Television

I was a fan of that show. Too bad it got canceled. šŸ˜ž

Just finished watching this series last night. It was quite good. Wish there was more. Did some googling and found out it was only supposed to be one season based on what the content writer sold along with the promo. A season 2 was never in the original plans. So I guess that's a plus we got a second season out of this.

I just started watching Orphan Black now on AMC+

I went ahead and watched the first 3 episodes of Wandavision. I like the commitment to the (initial?) conceit and the ā€œsuper hero/oddā€ elements gave me strong Doom Patrol vibes, which is a good thing for me. I can see the ā€˜seriousā€™ direction itā€™s heading but I didnā€™t find it too anxiety inducing for me and my sensitive brain/heart.

Conversely, the first 3 episodes of Search Party season 4 were hard to watch. I eventually stopped watching Handmaidā€™s Tale because of the aggravating fake escapes and constant teasing and Iā€™m hoping the whole season of SP isnā€™t going down that road. Much less humor this season and a lot more terrorizing/bleak moments.

Conversely, the first 3 episodes of Search Party season 4 were hard to watch. I eventually stopped watching Handmaidā€™s Tale because of the aggravating fake escapes and constant teasing and Iā€™m hoping the whole season of SP isnā€™t going down that road. Much less humor this season and a lot more terrorizing/bleak moments.

I'm enjoying Search Party. I like how the show has switched gears with each season.

I'm enjoying Search Party. I like how the show has switched gears with each season.
I hope when Dory gets back in captivity itā€™s under a much different dynamic and not just a more restrictive version of before. I feel like the show is usually pretty good at surprising you with how they touch each genre/shift. The actual shower escape with Aunt Lydia showing up was more fun to watch than the dead ends of trying to get out of the room.

I hope when Dory gets back in captivity itā€™s under a much different dynamic and not just a more restrictive version of before. I feel like the show is usually pretty good at surprising you with how they touch each genre/shift. The actual shower escape with Aunt Lydia showing up was more fun to watch than the dead ends of trying to get out of the room.

I don't think we've actually seen Aunt Lydia yet. That was just a neighbor who was talking about decorating the house for Christmas

Almost done with the Queen's Gambit. I have really enjoyed it, especially the soundtrack.

It led me to look up Bobby Fischer, since Benny's character is based on him because I wanted to know if he really dressed like that and carried a knife around. Why do I know he was a chess prodigy based on countless pop culture references but never learned he was basically a Nazi?? Gross.

Almost done with the Queen's Gambit. I have really enjoyed it, especially the soundtrack.

It led me to look up Bobby Fischer, since Benny's character is based on him because I wanted to know if he really dressed like that and carried a knife around. Why do I know he was a chess prodigy based on countless pop culture references but never learned he was basically a Nazi?? Gross.
Yeah, he is a dirt bag. ESPN Reporter Jeremy Schapp did a great report on him and his relationship with his father, Dick Schapp a few years back.

Started watching NOS4A2 tonight on AMC+. Starting episode 3 and am liking it so far.

I also got the CBS All Access / Show time (Two channels for the price of one Apple Bundle).

What Showtime series do I need to check out? I'm assuming Twin Peaks is at the top of the list?
On Showtime: Homeland, Dexter, Weeds, Californication, Shameless

I loved all of them, but admittedly, they all went on for too many seasons. The first few seasons of each are all great though.

Just started the new Netflix series "Fated: The Winx Saga".
Wait... is that based on this?

330px-Winx_Club_main_characters_cast.png

Wait... is that based on this?

330px-Winx_Club_main_characters_cast.png

Yes it is. I have never heard of Winx Club before today. I read about it when googling the Netflix show to see if it was based off a book series.

The Netflix show is very much a young adult fantasy series rated TV-MA. The first season is only 6 episodes, and all the real kick ass action starts in episode 6.

I quite enjoyed the show. A little slow start, but really starts to build.

Ted Lasso and BCS RESPECT

I watched 4 of these (BCS, Bridgerton, Mando, Queen's Gambit). Lovecraft Country & Ted Lasso are in my backlog. Haven't had a desire to watch The Crown. Haven't heard of the other 3 - I'll need to look into them.

Back