Television

GBBO is back!!! This is a real highlight of the past few months for me. Also once again I was nervous about the new host joining. I never ever liked him or his stuff. Always found him insufferable. But he’s wayyyy toned down in the show. I never like change, but the show has kept things remarkably consistent throughout all these changes. It’s nearly exactly the same show.

Original hosts / judges were still the best though.

GBBO is back!!! This is a real highlight of the past few months for me. Also once again I was nervous about the new host joining. I never ever liked him or his stuff. Always found him insufferable. But he’s wayyyy toned down in the show. I never like change, but the show has kept things remarkably consistent throughout all these changes. It’s nearly exactly the same show.

YES! I am very excited about this. We got into it and subsequently binged through it all when if first showed up on Netflix. The show is like video Xanax. I am glad there is a new season now. When we need it most.

The Bowie cake was intriguing to say the least

I had been afraid to watch the Hulu adaptation of High Fidelity (starring Zoe Kravitz) as the film might rank in my top five most watched films of all time.

Unfortunately, it’s VERY good. Unfortunate because it’s been cancelled because people like me took too long to give it a chance. Interestingly they canned it right after the Emmy noms were announced which indicates the level of prestige they were aiming for.

But I highly recommend giving it a watch anyways.

I had been afraid to watch the Hulu adaptation of High Fidelity (starring Zoe Kravitz) as the film might rank in my top five most watched films of all time.

Unfortunately, it’s VERY good. Unfortunate because it’s been cancelled because people like me took too long to give it a chance. Interestingly they canned it right after the Emmy noms were announced which indicates the level of prestige they were aiming for.

But I highly recommend giving it a watch anyways.

My wife and I loved it. I'm sad that it got cancelled.

Had no idea that The Haunting Of Bly Manor was out already. For some reason I thought it came out this Friday. Anyway, I guess I know what I’m doing this week. Anyone watched yet? There was a lot I loved about Hill House but I was disappointed by its ending.

Had no idea that The Haunting Of Bly Manor was out already. For some reason I thought it came out this Friday. Anyway, I guess I know what I’m doing this week. Anyone watched yet? There was a lot I loved about Hill House but I was disappointed by its ending.

Watched the first 2 episodes. Seems OK so far, incredibly slow, very little happening over 1h50m so far. The posh English accents are insanely over blown, distractingly so to someone English, perhaps not so much to non-English. I'll definitely stick with it.

I didn't love Hill House as much as a lot of people did. Bly Manor seems like more of the same, I'm 2 episode in, it's a spooky fun time, but nothing life changing.

Agree with the comments so far ..it’s a decent watch but not as good as Hill House ... worth sticking with as it ups the pace around ep 4 or 5 ... I enjoyed it ..and I liked its ending

Back