Television

Agreed. I appreciate seeing the history and context of everything within the scope of that time frame but I definitely would love to see more of those performances.
I hope at some point they release all the available concert footage, would love to see more of Stevie, BB, Sly, Nina, etc.
I'd pay good for that on BlueRay!

Finally caught up on Search Party and watched seasons 3 and 4 within just one week. GREAT stuff. I love love loved the first two seasons, especially the first one. Although I think 3 and 4 maybe aren't quite as amazing as the first two, they are still some of the best episodes of TV I have seen in a long time. How this show manages to swiftly shift between the dark and heavy to the actually laugh out loud funny comedy is amazing to me. It's constantly surprising, fun, weird, dark, sad, hilarious.

Finally finished falcon and the winter soldier...wow..that was a surprisingly good series ..FairPlay to Disney plus ...that’s 3/3 series so far that have been great ..mandolorion , Wanda and falcon ...Loki next up

Falcon and the Winter Soldier was significantly better than I ever expected it to be.

As far as the Marvel stuff goes, I think Loki is the best yet.

I hope at some point they release all the available concert footage, would love to see more of Stevie, BB, Sly, Nina, etc.
Agreed. I appreciate seeing the history and context of everything within the scope of that time frame but I definitely would love to see more of those performances.
I really lkiked the 5th Dimensions set, the gospel performaces and Sly as usual. But concur wish they were longer. I know Q was trying to get a balance and send a message.

Last edited:

Was the state of tv in 2020 really so dire that stuff like The Mandalorian, Wandavision, and Falcon and Winter Soldier can clear out major categories? We really gonna say that WV deserved to be nominated more than Small Axe?

Comedy categories are almost as rough if not for Ted Lasso dominating. Hope it sweeps.

Don't buy a Hisense TV if you are looking for a budget model.

Here is this beauty after 3 months of use:
HS1.jpgHS2.jpg
Cable, streaming and just the TV menu with no HDMIs plugged into it, and this is what's happening.

So far getting a bit of runaround from the manufacturer.
"Please email this this and this and call back in one hour"
I did
"Please text the same items to this number"
I did
"Please provide proof of purchase"
I did
"We can't find your TV's serial number in our system, please take a picture of the placard of the serial number and email it"
I have to take it off the wall to do that, so that step has to wait.
"Please provide picture of receipt again"
Ok, what is actually going on?

I shouldn't have listened to my friend that said he had three of this brand with zero problems. I had never heard of the Hisense but liked the price and they had good reviews. (not just from my buddy)
We only own one TV, and don't watch a lot but definitely a couple evenings a week...but since I have no idea when this will be resolved I'm kind of bummed.

Don't buy a Hisense TV if you are looking for a budget model.

Here is this beauty after 3 months of use:
View attachment 106065View attachment 106066
Cable, streaming and just the TV menu with no HDMIs plugged into it, and this is what's happening.

So far getting a bit of runaround from the manufacturer.
"Please email this this and this and call back in one hour"
I did
"Please text the same items to this number"
I did
"Please provide proof of purchase"
I did
"We can't find your TV's serial number in our system, please take a picture of the placard of the serial number and email it"
I have to take it off the wall to do that, so that step has to wait.
"Please provide picture of receipt again"
Ok, what is actually going on?

I shouldn't have listened to my friend that said he had three of this brand with zero problems. I had never heard of the Hisense but liked the price and they had good reviews. (not just from my buddy)
We only own one TV, and don't watch a lot but definitely a couple evenings a week...but since I have no idea when this will be resolved I'm kind of bummed.
On the other hand, maybe you could sell it to some psych rock band as an album cover generator?

Back