Television

I thought 8 was masterclass non-linear storytelling.
I thought it telegraphed its punches a mile away. Not a bad episode by any means, but one of the weaker ones of the series. The last three were all waaay too predictable imo

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Overall it was a good, not great show. I think it would have benefited greatly had it not been tied to the Watchmen universe and just been it's own scifi/cape show. Hopefully it stays a single season as I think the more they add the more it damages itself. Really sad Lubeman didnt get the closer he deserved (although he was obviously Petey)

Overall it was a good, not great show. I think it would have benefited greatly had it not been tied to the Watchmen universe and just been it's own scifi/cape show. Hopefully it stays a single season as I think the more they add the more it damages itself. Really sad Lubeman didnt get the closer he deserved (although he was obviously Petey)
It's attachment to Watchmen was the only reason I had an interest in it at all, and the main reason why it's so effective IMO. It manages to respectfully and brilliantly fill in blanks left by the source material and then expand on it in a way that feels natural and modern. Parts of it were flawed, certainly, but there's more creativity, passion, and timeliness in it than 95% of the cape shit released this decade. On tv or otherwise.

If they were to make a season 2, it should be exclusively about lubeman.

Watchmen stuck the landing.

Considering how the party line going into the finale was "how are they going to tie up all the loose ends?", I was impressed that they pretty much tied it up in one giant finale scene. Kinda annoying that Seventh Calvary / Cyclops were kinda a red herring (I had a feeling their plan would straight-up backfire without outside interference). I wasn't hugely emotionally affected by the death of Dr. M, though I liked the final scenes with Will.

I think, considering this was Watchmen, I was surprised by how few wide-world ramifications (other than the loss of Dr. M) the finale had. It tied up on a very personal level.

Back