Television

People online are pissed about the way he was treated but I think he deserved it. He was the worst... Played a good game but I'm glad they called him out on his behavior.

Most of what I've seen online has been people that were happy it all went down the way it did. He clearly had absolutely no idea how his words and entitlement were translating to people inside or outside the house. Which is why I agree that it was great they called him out on it. Despite being a comp beast, and a very strategic game player, he's going go go down as one of the least popular winners ever. I almost didn't watch the finale because I knew how things were probably going to go, but that figurative knee to Jackson's nuts was worth tuning in for.

I get why they have to wait until after the jury has voted to bring in the pre-jury folks, but that entire segment was terrifically cringey. Watching Nick fumble through his response to cheating on Bella with Kat was, chef's kiss. And I didn't even like Bella. Really glad Nicole won AFP.

Ah, The Gang are back and all is right with the world again.
Meat cubes, yodelling, dead kids and knee deep in Viennese gash.
This show is so wrong but it still kills me. I never thought it'd make 14 seasons but I'm so happy it has.

Any American Horror Story fans left? This new season is pretty interesting given the last season's efforts to bring together several of the previous seasons characters and plotlines. It's playing on every trope of the 80s slasher movie imaginable, the Fridays, Maniac, Rosemary's Killer/Prowler, Halloween, Just Before Dawn. Two episodes in and it's really feels different to the rest of the series, even down to the credits being different. The only minor connection I've picked up on so far is the inclusion of Richard Ramirez but even he's played by a different actor from the Cortez season. Fans of the Stranger Things nostalgia trip may enjoy this. @LeeVing - judging by some of your What's Spinnings, if you aren't a regular viewer, I think you might appreciate this season.

Any American Horror Story fans left? This new season is pretty interesting given the last season's efforts to bring together several of the previous seasons characters and plotlines. It's playing on every trope of the 80s slasher movie imaginable, the Fridays, Maniac, Rosemary's Killer/Prowler, Halloween, Just Before Dawn. Two episodes in and it's really feels different to the rest of the series, even down to the credits being different. The only minor connection I've picked up on so far is the inclusion of Richard Ramirez but even he's played by a different actor from the Cortez season. Fans of the Stranger Things nostalgia trip may enjoy this. @LeeVing - judging by some of your What's Spinnings, if you aren't a regular viewer, I think you might appreciate this season.

I've tried to get into this series a few times...but this year looks right up my alley.

Have I missed the Carnival Row chat? I finished it last week and was actually impressed. To begin with I wasn't really a big fan, but as the episodes progressed it became more complex and a great twist on the traditional Victorian horror/murder idea. It also played with some interesting moral questions.

Anyone else watch it?

Have I missed the Carnival Row chat? I finished it last week and was actually impressed. To begin with I wasn't really a big fan, but as the episodes progressed it became more complex and a great twist on the traditional Victorian horror/murder idea. It also played with some interesting moral questions.

Anyone else watch it?
I watched that. I enjoyed it. The sets and costumes were great. The story was fun. I just thought Cara and Orlando had zero chemistry.

I watched that. I enjoyed it. The sets and costumes were great. The story was fun. I just thought Cara and Orlando had zero chemistry.
Yeah it was a real spectacle, I especially enjoyed the flashback episode with the monetary, really cool location/set. I agree with you there completely. Im looking forward to the next season for sure.

Cara and Orlando had zero chemistry.
Orlando Bloom is kind of a fascinating success. Here's a relatively talentless actor who has nonetheless starred in 9 films spanning two of the biggest blockbuster franchises of all time, as well as a high-profile Cameron Crowe gig and two Ridley Scott movies.

It's the same career that Hollywood tried really, really hard to give to Sam Worthington about ten years ago. Thankfully, the public all seem to have agreed that they're Highlanders of Blandness and there can be only one.

Orlando Bloom is kind of a fascinating success. Here's a relatively talentless actor who has nonetheless starred in 9 films spanning two of the biggest blockbuster franchises of all time, as well as a high-profile Cameron Crowe gig and two Ridley Scott movies.

It's the same career that Hollywood tried really, really hard to give to Sam Worthington about ten years ago. Thankfully, the public all seem to have agreed that they're Highlanders of Blandness and there can be only one.

Totally agree, I was just going to say that Orlando Bloom has never had any chemistry with anyone. He's like a handsome talking block of wood.

So, I started watching season one of The Terror last night, and I can't believe I waited this long. Master and Commander + supernatural horror!

The Final Season:
Part 1: October 25th
Part 2: January 31st.

Will be really sad to see the best animated show of the decade go.

Oh shit it’s the final season. I had no idea. But I guess it is time to hang it up. I am not a fan of splitting seasons like this. It just annoys me. But of course I will be watching cause I love the show.

Back