Television

The service person can't make it until next week so another week without a TV. So far I've been ok with it.

But this is getting hilarious...

If the Technician determines that your Television has a panel problem, the Technician is authorized to Field Destroy the television. This includes damaging the screen of the television. The Technician will send us pictures of the damage and we will process your case for an exchange or refund based on our stock. You will be responsible for disposing the malfunctioning television after the Technician leaves.

I'm thinking I might buy a new TV and leave this Hisense on the front porch for the technician to mangle and murder in front of my neighbors. And, why do I have to throw away their piece of shit television??

The service person can't make it until next week so another week without a TV. So far I've been ok with it.

If the Technician determines that your Television has a panel problem, the Technician is authorized to Field Destroy the television. This includes damaging the screen of the television. The Technician will send us pictures of the damage and we will process your case for an exchange or refund based on our stock. You will be responsible for disposing the malfunctioning television after the Technician leaves.

I'm thinking I might buy a new TV and leave this Hisense on the front porch for the technician to mangle and murder in front of my neighbors. And, why do I have to throw away their piece of shit television??
They'll refund you, but only if they make absolutely sure it's unusable before they do. Cool e-waste policy.

My god! It seems like the cheaper, more efficient option is just to get you a new TV. All the time effort and money that this whole process is costing everyone where the likely outcome will be that they’ll need to give ya a new TV anyways seems incredibly dumb on their part. I mean they can take the busted TV and try to fix it and then sell it as refurbished if they want but to have go through this process seems incredibly wasteful.

My god! It seems like the cheaper, more efficient option is just to get you a new TV. All the time effort and money that this whole process is costing everyone where the likely outcome will be that they’ll need to give ya a new TV anyways seems incredibly dumb on their part. I mean they can take the busted TV and try to fix it and then sell it as refurbished if they want but to have go through this process seems incredibly wasteful.
I wholeheartedly agree. I'd rather have a refund and be done with Hisense though. Samsung here I come.

Just thinking about this some more. Exactly who is authorizing the technician to destroy your TV? You own it. If it's not repairable, then it should be eligible for a refund, period. Why in the world would Hisense hold your refund hostage until they receive photographic evidence that the tech has completely ruined it? In addition to being wasteful, it's weird.

Just thinking about this some more. Exactly who is authorizing the technician to destroy your TV? You own it. If it's not repairable, then it should be eligible for a refund, period. Why in the world would Hisense hold your refund hostage until they receive photographic evidence that the tech has completely ruined it? In addition to being wasteful, it's weird.
It's all so very weird. I want to be done with this company so bad. Each phone call has been a process of starting over as I provide my name, phone number, address, description of the problem. "This is my seventh call, you still need my address?"

And that's a great point: I own it. What if I wanted to try and re-use the screen or something for, like an art project or something? I almost want to tell them to get bent but I can't let them off the hook. They clearly won't refund me before showing up.

Part of me really wants to watch it and part of me really doesn't!
It’s a Bill Simmons (the dude behind ESPN 30 for 30 docs and The Ringer) production. I remember watching MTV report from the chaos as it was all going down. I watched MTV cover Woodstock 94 and the Tibet Freedom Concert earlier in the decade much in the same way but this devolved so quickly. Watching Carson Daily and Gideon Yago go from MTV VJs/ News Correspondents to war journalists in real time was quite a thing.

If anything good came out of this disaster at least it hastened the decline in popularity of Mook Rock/Nu Metal garbage that had taken over much of the mainstream Rock world for the latter half of the decade.

Gonna give this a go tonight likely…

i've HEARD about woodstock 99.. specifically how limp bizkit turned it into a riot...

but I dunno there have been a LOT of pretty good music documentaries out very recently for all of the big streaming platforms (Disney + is getting the lengthy beatles documentary, there is that hulu paul mccartney documentary, now this)

Just caught this. Seemed like a bad time.
Oof, yeah that’s rough. The delusional promoter blaming the women for being sexually assaulted, blaming Fred Durst for the riots, and then Blaming MTV for unfair media coverage was pretty rich. It was really enthralling doc though I might need to rewatch the Summer of Soul to clear my palette. Also, I am not a germaphobe but people playing in shit made be a bit ill.

I am excited to see the next subject matter they cover in this series . Should be fun.

Oof, yeah that’s rough. The delusional promoter blaming the women for being sexually assaulted, blaming Fred Durst for the riots, and then Blaming MTV for unfair media coverage was pretty rich. It was really enthralling doc though I might need to rewatch the Summer of Soul to clear my palette. Also, I am not a germaphobe but people playing in shit made be a bit ill.

I am excited to see the next subject matter they cover in this series . Should be fun.
I watched this last night - really well done, and left me feeling so sad about humanity.

My wife and I are trying to decide whether to start Ted Lasso season 2 or just wait until they're all up. We only really got into the first season after we were able to binge it.

Back