Television

Really looking forward to the new seasons of The Expanse and The Mandalorian.

I just binged season one of His Dark Materials, it was fine. I'll probably continue to watch it, it's interesting enough. I never read the books, but I've heard it said that it's faithful to the point where people complain about the pacing, but I think I like that about the show the most. I think I just don't like child actors =(

Also just binged all of Steven Universe, the Movie, then Steven Universe Future... That was some heavy stuff. There were some really deep themes and implications throughout that deceptively lighthearted cartoon. I had heard going in it was pretty "woke" as the kids say... but I just assumed it would be tacked on poorly formed messages about diversity and social issues... not deep highly developed back stories and psychological issues experienced through each character. Like, geez...

I am loving Fargo S4 except for the audio during the most recent episode.
This isn't a spoiler...
During certain conversations the ambient noise was pushed up, distractingly so. I almost thought it was a creative choice, but by the end of the episode I had noticed it during almost every scene. I watched it twice and it bordered on ridiculous by the end.

During my first watch I thought maybe it was
somehow related to the demon/ghost figure we saw previously. Like, it was hovering or making its presence known.

But after that second watch I really think something happened in post-pro.

I have been watching Emily in Paris on Netflix this week. A couple episodes each night.

I'm really loving this show. It stars Lily Collins (Phill Collins daughter).

The basis of the show is that Emily, a marketing social media person at an advertising agency from Chicago get's sent to Paris unexpectedly without knowing the language. Her agency acquired a firm in Paris, and when her boss who was supposed to be the one going to Paris unexpectedly finds herself pregnant Emily finds herself being the one sent to Paris.

The show is full of good laughs, pokes fun at all the French are Rude and Americans are dumb stereotypes. It's one of those brainless and appealing escapes. A great comedy. '

It's one of those shows you will either really love it or hate it. There is a lot of love for this show but it's getting a lot of bad press and disslike for "woke" reasons. People don't like the show because of the stereo types it pokes fun at and are calling for boycotting the show.

Last edited:
I'm really liking the Queen's Gambit. I'm on episode 6 and I'm really enjoying it. I highly recommend it.
Starting this after I finish Bly Manor~(Which is also good! Episode 5 especially).

Started Ted Lasso last night, and it legitimately put me in a good mood. Fills the wholesome happy tv void left from the end of schitt's creek.

Has anybody seen Dispatches From Elsewhere?
I finished it last night and I didn't fully understand it but it was entertaining. And then the last episode came and it lost me. That last episode made no sense at all and fucked the whole series. Unless it has some kind of metaphorical meaning that I didn't get.

Has anybody seen Dispatches From Elsewhere?
I finished it last night and I didn't fully understand it but it was entertaining. And then the last episode came and it lost me. That last episode made no sense at all and fucked the whole series. Unless it has some kind of metaphorical meaning that I didn't get.
I started it, but I never finished it. It was really out there, and I like out there stuff, but yes, this got into a realm of confusing that even lost me.

The Mandalorian proves that television is best medium for telling stories.

the last Star Wars movie was very intense and non-stop action. Almost to a fault.

Television allows a beat. It gives scene setting and tension. Pacing. Something that movies lack. Give the last Star Wars movie a 10 episode season on Disney+ and it would be so much better.

Back