Television

Finished High Fidelity!

Kudos to the show runner and writers for committing to making Rob a trash fire relationship-wise and avoiding a 'happy ending with a dude'. Rob making terrible choices was highlighted well by how human and solid they made Cherise, Simon, and Clyde. I loved the season but, by the end, I thought Rob and Mac deserved each other and I was rooting for Clyde when he set that healthy boundary. I'm hoping for a season 2.

Complete trash. I can't wait for the last 4. Lol

Jessica is a monster! She is lying every other second. Through her teeth.

And Cameron gives me HUGE creeper vibes. He never breaks eye contact. He's too intense. I really hope she runs away from that situation so fast.
Oh yeah I agree. So at first I thought Cameron and Lauren were the normal ones, the ones most likable. But as it went on Cameron seemed more and more creepy to me. He just has this aura and way he talks and stares at Lauren that really rubs me the wrong way.

Oh yeah I agree. So at first I thought Cameron and Lauren were the normal ones, the ones most likable. But as it went on Cameron seemed more and more creepy to me. He just has this aura and way he talks and stares at Lauren that really rubs me the wrong way.
We are on the save wave length there, completely. Great at first but ohmygoshitputsthelotioninthebasket vibes now!

Do you think Damian says No? I do. I think Lauren says No. I think Kelly says No. And I think Jessica says No. And I think Barnett and Amber are the ones that give it a go. Lol

We are on the save wave length there, completely. Great at first but ohmygoshitputsthelotioninthebasket vibes now!

Do you think Damian says No? I do. I think Lauren says No. I think Kelly says No. And I think Jessica says No. And I think Barnett and Amber are the ones that give it a go. Lol
Interesting

i feel like Damian says yes and the crying cliffhanger is a fake out of sorts. I think Lauren might say no, and Jessica definitely says no. Kelly and Kenny are hard to read to me. I feel like they’re barely in it. So no idea there, but I feel it won’t go through - some way. As dumb as Barnett and Amber’s relationship appears to be, they do seem the most likely to go through with it. Jessica will freak out on her wedding though I feel that so strongly. It’s so clear she just didn’t wanna walk away from the pods without a fiancé. There is zero chemistry between her and what’s his face...mark? But he’s also an idiot for listening t to all of what she’s saying and still being like “she’s my person...I love her more than anything in the world.” Get a grip.

Interesting

i feel like Damian says yes and the crying cliffhanger is a fake out of sorts. I think Lauren might say no, and Jessica definitely says no. Kelly and Kenny are hard to read to me. I feel like they’re barely in it. So no idea there, but I feel it won’t go through - some way. As dumb as Barnett and Amber’s relationship appears to be, they do seem the most likely to go through with it. Jessica will freak out on her wedding though I feel that so strongly. It’s so clear she just didn’t wanna walk away from the pods without a fiancé. There is zero chemistry between her and what’s his face...mark? But he’s also an idiot for listening t to all of what she’s saying and still being like “she’s my person...I love her more than anything in the world.” Get a grip.

I can see that with Damian. Kelly and Kenny are SO BORING.
Which is the bride that falls down in the preview? I really hope it is Jessica.
I keep wondering if there is a "prize" for actually going through with the wedding. Other than the dubious yet possible popularity boost for being on a reality tv show.

Finished High Fidelity!

Kudos to the show runner and writers for committing to making Rob a trash fire relationship-wise and avoiding a 'happy ending with a dude'. Rob making terrible choices was highlighted well by how human and solid they made Cherise, Simon, and Clyde. I loved the season but, by the end, I thought Rob and Mac deserved each other and I was rooting for Clyde when he set that healthy boundary. I'm hoping for a season 2.
I read an interview with Kravitz and she said they left stuff from the book out to have things to play with for future seasons.

It’s amazing how much better the TV landscape feels with Better Call Saul back. Two great episodes so far, as expected from Gilligan and Gould, a reminder that even in the high era of peak-TV they are true masters.

I've tried to get through the first season and just stop watching it.

I'm sure one day I'll finally get around and push through. I hear the past couple seasons have been great.

The first season is just boring to me. I stop watching it and when I've tried to get back in the show I have to start from the beginning because I don't remember anything....then the cycle begins again.

