a level up on almost anything else I've watched lately.
I'm not sure how many seasons VG has planned but I'm in.

Also, I love every scene with Lalo.

So, I just finished Bojack. Lots to process there and the ending did not go how I expected it to at all.

Am I supposed to just feel super empty after finishing it?

@Bennnnn - Love is Blind. OMG, the drama! I'm through 2 of the weddings.

Please watch soon so we can gossip. Lol
I'm two episodes in and while I don't watch much garbage tv, I'm liking this garbage. I'm a little confused: are these people competing for money? Like do they win something for making it through to the end same as Bachelor/Bachelorette?

It’s amazing how much better the TV landscape feels with Better Call Saul back. Two great episodes so far, as expected from Gilligan and Gould, a reminder that even in the high era of peak-TV they are true masters.
The atmosphere of the show is unlike any other. The way that there is always some kind of bubbling intensity that never fizzles out so as to not lose your attention, but also never explodes so as to not turn you off, leaving you to take it all in an immersive experience. Also, looking forward to more
black & white current day Saul breadcrumbs, as well as some....familiar DEA faces.

It is, but not to Breaking Bad pace, which is what most of the detractors want. Honestly I don't want that, I love the slow burn, and we know where this is going, it just needs a suitably Shakespearean climax to cement itself as one of the greatest shows of this era.

I definitely feel that you're right about this season so far being a bridge between the two series, I appreciated how

the scenes with the drug dealers and their customers felt very Breaking Bad in humor and aesthetics.
The 50% off dudes' drug-fueled burglary run felt very Breaking Bad-esque to me

I watched I'm Not OK With This and I really don't understand why it was a serie when it could've easily been a movie. It's entertaining, I guess, but I'll probably forget about it in a couple of days.

After limping around, two or three episodes behind airing schedule, I'm finally caught up with The Outsider. I like it, it's creepy, but I'm kinda curious as to whether we need this many episodes. It's a good week-to-week slow burn, but I don't know if I can justify this circuitous a path for the dribbles of plot we've received.
After this past week's episode, I agree. There are 2 more? And there has kinda already been the "big reveal"? So the rest of this is going to be what now?? I just don't understand what more could transpire over 2 more hours.

I haven't watched the show, but I recently read the novel, and when I looked up the show I saw a spoiler about something major that happens in episode 2, and I was really surprised there were 10 episodes, because that event happens a lot later than 20% into the book, so it seems they really burned through a big chunk of plot so they could elongate some others.

@Bennnnn - Love is Blind. OMG, the drama! I'm through 2 of the weddings.

Please watch soon so we can gossip. Lol
ok
You were right about many of the predictions! Although towards the end I was sure that Lauren was going to say no, and was pretty shocked she went through with it. Also, these ceremonies are ridiculous. "now is the time to decide if love is blind." Ugh. Jessica was weird. I felt she was really playing up her happiness for the reality tv aspect of it, knowing full well she was going to ditch Mark at the alter. I wish she was the one who fell down though. Gianina and Damien's turned out to be the most interesting one, but I guess that's no surprise cause their fights seemed constant, and weird. Her mom throwing those flowers was great. Also Kelly and Kenny...the most boring couple, but right as that one started I knew she was saying no. "I am not in love with him" but "I still haven't made up my mind on what I'm going to do." Hahaha. Oh but...why why why was Jessica and Mark's ceremony the only one at a different, much nicer looking venue? Also her little speech to the camera about how doing this is not who she is...uh...but you signed up specifically for this show where the scenario, the premise is exactly what you're now saying is not your thing. What.

Next week there's apparently a reunion, but it's going to be on Netflix's Youtube channel? I am so ready for that. I shamefully tried to look up the couples online to see if they were still together but they're keeping it a little hushed.

I also finished High Fidelity finally. I liked it as a whole quite a bit and just wish there was even more original material. The episode before the finale was really great. But the finale felt pretty abrupt. Like I can appreciate the character arc of Rob throughout the season, but i feel like it just ended so quickly and kinda awkwardly. I am hoping for a season two cause I'd like to see them expand on the book/movie and do some new stuff.

I also finished High Fidelity last night. Loved it. It reminded me of the Office / Office US to begin with in the way that they used the source material so tightly (although maybe not to the extreme of the Office). Im glad they veered off and I thought the new storylines were great, really adds to the narrative. Im really hoping for a next season!!

I also started 'Hunters' last night (I got an hour into the 1.5 hour first episode - I didn't realise how long it was at first). I know there has been some stick over how they decided to add additional narratives to what happened in the concentration camps etc, and I understand how that might irk or upset some people, but so far I have enjoyed the show as a whole. Its left a lot of intrigue and some strong characters which I look forward to learning about.

I'm two episodes in and while I don't watch much garbage tv, I'm liking this garbage. I'm a little confused: are these people competing for money? Like do they win something for making it through to the end same as Bachelor/Bachelorette?

It is such hot trash!

And I wondered the same exact thing. Because, otherwise, why put yourself and the other person through this when you, he and everyone with a working brain can tell you aren't going to go through with it!!! (I'm looking at you, Jessica).

But as far as I can tell, nothing is won, other than the undying love and affection of your new spouse.

ok
You were right about many of the predictions! Although towards the end I was sure that Lauren was going to say no, and was pretty shocked she went through with it. Also, these ceremonies are ridiculous. "now is the time to decide if love is blind." Ugh. Jessica was weird. I felt she was really playing up her happiness for the reality tv aspect of it, knowing full well she was going to ditch Mark at the alter. I wish she was the one who fell down though. Gianina and Damien's turned out to be the most interesting one, but I guess that's no surprise cause their fights seemed constant, and weird. Her mom throwing those flowers was great. Also Kelly and Kenny...the most boring couple, but right as that one started I knew she was saying no. "I am not in love with him" but "I still haven't made up my mind on what I'm going to do." Hahaha. Oh but...why why why was Jessica and Mark's ceremony the only one at a different, much nicer looking venue? Also her little speech to the camera about how doing this is not who she is...uh...but you signed up specifically for this show where the scenario, the premise is exactly what you're now saying is not your thing. What.

Next week there's apparently a reunion, but it's going to be on Netflix's Youtube channel? I am so ready for that. I shamefully tried to look up the couples online to see if they were still together but they're keeping it a little hushed.

I was right about 4 out of 5! I was honestly surprised Lauren said yes. I still get really creepy vibes from Cameron. Jessica is/was the villian. And she absolutely deserved that title.
I found an interview with Gianina and she said she had no new love interests, just the same one. Which leads me to believe that she and Damian are still together. Which is honestly the healthiest way to go about this. I'm quite shocked that Barnett went through with it. But some very superficial online stalking says they are happy. Yeah, I'm totally going to watch the reunion. I saw a screen grab from it and Carlton was in the group of reunited people. I'm sure there will be some drama if Diamond is also there.

Did you know this was filmed 1 1/2 years ago? I don't know how the married folks kept that a secret for that long! And why did it need to be filmed that long ago? The editing of that can't have taken 18 months. Lol

Is anyone watching The End of the *^*%-ing World?
My friend loved it and said I had to watch it. I'm 5 episodes in and I like it, but not sure I'll use the word love yet.

I tried to search this thread but it seems just about every post has 'end' or 'world' in it.

Is anyone watching The End of the *^*%-ing World?
My friend loved it and said I had to watch it. I'm 5 episodes in and I like it, but not sure I'll use the word love yet.

I tried to search this thread but it seems just about every post has 'end' or 'world' in it.
I really enjoyed the first season but haven't gotten around to the second. Anyone know if the second is as good as the first?

Back