Television

So, I started watching season one of The Terror last night, and I can't believe I waited this long. Master and Commander + supernatural horror!
Season one is great! Season two is also good, but completely different. It's a Japanese ghost story style set during WWII, it's very creepy.

I'm watching a Netflix show called Criminal... actually, it's four shows, one for Spain, one for France, one for UK and one for Germany. Three episodes for each country. I didn't like the French one, but the British and the German episodes are awesome. The first from UK is with David Tennant, who is terrific in his role (I miiiiight be a little subjective here because I have a crush on him) (But no, seriously, his performance is amazing). And the third episode from Germany, I am still shocked by that.
It's not a violent show, it happens inside a police station and all you see is the interrogatory to a supposed criminal. The cops and the criminal talk until the criminal confesses (or not). It's not only about the case, but also about the dialogue and the interaction. It's really good.

I'm watching a Netflix show called Criminal... actually, it's four shows, one for Spain, one for France, one for UK and one for Germany. Three episodes for each country. I didn't like the French one, but the British and the German episodes are awesome. The first from UK is with David Tennant, who is terrific in his role (I miiiiight be a little subjective here because I have a crush on him) (But no, seriously, his performance is amazing). And the third episode from Germany, I am still shocked by that.
It's not a violent show, it happens inside a police station and all you see is the interrogatory to a supposed criminal. The cops and the criminal talk until the criminal confesses (or not). It's not only about the case, but also about the dialogue and the interaction. It's really good.

This is definitely on my list. David Tennant and Hayley Atwell? I’m there.

Yep, this is in my list to check out. I'm sad the French one isn't good though - I like that cast.

@Bennnnn - this looks like a fictionalized version of The Confession Tapes. I know you watched that as well.

Yep, this is in my list to check out. I'm sad the French one isn't good though - I like that cast.

@Bennnnn - this looks like a fictionalized version of The Confession Tapes. I know you watched that as well.
Yes I've been meaning to watch it since it came out, but I just haven't done it yet. Looking forward to it though.

I just got caught up on this series, it's pretty good. I love the whole cast, especially Beth, Mel Rodriguez & Usman Ally.
I'm not too sure where it's going, but it's fun and entertaining.
Yes. I'm glad it got better. After the first episode or two, I wasn't sure if I was going to continue.

Really looking forward to S4 of Mr. Robot which starts on the 4th. Those of you who dropped off after S1 should really, really catch up before the final season of one of the most visionary shows television has ever handed us.

Also, Succession S2 probably my favorite thing I've watched all year.

@Waitressboy and others that like to torture yourselves - I started 13 Reasons Why - season 3. 3 episodes in. It's really not good. And also, is one of the main story lines really them babysitting Tyler? I should stop. But I'm compelled to finish it for some reason.

@Waitressboy and others that like to torture yourselves - I started 13 Reasons Why - season 3. 3 episodes in. It's really not good. And also, is one of the main story lines really them babysitting Tyler? I should stop. But I'm compelled to finish it for some reason.

Oh @Teeeee are you ok? I mean, do you feel fine? Why would you do that?
Yes, one of the storylines is the guys babysitting Tyler, because that would lead to the (stupid, incredibly stupid, so fucking stupid it's almost aggresive) ending, and an emotional coda about pictures and shit that nobody really gives a fuck.
Just watch Criminal. Or Family Guy. Or videos of dogs on Youtube. Or the ceiling.

My wife and I are watching Rescue Me (2nd go around for me, 1st re-watch since it last aired in 2011). They tackle a lot of difficult topics, albeit through a somewhat empathetic anti-hero male gaze. Alcoholism, racism, homophobia, xenophobia, misogyny.

I'll save the analysis of whether it’s handled in an appropriate way that was (is) a reflection of our culture today -- which is at times cringeworthy (though it feels like it holds up better than Entourage, which both saw a 2004-11 run). ANYWAYS, back to my main reason for dropping here -- which was one of the characters having a Madvillain sticker in his locker. Someone on set was a fan.

FE5763EF-07CA-41C0-A9B0-70C4CA532AFB.jpeg

I know we had a whole thread devoted to it on the old forum but there are a lot of rumblings the last few days about a 4th (and potentially 5th) season of Twin Peaks.

Back