I love Bob Odenkirk (you may know this from my avatar) and anything Gillian does, as most of my favorite X-Files episodes were his.

I've tried to get through the first season and just stop watching it.

I'm sure one day I'll finally get around and push through. I hear the past couple seasons have been great.

The first season is just boring to me. I stop watching it and when I've tried to get back in the show I have to start from the beginning because I don't remember anything....then the cycle begins again.

I love Bob Odenkirk (you may know this from my avatar) and anything Gillian does, as most of my favorite X-Files episodes were his.

Hmm, it may just not be the show for you. I don't think S1 was as comparatively boring as some folks think it was, mostly because it never gets more "exciting" as far as plot and action goes, you just get more sucked into the drama in the following seasons. Each successive season is stronger dramatically, but never really "ramps up" like Breaking Bad, which is one reason I think it succeeds at feeling like a distinct show. I think the concept of the show on paper made it seem like it was going to be a wild dramedy starring Bob Odenkirk as everyone's favorite goof, but it's been determined to stay a slow-burn drama. I will say it's really a show I look forward to every week, but I think it's also a really great binging experience (which is how I saw the first 3 seasons) so maybe wait till it's all over?

.... Each successive season is stronger dramatically, but never really "ramps up" like Breaking Bad, which is one reason I think it succeeds at feeling like a distinct show. I

I think it is ramping up now. Lot of tension in the first two episodes this season, especially last nights. Feels like they are starting to put the pieces together to fit into Breaking Bad.

I think it is ramping up now. Lot of tension in the first two episodes this season, especially last nights. Feels like they are starting to put the pieces together to fit into Breaking Bad.

It is, but not to Breaking Bad pace, which is what most of the detractors want. Honestly I don't want that, I love the slow burn, and we know where this is going, it just needs a suitably Shakespearean climax to cement itself as one of the greatest shows of this era.

I definitely feel that you're right about this season so far being a bridge between the two series, I appreciated how

the scenes with the drug dealers and their customers felt very Breaking Bad in humor and aesthetics.

After limping around, two or three episodes behind airing schedule, I'm finally caught up with The Outsider. I like it, it's creepy, but I'm kinda curious as to whether we need this many episodes. It's a good week-to-week slow burn, but I don't know if I can justify this circuitous a path for the dribbles of plot we've received.

I didn't want to watch the last season of The Good Place but I also wanted to know how the story ended. So i bingewatched it yesterday.
I was crying during the whole episode. Oh my god how I cried. It was a comedy, but I couldn't stop crying.

After the last scene I took my dog for a walk in the park and I felt like a dear friend had gone to another country and I was never going to meet him again.
Such a great show.

Still a huge fan of Better Call Saul. The slowness of it really works for me cause it gives the characters so much room for more depth. I find Jimmy’s arc more interesting than Walter’s personally, so everything with him just has me intensely engaged. The meth business stuff has been the weaker aspects of the show to me, but last season and now into the new one, that storyline has started to pick up to me. I really enjoyed all the stuff related to that in these two new eps. But more Jimmy and Kim the better. Also i like now knowing we have this season and one more to go, as it feels like it’s really starting to build and build towards Breaking Bad.

It is, but not to Breaking Bad pace, which is what most of the detractors want. Honestly I don't want that, I love the slow burn, and we know where this is going, it just needs a suitably Shakespearean climax to cement itself as one of the greatest shows of this era.

Agreed 100%. I find I'm enjoying this more than Breaking Bad, maybe because since you know where it's going, you can really enjoy the journey.

After limping around, two or three episodes behind airing schedule, I'm finally caught up with The Outsider. I like it, it's creepy, but I'm kinda curious as to whether we need this many episodes. It's a good week-to-week slow burn, but I don't know if I can justify this circuitous a path for the dribbles of plot we've received.

After this past week's episode, I agree. There are 2 more? And there has kinda already been the "big reveal"? So the rest of this is going to be what now?? I just don't understand what more could transpire over 2 more hours.

