Television

I've been watching the BBC/FX series 'What We Do In The Shadows' based on the film by the same name. It stars Matt Berry and is absolutely hilarious. It's a fly on the wall doco style programme about vampires. Three episodes in and I've laughed my head off at each one.

I've been watching the BBC/FX series 'What We Do In The Shadows' based on the film by the same name. It stars Matt Berry and is absolutely hilarious. It's a fly on the wall doco style programme about vampires. Three episodes in and I've laughed my head off at each one.
It only gets better as the series goes along.

So, I've started watching Patriot Act (Hasan Minhaj's show on Netflix). Like many of the other comedians doing news stories shows, it has a style specific to it. See, this is why I don't mind all these various shows. They're all different. This one is unique largely due to his energy, which at first I didn't know if I could get into. He's so hyper that I felt like I wouldn't be able to watch this consistently. But now I've gotten into the style and am really enjoying it. It has some of the best jokes out of all these comedian/news shows, which is largely sold because of his delivery. But the topics he covers are always well worth diving deep into, even when they're as sorta light as the topic of Supreme (which was one of my favorite episodes actually).

In other news, Problem Areas was cancelled, and though I half expected it to happen, it's still a bummer. I love how Wyatt Cenac structured the show, and I think it didn't get nearly enough credit.

So, I've started watching Patriot Act (Hasan Minhaj's show on Netflix). Like many of the other comedians doing news stories shows, it has a style specific to it. See, this is why I don't mind all these various shows. They're all different. This one is unique largely due to his energy, which at first I didn't know if I could get into. He's so hyper that I felt like I wouldn't be able to watch this consistently. But now I've gotten into the style and am really enjoying it. It has some of the best jokes out of all these comedian/news shows, which is largely sold because of his delivery. But the topics he covers are always well worth diving deep into, even when they're as sorta light as the topic of Supreme (which was one of my favorite episodes actually).

In other news, Problem Areas was cancelled, and though I half expected it to happen, it's still a bummer. I love how Wyatt Cenac structured the show, and I think it didn't get nearly enough credit.
It's kind of amazing how many different iterations of this that Stewart is directly responsible for: Oliver, Wilmore, Colbert, Minhaj, Bee, Cenac, Noah, Klepper, Che...heck, even Mo Rocca owes some of his more 'legit' journalism career to Stewart.

Afaik it's about sad teenagers taking drugs and having sex. Also its supposed to have a ton a nudity. I don't have any intrest
Watched it last night and that pretty much describes it. It's still better than what that description sounds like and has a cool visual style, but it's not a great show. Not sure I'll keep watching, I might give it one more episode.

Afaik it's about sad teenagers taking drugs and having sex. Also its supposed to have a ton a nudity. I don't have any intrest
Yep. It’s like a super mature Degrassi, but not dumb and fun, just depressing. I don’t know if I’d watch more of it or not. I don’t like to judge something on one episode, but I’m gonna assume it’s pretty much like this the entire way through. Maybe I’m just getting older now but this show kind of just makes me feel gross and sad.

Also the creators will say how it’s real or true to life or whatever, but you can’t say that as an excuse to be graphic especially when I don’t get the sense of realism when I watch this.

I watched 1.5 episodes of Good Omens last night. I have not read the book(s). I don't even know if it is one or a series of books.

It was absolutely delightful. Fantastic story telling. Excellent cast. Jon Hamm as Gabriel is cracking me up. It shot up to near the top of the list of best shows of the year. I can not wait to binge the rest of it in one sitting.
I just watched episode 1 and I am in love with Good Omens. This is a show that was made for me to enjoy--irreverent, quirky, situation comedy with a divine twist.

I just watched episode 1 and I am in love with Good Omens. This is a show that was made for me to enjoy--irreverent, quirky, situation comedy with a divine twist.

I couldn't get into the first episode so I'm having a hard time going any farther but I'm going to try to make myself watch the next one later tonight.

I would say that if you don't like the style of episode 1, you aren't going to like the show. It is a bit whimsical.

I found it more confusing than anything. And for some reason I had a hard time understanding anything that David Tenant was saying.

I found it more confusing than anything. And for some reason I had a hard time understanding anything that David Tenant was saying.
I watch everything with closed captioning.

But yeah, he seems to be talking super fast and slurring.

So I recently binged my way through Fringe for the first? maybe second time. I recall watching a lot of the earlier stuff when it aired but I really don't recall the latter seasons at all. Great show but the multiverse stuff at the end and then freezing them in time all seemed like really terrible / shlocky decisions. Was there a reason for this? At least it had Dawson and Black Panther in it!

So I recently binged my way through Fringe for the first? maybe second time. I recall watching a lot of the earlier stuff when it aired but I really don't recall the latter seasons at all. Great show but the multiverse stuff at the end and then freezing them in time all seemed like really terrible / shlocky decisions. Was there a reason for this? At least it had Dawson and Black Panther in it!
I love Fringe. Which is crazy cause I was super not into it when it first came on. I couldn’t make it through the first season. Then one day, before the final season aired, I decided to just binge it all and it totally grabbed me. The build of it is great. I’ve been meaning to go back to it a second time. I barely remember the final season, but I do remember not thinking it was as good as the rest. But I couldn’t even tell you what happened in it.

Hahahaha hahaha

"More than 20,000 Christians have signed a petition calling for the cancellation of Good Omens, the television series adapted from Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman’s 1990 fantasy novel – unfortunately addressing their petition to Netflix when the series is made by Amazon Prime."

Are people just not watching The Handmaid's Tale this season? Seems like there's very little talk, well, anywhere online.

Personally, I am behind a bit. Just watched the second episode tonight. It does feel a little stuck at the moment, but I hope it's building to a more satisfying ending than last season.

Are people just not watching The Handmaid's Tale this season? Seems like there's very little talk, well, anywhere online.

Personally, I am behind a bit. Just watched the second episode tonight. It does feel a little stuck at the moment, but I hope it's building to a more satisfying ending than last season.
I'm watching! I haven't watched this week's yet though. Not much has happened. I feel like it is a way slower burn this season. Or maybe it's just lost its luster. Honeymoon phase over?

I'm all caught up on this season, and it's been good enough, but I just dont find any joy in talking about it anymore.

Back