Television

I was being completely serious
Each of the first few episodes is done in the style of a 50s/60s/70s sitcom, with each episode jumping 10 or so years ahead. I can neither confirm nor deny whether that trend ends by Episode 4.

Also I believe, if you bailed on episode 1 before it ended, you may have missed some "weird" stuff that gets more pronounced in the next episodes.

I loved it from the original pilot short and loved it even more once it started developing story. If after 4 seasons you're not really into it, maybe it's just not your thing?

Have you seen Gravity Falls? It's fantastic.

nah, i’ll give it a chance for sure. i liked most of the stuff i saw many years ago, but didnt think much of it beyond surface, which is why it surprises me that the show’s tone changed in the latter part and was curious whether fans liked that approach or not.

gravity falls is great! i watched it when it originally aired, and the contrast from it over AT in that you know from the get-go that the show had deep secrets and mysteries to unfold was a hook for me. I also really liked the fact that the creators of gravity purposefully made the show short even if disney and/or fans would want the show to be longer. it takes balls to pull off something like that

So, I don't want to get into a discussion about Marvel or superhero stuff in general, I just have a question. Would Wandavision make sense for someone who has no clue about anything in the MCU? I am not interested in the massive franchise of films and other TV shows, so I have not seem them (save for a few in the early run, like Iron Man, the first Avengers, etc). Buuuut...I am curious about Wandavision. It sounds interesting, refreshing, and weird. I just don't know if I wanna jump into it and be completely lost story-wise. So, for someone like me, is it even worth watching?
Ok now that I’ve watched the 4th episode, this show would be completely lost on you if you’re not “into” the MCU

Ok now that I’ve watched the 4th episode, this show would be completely lost on you if you’re not “into” the MCU
This is what I was afraid of considering the initial concept / angle it was taking in the first few episodes. Like it felt like it was going to lead into something that I wouldn’t understand

This is what I was afraid of considering the initial concept / angle it was taking in the first few episodes. Like it felt like it was going to lead into something that I wouldn’t understand
The entire episode was "REMEMBER WHEN THIS HAPPENED!?!?

nah, i’ll give it a chance for sure. i liked most of the stuff i saw many years ago, but didnt think much of it beyond surface, which is why it surprises me that the show’s tone changed in the latter part and was curious whether fans liked that approach or not.

gravity falls is great! i watched it when it originally aired, and the contrast from it over AT in that you know from the get-go that the show had deep secrets and mysteries to unfold was a hook for me. I also really liked the fact that the creators of gravity purposefully made the show short even if disney and/or fans would want the show to be longer. it takes balls to pull off something like that
The fans loved the change in AT. I was an adult when I watched it, but for the younger fans they grew up alongside it. Similarly to how Harry Potter had more mature themes in the later books (AT does this better imo)

I thought episode 4 of Wandavision was fantastic. Gave some much needed context to what was happening in the previous 3 episodes.

Each of the first few episodes is done in the style of a 50s/60s/70s sitcom, with each episode jumping 10 or so years ahead. I can neither confirm nor deny whether that trend ends by Episode 4.

Also I believe, if you bailed on episode 1 before it ended, you may have missed some "weird" stuff that gets more pronounced in the next episodes.

I did not know this. I thought the whole show was going to be in the 50's style

I can already imagine the Very Special Episode™ about 9/11.

I was thinking about this with MASH recently, which depicted a war that has started 22 years before the premiere. If someone released a major sitcom- especially one as irreverent as MASH- about soldiers in Afghanistan next year, I imagine there would be a lot of angry "too soon" responses.

I was thinking about this with MASH recently, which depicted a war that has started 22 years before the premiere. If someone released a major sitcom- especially one as irreverent as MASH- about soldiers in Afghanistan next year, I imagine there would be a lot of angry "too soon" responses.

Or that 70's show. I have recently heard that one referenced lately saying that the gap between now and when the show was made is now greater than the gap between when the show was made and the time the show is set in.

I feel old

Also the show MASH actually was on the air longer than than fighting in the Korean War lasted. You wouldn’t really have that issue with Afghanistan unless the show ran as long as like Gunsmoke or something.

I heard some rumblings that there could be a Twin Peaks kind of announcement today 👀:coffee:🍒🥧⛰️⛰️

I was wondering what this announcement would be. People have been speculating more Twin Peaks, but I don’t know I kinda feel like it’s done? And I’m happy with the ending. But I’ll still devour it if it turns out to be more Twin Peaks

Back