After this past week's episode, I agree. There are 2 more? And there has kinda already been the "big reveal"? So the rest of this is going to be what now?? I just don't understand what more could transpire over 2 more hours.
As a follow-up to my last post about things I didn't quite understand about The Outsider, here's some more (do not click if you're not through at least Episode 8):
The plan was stupid. So they think El Cuco is shapeshifting into Claude and is likely to kill another child, so...they all leave town to go provide the real Claude with a rock-solid alibi, which they think...will...upset El Cuco so much that it will expose itself? And then what? They haven't articulated any plan for what comes next, how they can kill it (if that's even the goal), or where to go from there. And they may save Claude's life but in the meantime none of them articulate that this plan requires the sacrifice of another innocent child to a gruesome death.

On that note, Holly's speculation about what El Cuco is doing doesn't completely make sense. Okay, so it has to use Jack as its agent because it's weak from...not being able to consume enough grief due to Terry's potential exoneration? Okay, but if that's the case, and it's in hiding, and it doesn't want to be found out, why does it keep entering people's homes and speaking with them? If it hadn't appeared to Terry's kids, or especially to Ralph's wife, would Ralph even have made the connections to Merlin's sketch, or had any reason to begin accepting that El Cuco is real? And if El Cuco really IS so weak, how does it manifest as Jack's dead mom and kick his ass all over that apartment? What is El Cuco even capable of actually doing?

And if its ultimate goal is to consume grief, why does it need to eat the physical bodies that Jack is killing for it? And does this mean that the children it's been killing have been physically consumed, or is that element of it just another desecration of the bodies to horrify survivors even more? Again, going back to Terry Maitland, supposedly they had evidence that he had taken bites out of the remains of his alleged victim, but nobody so much as asks him why or even acknowledges to him what exactly they think he did.

Maybe the book explains some of this? Does anyone know? I still think this show is good, but it doesn't totally stand up to any hard scrutiny.

Also, wtf is up with Ralph's visit to Tamika? Why was she being so squirrelly?

As a follow-up to my last post about things I didn't quite understand about The Outsider, here's some more (do not click if you're not through at least Episode 8):
The plan was stupid. So they think El Cuco is shapeshifting into Claude and is likely to kill another child, so...they all leave town to go provide the real Claude with a rock-solid alibi, which they think...will...upset El Cuco so much that it will expose itself? And then what? They haven't articulated any plan for what comes next, how they can kill it (if that's even the goal), or where to go from there. And they may save Claude's life but in the meantime none of them articulate that this plan requires the sacrifice of another innocent child to a gruesome death.

On that note, Holly's speculation about what El Cuco is doing doesn't completely make sense. Okay, so it has to use Jack as its agent because it's weak from...not being able to consume enough grief due to Terry's potential exoneration? Okay, but if that's the case, and it's in hiding, and it doesn't want to be found out, why does it keep entering people's homes and speaking with them? If it hadn't appeared to Terry's kids, or especially to Ralph's wife, would Ralph even have made the connections to Merlin's sketch, or had any reason to begin accepting that El Cuco is real? And if El Cuco really IS so weak, how does it manifest as Jack's dead mom and kick his ass all over that apartment? What is El Cuco even capable of actually doing?

And if its ultimate goal is to consume grief, why does it need to eat the physical bodies that Jack is killing for it? And does this mean that the children it's been killing have been physically consumed, or is that element of it just another desecration of the bodies to horrify survivors even more? Again, going back to Terry Maitland, supposedly they had evidence that he had taken bites out of the remains of his alleged victim, but nobody so much as asks him why or even acknowledges to him what exactly they think he did.

Maybe the book explains some of this? Does anyone know? I still think this show is good, but it doesn't totally stand up to any hard scrutiny.

Also, wtf is up with Ralph's visit to Tamika? Why was she being so squirrelly?

I was wondering what the whole point of Tamika was. She really hasn't furthered the plot at all. And yeah, the whole staying at Claude's brother's place was baffling. That's literally the only way you thought to keep Claude safe? Not to track down Jack instead, knowing that El Cuco has him? And we're not concerned about the other people El Cuco has shown itself to? Maybe protect them?

I hadn't thought about El Cuco kicking Jack's ass even though it was supposedly weak. Yeah, good point. Cause Jack was beat the eff up.

I just don't understand what the next 2 episodes will be. They'll go to the cave and hunt the thing for 2 episodes? It seems like the series has been very calm and creepy and cagey with reveals. But the next 2, what is left to reveal?

Back