Television

I have a Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix and VRV subscription. I'm probably going to end up getting Disney too because The Mandalorian looks f'n amazing. If I want to watch something that's on Apple TV I will also guiltlessly steal it. They can recupe their losses with their $1000 monitor stands.
It's odd to me that far and away the least expensive of all of these is the one you guys are adamant to not pay for lol. Again, you do you, it just seems really odd to me. Especially on a forum essentially dedicated to overpaying for art on a physical medium.

giphy.gif

My mind is imagining an alternate reality where N&G had a streaming service and one of their flagship shows was Woob Steals, a docu series where Woob Woob advocates for stealing a different thing each show (TV episodes, children’s innocence, etc) and I’m enjoying it very much. :giggle:

My mind is imagining an alternate reality where N&G had a streaming service and one of their flagship shows was Woob Steals, a docu series where Woob Woob advocates for stealing a different thing each show (TV episodes, children’s innocence, etc) and I’m enjoying it very much. :giggle:
Woob and Dan Go to the North Pole

We'd have to have a Where In The World Is Jon Tabakin series

Just watched the first episode of His Dark Materials and it’s pretty damn good. It’s BBC so I’m sure it won’t seem as grand to those who’ve grown familiar with Netflix shows but it’s everything I love about the more expensive BBC dramas.

It's has also all the HBO money. But yeah, looks grand.

Lodge 49 finale question:

When Scott emerges from the tunnel in a backyard, is that the same couple from Season 1 when Dud keeps returning to his childhood pool and chased out by the current homeowners? Does this mean Dud and Liz’s dad—or mom— is somehow connected to the Lodge? If so, why doesn’t anyone know them or remember their name or anything?

The End Of The Fucking World is back tomorrow. Personally I could have left it at season one as it was a great self-contained story. But at the same time, I am excited to see what happens next.

As for other TV shows im watching...does On Cinema count? I’ve gone in a rabbit hole of that stuff. I only wanted to watch Tim Heidecker’s new movie Mister America until I realized it was a spin off from the On Cinema-verse. Now I’m going and watching all those episodes as well as the lengthy Oscar specials. It’s...certainly something. Sometimes I love it, other times I just find it mildly amusing. I never was a fan of Tim And Eric but I love Tim on other things...like podcast appearances on Comedy Bang Bang and also the sort of serious movie The Comedy. I appreciate what he’s doing, even if it’s not always for me.

Also Great British Bake Off (Baking Show) wrapped up the new season last Friday. And although I was pulling for another person, I can’t complain about who won. Now also they’re bringing back Junior Bake Off today, but so far no place here in the US has taken it. So I’ll have to find it by other means... it’s certainly not as compelling as the original, but there’s some charm watching little British kids talking and baking things (I have seen one of the original seasons when it was on BBC).

edit: oh yes and last night’s Mr Robot was a tense one, with a nice little spin on it (though I won’t spoil what in case people don’t know). Haven’t caught up with the newest Watchmen yet but I got the volume one soundtrack in the mail today. I love the music, and am still really curious to see just where in the hell this show is going plot-wise.

I have a Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix and VRV subscription. I'm probably going to end up getting Disney too because The Mandalorian looks f'n amazing. If I want to watch something that's on Apple TV I will also guiltlessly steal it. They can recupe their losses with their $1000 monitor stands.

Not to mention all of their offshore cash/holdings they don't pay taxes on.

Back