Television

I do like Watchmen a lot, and it's gotten even better as it's gone along. But I don't think it's perfect. The newest episode was good and all, but I felt it lacked a punch in the emotional department when it clearly was trying to make you feel something. Just didn't land really for me. I am wondering though how it wraps up and if it'll feel satisfying at the end cause as far as I know this is probably just a one season thing, right?

Regina King is legit, in every scene she does including through this episode, but, IMO, the way they portrayed Dr. Manhattan felt like it was out of a CW super hero show. It felt very small and restricted which was jarring and disappointing considering the scope of the rest of the show. My wife and I also get a kick out of every over-obvious "remember when this person said this?" flashback the show seems to do, to avoid any confusion, including the flashbacks that are from the very same episode, 15 minutes earlier.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel S03E07

Susie telling off Sophie Lennon when she bombed her play at the end of S03E07 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel was very satisfying.

So very satisfying!

Thought this season was great. Perhaps not as good overall as the past seasons, but still some of the best tv out there.

I don't want to post another status, and I don't know if there's a thread for it, so I have to ask here is anyone watching the Presidents Cup the golf tournament? It's between the US and international team...Tiger Woods is playing like he's young again, but other than that the US is getting their ass handed to them. It is painful to watch...that is all.

It’s so good I’m almost personally offended when it’s not #1 on people’s best TV of the year lists.

It’s not only fun and good TV, it just has so much to say about race and modern America. The degree of difficulty was off the charts to pull off this show and they’re crushing it.

I'm about to get around to it after watching (and enjoying) the pilot when it first came out, but I don't see any way that The Watchman possibly passes up Succession S2 (which was near perfect TV) or Mr. Robot S4 which has been playing with form and genre in breathtaking ways, gave us an emotionally devestating twist that re-colored the entire series and is tying up the show's many loose ends in an incredibly satisfying manner.

Also, Chernobyl was one hell of a mini-series.

I watched this week's Mr. Robot.
I loved the redistribution of wealth scene. But mainly:

CARLY SLAY LEGENDSEN!!!!!

OMG! I was laughing and yelling at the tv, "HURRY UP, GET ON THE PLANE!" And although I really wish they ended up together, that was brilliant.

I smiled hugely through a lot of that episode.

Best. Show. Ever.

I'm pretty sure your being tongue in cheek out of your love of Carly, but other than The Wire and possibly the Americans, I think that's where I'm at. We will have to see how the final three episodes go and how the sci-fi element lands, but I have full confidence in Esmail.

Last edited:
I'm about to get around to it after watching (and enjoying) the pilot when it first came out, but I don't see any way that The Watchman possibly passes up Succession S2 (which was near perfect TV) or Mr. Robot S4 which has been playing with form and genre in breathtaking ways, gave us an emotionally devestating twist that re-colored the entire series and is tying up the show's many loose ends in an incredibly satisfying manner.

I'm pretty sure your being tongue in cheek out of your love of Carly, but other than The Wire and possibly the Americans, I think that's where I'm at. We will have to see how the final three episodes go and how the sci-fi element lands, but I have full confidence in Esmail.
I’m still unsure if the ending will have a sci-fi element. It could go either way and at this point I’d be happy to see whichever one happens and how it happens.

Fleabag is so sneaky great. S1E1 I thought I knew what kind of show it was, so I didn't really binge it, kind of watched the middle couple episodes here and there. By S1E6 (watched 5 and 6 last night) I am completely in. Can't wait to watch S2.

I am being a bit tongue in cheek. I don't think it is the best show ever. I think it is among them though. It is constantly doing new things, the cinematography is unique, the dialogue is sometimes claustrophobic. And it is a show that I often have no clue what is going on and yet it still holds my attention. Lol.

I did think that scene was one of my favorite scenes of the year. And would not have been if a different artist/song was used. I just connected so hard to it.

The Americans edges out Mr. Robot, you're right. That show was amazing.

And Succession S2 was so effing good. It builds and builds and builds to that last scene. But you, the viewer, aren't really aware of the build until after its all over and then you're like, good god damn, those writers pulled one over on me!

Fleabag is so sneaky great. S1E1 I thought I knew what kind of show it was, so I didn't really binge it, kind of watched the middle couple episodes here and there. By S1E6 (watched 5 and 6 last night) I am completely in. Can't wait to watch S2.

YES! I kinda meandered through season 1 thinking it was a show that just wasn't really for me as much. Then I raced through season 2 and thoroughly enjoyed.

Damnit, I just learned that Free Form has canceled Cloak & Dagger. There will be no season 3.

I looked up when Season 3 was coming out Today as Marvel's Runaways had a Cloak & Dagger crossover in season 3.

Can't say that I'm surprised to hear this unfortunately.

Disney, who now owns Marvel is currently in the process of dissolving the Marvel TV Studios. They will be absorbed by the Motion Picture Studios.

Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. is in its final season on ABC. Across the board all Marvel originals on Netflix have been canceled in wake of the Disney Plus platform launching.

The future of Marvel is on Disney Plus.

Making It! Season 2 is incredible. The Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Craft show. The first season was alright but the second season is hilarious and the contestants are so wholesome and get along like on GBBO. It’s so good.
Loved it. Worried there won’t be another season, but I enjoyed watching this season across two weeks. Just makes me feel good.

Back