Television

Stranger Things 3 is really good.

Better than the 2nd Season....but not as great as the first season is.

I've read several reviews that say it is the best season yet. I wasn't super pressed to watch when I heard there was a season 3. But now with you adding to the chorus of positive reviews, I'm gonna slam my laptop shut (well, not really, probably gently close it) and run on downstairs to start watching.

I've read several reviews that say it is the best season yet. I wasn't super pressed to watch when I heard there was a season 3. But now with you adding to the chorus of positive reviews, I'm gonna slam my laptop shut (well, not really, probably gently close it) and run on downstairs to start watching.

I'd say it's close to the first season...that one will just be hard to beat in my mind. Just with the newness of it when it came out.

Season 2 was good...then had that one episode that almost derailed it - the "trip to Chicago" episode. There are no episodes like that one in season 3.

It also didn't help that Eleven was on her own for almost the whole season

Stranger Things 3 is really good.

Better than the 2nd Season....but not as great as the first season is.
I've been enjoying it a lot. Watched six of them so far, which I wasn't expecting to do within one day, but here we are. I liked season two, even though it did have flaws, and this one does too (to a lesser extent I guess). But I still get what I want out of it: fun.

yep. Was gonna stay up last night and start it at midnight, but fell asleep at 9. Woke up around 5 AM and watched the first half, grilled out and ate, then finished off the last 4 episodes.

Damn. I am not a bingewatcher at all. In fact, I have a hard time watching more than one episode of any show, especially if it's an hour long. I'll probably start watching tomorrow but who knows when I'll be done. Maybe in a couple of weeks.

Finsihed season 3 of Stranger Things. Very much enjoyed it. Some obvious things towards the end, I guess, but some real surprises as well. And right after we finished, we started back at season one to watch through the first two again. It's startling how different the first season is compared to the other two. I remember people giving it shit for being "just 80's nostalgia" but that's not even close to how season one plays. It's so toned down on that. But season two really goes all-in on that look and feel, with season three also continuing it.

Some things I don't mind, other things irritate me. But it was the product placement (with direct tie-ins to companies promoting the new season) that bothered me most, specifically New Coke. If that was just in the show as a joke, I have no problems with that. But it's the fact that they go to it a number of times, with some scenes specifically calling attention to it, and the fact that you can buy New Coke again on Coke's website, that bugs me.

Oh sorry,
New Coke is in season 3

So now I have to finish Years and Years, Dark and Stranger Things...

My latest TV indulgence is American Princess on Lifetime. It's about a New York socialite who runs away from her life after he fiance cheats on her; she joins a Ren fair. It's just goofy, cheesy fun.

Watched Stranger Things 3 last night and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it after Season 2. Beyond the over-the-top product placement, I really didn't have any issues with it at all (a few with the ending but I don't know how to spoiler tag / ask questions so maybe somewhere else?)

Watched Stranger Things 3 last night and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it after Season 2. Beyond the over-the-top product placement, I really didn't have any issues with it at all (a few with the ending but I don't know how to spoiler tag / ask questions so maybe somewhere else?)

You can use the spoiler tags.

Code:
[SPOILER]  [/SPOILER]

Code:
[SPOILER=What you want the box to read] text here [/SPOILER]

text here

I finished Stranger Things 3 yesterday, I really enjoyed it, a lot more than season 2. I felt like they learned from their mistakes from season 2 and tightened up the writing. The product placements didn't really bother me, I accept the practicality of needing to generate money to produce the show, and I chuckled at Lucas' New Coke bit so, meh, whatever. I've seen much worse product placement on tv shows before. Loved the soundtrack this season. I mean, every season's soundtrack has been good, but this one felt extra good.

I finished Stranger Things 3 yesterday, I really enjoyed it, a lot more than season 2. I felt like they learned from their mistakes from season 2 and tightened up the writing. The product placements didn't really bother me, I accept the practicality of needing to generate money to produce the show, and I chuckled at Lucas' New Coke bit so, meh, whatever. I've seen much worse product placement on tv shows before. Loved the soundtrack this season. I mean, every season's soundtrack has been good, but this one felt extra good.
Agreed. The action and humor were incredibly on point this season. The monster CGI was blockbuster level good.

Season 4 almost has to take place outside of Hawkins to even make sense, so I’m really intrigued by what the storyline will be.

I concur stranger things 3 was great.

The product placement was bad but mostly spread out. Truly a lot of it was fun as they depicted their logos from 1985. There were a few times it felt a bit much.

i didn’t enjoy the ending. Hop probably not making it a happy ending isn’t my issue. After that the 3 months later felt so rushed and not finished. Also the kids are all saying good bye and giving hugs. Then it shows them on the road. Then it goes back to the house and shows El finishing letter and Joyce closing door and everyone is standing around again. Felt really bad.

I also felt that Robin reveal was “shocking” and then just felt forced as it wasn’t really elaborated on. I guess it was like hey I like you but I only liked you bc my crush liked you. Idk it just gave me the feeling like it was a last minute edition add. Nevertheless her character was awesome.

I think Stranger Things 3 is probably the best season yet. But this is really only because they have more money now to lean into the style they’ve been going for all along. Each season is basically the same setup, but the characters (old and new) are always so good that it doesn’t really matter.

Scoop’s Ahoy crew for life.

I think Stranger Things 3 is probably the best season yet. But this is really only because they have more money now to lean into the style they’ve been going for all along. Each season is basically the same setup, but the characters (old and new) are always so good that it doesn’t really matter.

Scoop’s Ahoy crew for life.
FX were top notch , but I Think 3 is all about the characters and balance of comedy / action / drama. They have found good character combination.

Did you all watch the after credits scene? The little snippet goes back to Russia and there's a small hint that Hopper may be alive. And I don't know how to feel about that. If he is, it kind of diminishes the emotion of the end of the season. On the other hand, I love Hopper and was sad to see him go, so him coming back would be good maybe.

Also side note: I liked the Robin reveal. It felt natural to me, not shoved in for no reason. And that I think makes her friendship with Steve (still my favorite character) even better.

Back