Television

Watched the first episode of Loki last night. Was not expecting Owen Wilson to be in it at all, lol

Looking forward to more episodes
I really enjoyed the show but....

I didn't like how the build up to the big bad guy ended up being....Loki. May e there's more to it than that but it was a little disappointing. I'm sure it will be a great show though

I really enjoyed the show but....

I didn't like how the build up to the big bad guy ended up being....Loki. May e there's more to it than that but it was a little disappointing. I'm sure it will be a great show though
I know he said it was Loki but we didnt actually get to see the cloaked figures face. IF it is even him then im wondering if it's a Loki from a different universe or something, in addition to a different timeline. Someone online sleuthed that when the tape finishes the number 616 is shown (supposedly for the first time).

It would be cool to see Loki in his frost giant form (the blue skin etc) if this was the case. In fact, just thinking about it, the child in the Church pointed to the devil figure in the stained glass. Loki in his frost giant form bears a resemblance to that so it could work. TBH though im thinking its another character entirely, but we shall see.

I know he said it was Loki but we didnt actually get to see the cloaked figures face. IF it is even him then im wondering if it's a Loki from a different universe or something, in addition to a different timeline. Someone online sleuthed that when the tape finishes the number 616 is shown (supposedly for the first time).

It would be cool to see Loki in his frost giant form (the blue skin etc) if this was the case. In fact, just thinking about it, the child in the Church pointed to the devil figure in the stained glass. Loki in his frost giant form bears a resemblance to that so it could work. TBH though im thinking its another character entirely, but we shall see.
Episode two was a curve ball, right? My wife actually guessed it.

I'm really enjoying it so far, it has so much more flavour and style than the other shows. Episode two was especially fun for us as it featured my local Renaissance Festival and The Marriott hotel in Atlanta where I've spent a lot of time for Dragon Con. People in LA and New York probably don't care when they see places they know in TV and movies, but it's still cool to us here in GA.

IMG_20190829_140733.jpg

I know a lot of y'all already talked about Mare of Easttown when it was newer, but I'm a little behind....

Bravo! What a great piece of work. I don' know the breadth of Kate Winslet's work, but she plays a fractured piece of shit really well.

All around great ensemble. Coming fresh off Hacks, Jean Smart smashed another role.

I feel like the series was a steady stream of misery and it was done exceptionally well.

Last edited:
I know a lot of y'all already talked about Mare of Easttown when it was newer, but I'm a little behind....

Bravo! What a great piece of work. I don' know the breadth of Kate Winslet's work, but she plays a fractured piece of shit really well.

All around great ensemble. Coming fresh off Hacks, Jean Smart smashed another role.

I feel like the series was a steady stream of misery and it was done exceptionally well.
Jean Smart is in my two favorite shows of the year so far in Mare and Hacks. Everything she's been in over the past 5ish years has been wonderful.

Jean Smart is in my two favorite shows of the year so far in Mare and Hacks. Everything she's been in over the past 5ish years has been wonderful.

She was great in Legion too. I need to check-out Hacks.

How did you feel about the accents? It was a better effort than anything else I've seen trying to do the Philly zone, but I thought it got a little too Pennsyltucky / Pittsburgh at times... especially when they do the drawn out O's.

She was great in Legion too. I need to check-out Hacks.

How did you feel about the accents? It was a better effort than anything else I've seen trying to do the Philly zone, but I thought it got a little too Pennsyltucky / Pittsburgh at times... especially when they do the drawn out O's.
Its a hard one to perfect, but I thought overall they did a pretty good job. I'm also out in pennsyltucky a decent amount so maybe it all just blends in my mind. I didnt hear any yins which are essential for me to hear Pittsburg

Oof. Is it bad that I really, really related with Mare?
I'd really like a crickets emoji here.

It's a very complex character of course. Given her family history. So, for me, calling her a fractured piece of shit is a knee jerk reaction. She is definitely fractured given all the trauma she experienced. And she makes a strong argument for being a piece of shit given her treatment of others. But it's not an absolute or the period at the end of a sentence. It's just....she treats the people that love her in some horrible ways. It's a paraphrase of the idea that our hurt is not an excuse to hurt others. Easier said than done oftentimes. I like how they gave her some clarity and a different view of the past at the end without making it like some revelation where now we think she is miraculously okay. It was very human. Sure she sees things differently and learned some lessons but not nauseatingly so and one could imagine revisiting the character to find she's spiraled away again.

Back to you relating to her....I think we can relate to people with real issues without it meaning we are just like those people. I also think I'm not gonna touch this with a ten foot pole 🤐

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that Mare is the character with the most depth and the center of the show's universe so I'm drawn to have the strongest feelings about her. HOWEVER, while she may be (deeply) flawed, there are obviously some real cases in the show next to which Mare is a saint.

Last edited:
The Americans

I started watched years ago, but because it wasn’t on streaming anywhere for a while I had to download individual episodes until it was on Amazon. The story line in season 1 and 2 was very lose, for the most, part that when I sporadically watched an episode it was not easy to follow. Even then I only watched the random episode here and there. I was waiting for it to get good after hearing so many people say it’s so good.

I think I finally get it now that I’m through season 4 where they take a 7 month break. The end of Season 3 when Paige finds out about them and then the whole Martha incident really made for some fantastic television. I convinced myself I’m not going to give up again and just power through to finish. It is a little harder to watch things since my girlfriend doesn’t watch the show so I have to pick and choose when to watch. I totally get the hype now even if it too me 3 and a half seasons.

Has anyone else been watching/binged 'See' on Apple TV?

Really interesting concept and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm just past the halfway mark I think and limiting myself to 1 episode a day max.

For those that are intrigued the synopsis is "In a future where humankind has lost the ability to see and is forced to interact in new ways, a set of twins with sight is born, challenging the status quo."

To add to that, a disease killed off all but a couple million of Earths inhabitants and those that survived, and any children they have, are born blind. The story is picked up several generations into the future where the earth has gone back to a more wild & overgrown state with humans living in tribes/camps.

The little touches really make the show interesting. They obviously rely on sound and smell and have adapted their way of living as a result. Really cool concept.

Back