Television

So finally finished westworld season 3...thanks for the tip to watch the post credit scenes as that really sets up the next season beautifully, much better than the “proper” ending ...I thought the premise of this season was really good, but it didn't quite come off .. in light of current events the whole “city riots” looked rather tame ...still a good watch overall

As someone who dislikes a lot of musicals, how watchable is Hamilton? It’s a cultural phenomenon so I feel like I should watch it at some point.
My girlfriend loves musicals and each year I buy us tickets for her birthday. So I've been to more than my fair share. Im not typically a massive fan of the theatre or musicals (I would never choose to go if my girlfriend wasn't into it) but with that being said Hamilton is by far my favourite and one which I would happily see again.

Did they say why? Just curious. I've only experienced snippets of it over the years. My wife and I will probably watch it this weekend.
Mostly they are big fans of both mediums and that Hamilton is a mediocre version of both of them.

I haven’t seen it (I detest musicals), just saying it’s not necessarily unanimously loved.

As someone who dislikes a lot of musicals, how watchable is Hamilton? It’s a cultural phenomenon so I feel like I should watch it at some point.

Give it till the 3rd song. If it doesn't hook you by then, it might not be for you. Seeing it live on Broadway, not listening to anything beforehand, it felt weird for the first couple of songs. By "My Shot" it was pretty clear to me that this was something really special.

I was a little obsessed with Alexander Hamilton in high school, so the fact that this became a musical (seemingly out of nowhere) was really surreal for me, but I’m not generally a fan of musicals outside of Phantom of the Opera. At least with Hamilton, though, the source material is based on actual historIcal facts, so even if some of the more melodramatic lovey-dovey musical numbers are off-putting to you, they’re balanced out by the more conversational “here’s-a-chunk-of-historical-knowledge-for-you” numbers which were way more fun and interesting (for me). Those ones tend to have more of a hip hop delivery, which I think works well to keep it interesting and gives you a good feel for the egos and rivalries between all these long-dead white guys. I was overwhelmed by the amount of lyrics I had to try to listen for, so maybe subtitles would help if you’re not already familiar with this musical?

review of the anime BNA (Brand New Animal)

very pretty show, basically edgy zootopia but with furries and humans instead of just interfurry racism, fascism bad

Last edited:
I absolutely love Hamilton and really enjoyed finally being able to see it. It made me so stupidly happy I can’t even express it accurately.

Already planning to watch it again tomorrow.

I was supposed to see the touring company version in Atlanta this April. But it got pushed to August then pushed to August next year. So while I look forward to that, I am happy to have this fully filmed version to tide me over till then.

I'm thinking about watching Warrior Nun on Netflix.

Anyone know what this is supposed to be about and if it's expected to be good?

Back