Television

My wife and I finished up Lupin and are now 2 into Bridgerton. Wife was the driving force behind watching Bridgerton as Jane Austin era London isn't really my speed. I have to say I'm enjoying this a lot more than I thought I would. A tad bit naughtier Downton Abbey.

I watched the first 3 episodes of WandaVision so I'm caught up. Not sure if I'll watch weekly or let a couple episodes build up. I think there's 9 eps in the season. Paul Bettany and Elizabeth Olsen are great and I like the supporting cast, I wasn't expecting to see Anya in show. I've been having fun coming up with different theories about what's going on, hopefully it mostly resolves in this season.

Watching Outer Banks for the first time on Netflix.

Much better than I thought it was going to be. I always thought it was a reality tv show which is why I never watched it.

Much better than I thought it was going to be. I always thought it was a reality tv show which is why I never watched it.
Hey they were filming that in my neighborhood recently. Don't know what it is about.

I watched the first 3 episodes of WandaVision so I'm caught up. Not sure if I'll watch weekly or let a couple episodes build up. I think there's 9 eps in the season. Paul Bettany and Elizabeth Olsen are great and I like the supporting cast, I wasn't expecting to see Anya in show. I've been having fun coming up with different theories about what's going on, hopefully it mostly resolves in this season.

My 11-year-old daughter is totally obsessed with it, which is fun because I've gotten to show her clips of the shows, like Bewitched and Brady Bunch, that were all still on regular rotation on reruns when I was a kid in the 80s/90s (there just hadn't been nearly as much TV made then), but that she really has no experience with. I'm having fun predicting which sitcom styles we'll get in future weeks- TGIF? Will things go full Seinfeld for a week? An Office-style mockumentary episode? In any case, I like how weird it is, and the level of commitment to the old styles, but I really like how quickly it can become unnerving when reality start to creep in.

I've been watching a lot of bad & corny & schlocky shows during the past year on purpose (if I want to watch serious dramatic stuff, there was plenty on the news). I started watching Outer Banks thinking it would be one of those shows, but like you, I thought it was way better than any expectations I had.

Just finished watching 👀 Sharp Objects (2018) on HBO, a thrilling psychological mini-series starring Amy Adams as a crime reporter who returns to her hometown to solve a murder case , whilst forced to face and deal with her own demons. 😈 The gut-wrenching ending, which is apparently different than the best-selling book 📖, will leave you saying what in the hell just happened? If you're a fan of crime dramas and murder mysteries with a twist, I highly recommend it. 👍👍👌

We're most of the way through The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Loved the first 2 seasons, but man, seasons 3 and 4 have really jumped the shark. Kinda looking forward for it to be over.

We're most of the way through The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Loved the first 2 seasons, but man, seasons 3 and 4 have really jumped the shark. Kinda looking forward for it to be over.
Yeah agree ..they do kinda wrap it up in the end well but season 3/4 felt a bit derivative of itself ...

Star Trek discovery is without a doubt the worse show ever ..it starts crap and gets crapper ..

sooooooooo, adventure time...

i only briefly saw the first four seasons, but i never really got too into it bc i thought the setting was too colorful and childish in nature, and at the time, i guess i was more into the absurdist humor of Regular show from the same channel. I've learned that AT has a lot of deep lore that actually makes the show get serious at the latter part of its seasons, and i kind of already know some of the end-of-show spoilers like Marceline's pairing. but yeah, what i'm trying to say is that i've casually restarted watching the show from the beginning this week, but right now, i don't really feel motivated to keep going and kind of want to fast forward to the middle, but also dont want miss any small bits of important lore from the beginning.

fans of AT, when the show started getting more serious, was this something that you already knew was happening and felt organic? or was it a nice change of pace that revitalized the show's momentum??? would like your informed opinions, pls

i only briefly saw the first four seasons, but i never really got too into it bc i thought the setting was too colorful and childish in nature, and at the time, i guess i was more into the absurdist humor of Regular show from the same channel. I've learned that AT has a lot of deep lore that actually makes the show get serious at the latter part of its seasons, and i kind of already know some of the end-of-show spoilers like Marceline's pairing. but yeah, what i'm trying to say is that i've casually restarted watching the show from the beginning this week, but right now, i don't really feel motivated to keep going and kind of want to fast forward to the middle, but also dont want miss any small bits of important lore from the beginning.

fans of AT, when the show started getting more serious, was this something that you already knew was happening and felt organic? or was it a nice change of pace that revitalized the show's momentum??? would like your informed opinions, pls
There are SO MANY episodes, any bits of "important lore" you may forgot or not realize it was important. It's also not a very linear show story wise. Everything is given in fits and spurts and out of order. If a character shows up that you want to know about, you can google them, and then just go back and watch their previous episodes.

So just start from the middle if you want. The beginning is for sure a little slow.

I loved it from the original pilot short and loved it even more once it started developing story. If after 4 seasons you're not really into it, maybe it's just not your thing?

Have you seen Gravity Falls? It's fantastic.

So, I don't want to get into a discussion about Marvel or superhero stuff in general, I just have a question. Would Wandavision make sense for someone who has no clue about anything in the MCU? I am not interested in the massive franchise of films and other TV shows, so I have not seem them (save for a few in the early run, like Iron Man, the first Avengers, etc). Buuuut...I am curious about Wandavision. It sounds interesting, refreshing, and weird. I just don't know if I wanna jump into it and be completely lost story-wise. So, for someone like me, is it even worth watching?

So, I don't want to get into a discussion about Marvel or superhero stuff in general, I just have a question. Would Wandavision make sense for someone who has no clue about anything in the MCU? I am not interested in the massive franchise of films and other TV shows, so I have not seem them (save for a few in the early run, like Iron Man, the first Avengers, etc). Buuuut...I am curious about Wandavision. It sounds interesting, refreshing, and weird. I just don't know if I wanna jump into it and be completely lost story-wise. So, for someone like me, is it even worth watching?
I'm not entirely caught up on the show, but so far it's not very dependent on knowledge of the MCU beyond who Wanda and Vision are. They're pretty underserved in the movies, and I'd argue the show is taking advantage of that leeway.

I think the show is slowly letting the larger MCU world creep in, but in general I'd argue the interconnectivity of those movies/shows is more "I get a brain tickle from seeing stuff from Movie A referenced in Movie G" than "Movie G ain't gonna make sense unless you've seen Movies A through F."

Disney+ has two 7 minute shorts called Marvel Legends which focuses on Wanda and Vision. It would give you relevant background info on them which could put the show in better context for you.

I honestly don't think it will be good if you're not caught up. It doesn't "require" it right now (haven't watched ep. 4) but I don't think they pay off will work at all if you don't know these people

I gave up on Episode 1 of Wanda Vision. It was to dry / too much like a 50's sitcom and I got really bored with it. Does it get any better? Is it worth giving another chance?

Back