Television

I think I can truly do without cable. And I don't watch network TV aside from golf or football, and morning weather. Plus we pay for Netflix and Hulu already.
Too many subs <----sung to Too Many Cooks
Yep. I'm doing it. Once they field destroy my TV and send me another or a rebate. So, sometime in September I figure. :rolleyes:
Depending on where you live you could also get a pretty decent antenna for local channels they broadcast in HD. I had a buddy in an apartment with one that was affixed to a window and the football game we were watching was still high quality HD. I have been tempted to cut the cable myself several times over the past few years but I need a quality and reliable internet connection and once you bundle the cable and internet together the savings aren’t yet worth it for me.

Depending on where you live you could also get a pretty decent antenna for local channels they broadcast in HD. I had a buddy in an apartment with one that was affixed to a window and the football game we were watching was still high quality HD. I have been tempted to cut the cable myself several times over the past few years but I need a quality and reliable internet connection and once you bundle the cable and internet together the savings aren’t yet worth it for me.
Antennas haven't worked for us in the last 3 places we've lived over the last 12 years, so I'm semi-convinced that free basic channels are an urban legend and antenna makers have an immunity clause with the government to sell non-functioning equipment without consequence.

Antennas haven't worked for us in the last 3 places we've lived over the last 12 years, so I'm semi-convinced that free basic channels are an urban legend and antenna makers have an immunity clause with the government to sell non-functioning equipment without consequence.
Yeah, I was blown away. I am from the plains originally so they were somewhat more common back in the Midwest but I amazed at how good the picture was here.

I've lived in two major cities and one minor one currently, and HD antennas have worked wonderfully in all. I do live IN the city though and not in some suburb.

TV repair update:
The problem wasn't happening when the guy came over. He switched out the two boards that Hisense sent him, turned it on and said "looks good to go."
He left, the screen jiggle happened within 10 minutes of his departure. So, I am waiting for him to call me back. I guess that's when the Field Destroy happens.

Please make sure you are playing Seek and Destroy when he comes back
Well I would, but it turns out he is not coming back today. There is some paperwork that needs to be submitted from him to Hisense stating that the repair didn't work. He thinks in around a week he will come back to Field Destroy it. I keep typing Field Destroy because it's awesome.

Well I would, but it turns out he is not coming back today. There is some paperwork that needs to be submitted from him to Hisense stating that the repair didn't work. He thinks in around a week he will come back to Field Destroy it. I keep typing Field Destroy because it's awesome.
Am I the only one who imagines this every time they see the words "field destroy?"

TV repair update:
The problem wasn't happening when the guy came over. He switched out the two boards that Hisense sent him, turned it on and said "looks good to go."
He left, the screen jiggle happened within 10 minutes of his departure. So, I am waiting for him to call me back. I guess that's when the Field Destroy happens.
A live look in at the field destroy team in action…
B109166E-7237-427B-ACD1-F0C7DA9F6642.gif

Paperwork? Field Destroy does not need paperwork. Field Destroy only needs a handgun or a baseball bat. You are right, just typing Field Destroy definitely makes the day feel better.

TV update! (spoiler alert, there isn't one)
I called Hisense this morning and said the tech couldn't fix it, can I just please have a refund.

'You need to wait for us to contact you'
'But I am on the phone with you now.'
'Yes sir, but we need to send you an email later'
'Please can I just have my money back and we can pretend we never met?'
'Sorry sir, you'll have to wait for us to contact you. Is there anything else I can do for you today?'
'I guess..........ummm, no, I'm all set.'

TV update! (spoiler alert, there isn't one)
I called Hisense this morning and said the tech couldn't fix it, can I just please have a refund.

'You need to wait for us to contact you'
'But I am on the phone with you now.'
'Yes sir, but we need to send you an email later'
'Please can I just have my money back and we can pretend we never met?'
'Sorry sir, you'll have to wait for us to contact you. Is there anything else I can do for you today?'
'I guess..........ummm, no, I'm all set.'
Field Destroy

watching woodstock 99 documentary

i kinda feel like there should be a kind of response documentary about Lilith Fair... to show the underground progress still being done in an era that seems so regressive..

also there was a weird amount of moral panic in there (specifically mentioning columbine which was kinda made me wonder didn't we explain the real issues from bowling for columbine?)

watching woodstock 99 documentary

i kinda feel like there should be a kind of response documentary about Lilith Fair... to show the underground progress still being done in an era that seems so regressive..

also there was a weird amount of moral panic in there (specifically mentioning columbine which was kinda made me wonder didn't we explain the real issues from bowling for columbine?)
I don’t think it was blaming anything on the artists or music I think the Columbine stuff was there to show what Woodstock 99 and Columbine (and later the Capitol riot) are all symptomatic of a larger white male rage problem.

I don’t think it was blaming anything on the artists or music I think the Columbine stuff was there to show what Woodstock 99 and Columbine (and later the Capitol riot) are all symptomatic of a larger white male rage problem.
tbh i dont know if its even just a general white male problem... its white men in the US (specifically nationalists) specifically... as michael moore pointed out in bowling for columbine there are a TON of white men with violence in somewhere like canada, but the violence statistics are much lower than in america.. obviously there are examples of other countries having intense violent hate crimes (EDL, the Quebec mosque shooting), but the intense amount is much less strong than it is in the US, specifically because of a specific culture of fear and facism and racism

Finished watching Outer Banks season 2.

It was good, liked the plot of season one better. Than ending I never saw coming.

Back