Television

Yep, it dropped on Friday. It and the confession tapes were like sent in emails to me
Thank you Be5n! I started Dark S2 last night. That show just blows my mind. I can't let my attention wane just even a little bit or I get lost.

I also put the confession tapes back in my queue.

Has anyone else seen Gameface? Stars british comedian Roisin Conaty. Her brother is played by one of the dudes in wasted.
Popped up on hulu recently - it's pretty funny / raunchy.

New Season of Legion just started. Noah Hawley, Aubrey Plaza, strong visuals and soundscape. It's been one of the been one of the best series on the box.

View attachment 8860
I watched the first season and thought it was fine, but kind of more style over substance. Heard season 2 went even more in that direction and didn't make it to it.

Really excited for Hawley to get back to Fargo.

New Season of Legion just started. Noah Hawley, Aubrey Plaza, strong visuals and soundscape. It's been one of the been one of the best series on the box.

View attachment 8860
Season 1 was aces. Still gotta catch up on Season 2. Sticky pudding FX and their lack of cooperation with streaming services. Same reason I haven't dove into What We Do In the Shadows yet (I saw the pilot and loved it, surprising no one; that movie has Spinal Tap status in our household and I'm stoked that Tom Scharpling's on the writing staff).

Dark, season 2. Finished last night.
Not gonna write any spoiler, but it's evident that this show will end with Jonas lying on the floor, about to die, while a Labrador gets next to him. Or something like that. I mean, it's impossible to get a satisfactory ending.
I liked this season better than the first one. The first season had a lot of soap opera secondary stories that I couldn't care less, and this goes straight to the main mistery for the whole eight episodes.

Anybody else watch "The Detour"? I thought last season was a little iffy, but the most recent episode of season 4 was a return the form of seasons 1 & 2. I've re-watched it 3 times, and I'm still catching jokes I missed during the initial viewings.

Not gonna write any spoiler, but it's evident that this show will end with Jonas lying on the floor, about to die, while a Labrador gets next to him. Or something like that. I mean, it's impossible to get a satisfactory ending.
I liked this season better than the first one. The first season had a lot of soap opera secondary stories that I couldn't care less, and this goes straight to the main mistery for the whole eight episodes.
I’m about halfway through the new season. But I do think it’s better than the first, and I didn’t even think that would be a possibility. So I’m holding hope that the final? season keeps up the quality. Also yes, I love it that it’s pretty focused on the mystery aspect of it all.

New Legion is great and even trippier, if that's possible. The style only adds to the substance as far as I am concerned.

New Baskets is also great, Martha is amazing.

I watched the first season and thought it was fine, but kind of more style over substance. Heard season 2 went even more in that direction and didn't make it to it.

Really excited for Hawley to get back to Fargo.

Personally, I think it's a lot more effective to depict madness, confusion, mental illness, in the visual and soundscape than with more words, and I don't think the style detracts from the substance but is the substance / enhances the substance.

Hard disagree.

agreed

Glad to have Baskets back and even more excited that Archer is good again.
I really loved season one of Baskets, but after watching the first few eps of season two I got so bored that I just stopped watching. It just wasn't working much more for me anymore. I've thought about going back to it though cause I really enjoyed the first season. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it at the time, I don't know.

I really loved season one of Baskets, but after watching the first few eps of season two I got so bored that I just stopped watching. It just wasn't working much more for me anymore. I've thought about going back to it though cause I really enjoyed the first season. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it at the time, I don't know.
I've loved all of it, but it's not a show for everyone. My wife hates it.

I’m about halfway through the new season. But I do think it’s better than the first, and I didn’t even think that would be a possibility. So I’m holding hope that the final? season keeps up the quality. Also yes, I love it that it’s pretty focused on the mystery aspect of it all.

I have watched 3 episodes and agree with you both. S2 is better, which is saying a lot because S1 was amazing.

I don't know when it appeared, but Years and Years e1 is now on HBO. I watched it last night. And omg. That was the most anxiety inducing hour I've had in awhile. It was hitting far too close to home. A lot happened in that first episode.

I can't tell if I like it or not yet.

Back