Television

I think you are right. In the episode I watched last night, I actually said to myself, "Bryce is way more likeable this season." And then I smacked my own hand for thinking that.

Also - Clay is the most self righteous, annoying, egotistical asswipe. I want to throat punch him. (Not really, I'm being hyperbolic for the sake of driving my point home).

The worst part, the most offensives part of this "Bryce is a nice guy" narrtive is that this show is supposed to be REAL, it is supposed to be a show about the problems that teenagers go everyday. And now we're watching that we should feel compassion for an abussive rapist because, hey, his dad doesn't love him. WTF.

Clay has always been unsufferable. In the first season I was "ok, he kinds of feels guilty and that's why he's such an idiot". On season 2 he thinks he is on a CSI episode. And here he is just Indiana Jones. It's a very strange character, i can't imagine how did the writers came with every stupid thing he does.

The worst part, the most offensives part of this "Bryce is a nice guy" narrtive is that this show is supposed to be REAL, it is supposed to be a show about the problems that teenagers go everyday. And now we're watching that we should feel compassion for an abussive rapist because, hey, his dad doesn't love him. WTF.

Clay has always been unsufferable. In the first season I was "ok, he kinds of feels guilty and that's why he's such an idiot". On season 2 he thinks he is on a CSI episode. And here he is just Indiana Jones. It's a very strange character, i can't imagine how did the writers came with every stupid thing he does.
We agree so much on this. Which is why I trust you on The Politician and will not even try to watch it.

Also, you nudged me away from The Rain. So, thank you!

I think you are right. In the episode I watched last night, I actually said to myself, "Bryce is way more likeable this season." And then I smacked my own hand for thinking that.

Also - Clay is the most self righteous, annoying, egotistical asswipe. I want to throat punch him. (Not really, I'm being hyperbolic for the sake of driving my point home).
Yeah I do think they were trying to make you feel sympathetic for Bryce, but throughout the season it still shows him being a dick. But like that juxtaposition is never handled well. You could make an awful character more three dimensional, but it's like they didn't even try really. So in the end, he still sucks.

New narrator girl also got on my nerves for how smug she seems throughout the entire thing.
The Tyler storyline starts off weird and dumb, but I actually think by the end (minus the very very end) his story is handled in a way that is the most effective and most grounded in reality. At first it doesn't seem so, but I feel there's a good build to his journey, more so than anyone else.

Edit: it's still a completely unrealistic and awkwardly written season of tv. But if you just let the crazy roll, it's more bearable.

Yeah I do think they were trying to make you feel sympathetic for Bryce, but throughout the season it still shows him being a dick. But like that juxtaposition is never handled well. You could make an awful character more three dimensional, but it's like they didn't even try really. So in the end, he still sucks.

New narrator girl also got on my nerves for how smug she seems throughout the entire thing.
The Tyler storyline starts off weird and dumb, but I actually think by the end (minus the very very end) his story is handled in a way that is the most effective and most grounded in reality. At first it doesn't seem so, but I feel there's a good build to his journey, more so than anyone else.
The new narrator comes off as a sociopath. Like she has a hidden agenda and SHE is the murderer. I am only halfway through the season, so don't give anything away.

I think I like Tyler the best of all the characters. I agree, his journey has been handled the best. Which is still relative.

OK @Waitressboy and @Bennnnn . I did it. I finished 13RW. And it *may* account for my horrible, no good, very bad mood this morning.

WHAT THE EFF WAS THAT ENDING???
Framing Monty? And then he dies in jail but off screen so we just learn of it in passing???

You warned my, @Waitressboy . You really did. And I need to listen to you from now on. That was just really really bad. And I suppose you all are going to tell me there is a season 4 and it will be from the view point of Winston or whomever that guy is that Monty beat up but also likes?

Ugh.

Eff that show. Lol.

Anyone watching the 3rd season of Big Mouth? I'm a couple of episodes in and it isn't disappointing.

Also started the Righteous Gemstones last night. I'm 2 or 3 episodes in and that's been great too. I saw Walton Goggins in a preview for future episodes and I'm pretty pumped about that.

OK @Waitressboy and @Bennnnn . I did it. I finished 13RW. And it *may* account for my horrible, no good, very bad mood this morning.

Framing Monty? And then he dies in jail but off screen so we just learn of it in passing???

You warned my, @Waitressboy . You really did. And I need to listen to you from now on. That was just really really bad. And I suppose you all are going to tell me there is a season 4 and it will be from the view point of Winston or whomever that guy is that Monty beat up but also likes?

Ugh.

Eff that show. Lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if S04 is Clay goes to college and there's a murder and he tries to discover who it is because the cops are stupid and they are going to frame another person or some shit like that.
As I said before, I hate myself so I'll probably watch it.

Big Mouth S03 is really, really good. I thought i wasn't going to enjoy because it's not so much about "puberty" (or the hormonal aspects of it) and it's more about being a teenager. The episode when they go to Florida is awesome (and it's kinda offensive, which makes it better), and there's a song of Jeanie (is that her name?) and Nick that I bet was written by Aimee Mann. I need the soundtrack of this show on vinyl, please thank you.

Ugh.

Eff that show. Lol.
Well thinking about the directions they could go with season four, I’m throwing out a prediction of...a huge drug trafficking ring. I mean why not go all out dumb again?

Well thinking about the directions they could go with season four, I’m throwing out a prediction of...a huge drug trafficking ring. I mean why not go all out dumb again?
There is still hope. Season 4 has not yet been announced. So perhaps they'll just not.

Watched El Camino last night. I'd say that if you liked Breaking Bad and think there's nothing wrong with a little more Breaking Bad, you'll be happy with this.

That said, the ending made the whole thing feel inessential to me. When I heard they were coming back with a movie about what happens to Jesse, my thought was that the ending they gave him was perfect. Yeah, we don't know exactly what happens after he drives off, but he gets his closure, and there's nothing but open road ahead of him. The ellipses at the end of his story constituted a happy ending, in my eyes.

El Camino ends the exact same way: he's behind the wheel of a car, with nothing but the future ahead. You get a little closure with him dealing with captivity and PTSD, and there were some really good, tense scenes. But I didn't feel any differently about anything once all was said and done. It was very nice to see a little swan song for Robert Forster; I saw the news about him while skimming my phone during the movie and was real sad to hear about the loss.

Overall, I thought it was a fine little victory lap.

Finally got around to watching the new episode of Mr. Robot...man I'm gonna miss this show when it's done.

Back