Television

This is so confusing. So is HBO Go dead? Can I still stream HBO stuff on either app? Or will I have to pay for something now (outside of a cable subscription)?

I use my parents cable subscription because they still pay for HBO even though they never watch it. I don’t want to have to pay for another thing. Every article I’ve seen just now didn’t mention where an HBO Go user will go to stream, I’m guessing just the new “HBO” app?
I think instead of HBO Go and HBO Now there will just be one app called “HBO” and it will be for people that subscribe to HBO through their cable provider. That will go along with their HBO Max streaming service.

so before there were two apps Go and Now. Currently there are 3 apps Go, Now, and Max. Soon they will go back to two Apps, they are gonna retire Go, essentially replacing it with HBO Now but changing the name to just “HBO” then they will offer their new streaming HBO Max.

Last edited:
My main concern -- will my Roku device be able to keep up and make this seamless? Because if it's even a slight headache for me, then those people of a certain age that you mention are going to have a hell of a time.
Well right now HBO Max isn’t even available on Roku. If you Have HBO Now I would assume you would just see the name of the app change from now to HBO but if you have HBO Go the you will have to download the HBO Now app (that will have been updated to the new HBO title).

I think instead of HBO Go and HBO Now there will just be one app called “HBO” and it will be for people that subscribe to HBO through their cable provider. That will go along with their HBO Max streaming service.

so before there were two apps Go and Now. Currently there are 3 apps Go, Now, and Max. Soon they will go back to two Apps, they are gonna retire Go, essentially replacing it with HBO Now but changing the name to just “HBO” then they will offer their new streaming HBO Max.
That makes sense but it’s still really fucking complicated

Just finished 13 Reasons Why, season 4.
Last season was incredibly bad. It was agressively bad. I felt like the show was treating me as I was stupid.
Season 4's two first two episodes seem promising. Clay is going crazy, psychotic episodes and everything, and you think "ok, so this season is about mental health". And then, to nobody's surprise, it goes nowhere again.
To be fair, it is boring but it was not BAD. I didn't feel like i was being treated like a moron.
The final episode has a totally unnecessary thing, I just can't understand why the fuck they even thought that was a good idea. Plus, it's a double episode and you're not even half way through it and it already feels longer than fucking Titanic.
Season 3 and 4 should've been half season.

There's another serie I saw, that I think is from a couple of years ago, called Somewhere Between that was entertaining and there's a 40 years old Devon Sawa, godamn, age really suits him

Not sure if this has already been talked about, but if you're looking for an animated tv with good songs, kid-friendly, a decent amount of action, inclusive friendships, and cool artsy vide then try out Kipo and the Age of the Wonderbeasts on Netflix. There are 2 seasons available. :)

I can't really put into words how good Mark Ruffalo is in "I Know This Much Is True". You see that he is playing twins, and you think it might be kind of gimmicky, but he really blew me away with his performances for both characters, particularly the more leading role of Dominick. His scenes with Kathryn Hahn in the final episode last night were brilliant.

Last edited:
I was just musing about HBO’s Watchmen thinking about how timing is everything, if a show that directly dealt with America’s history of systemic racism, policing, vigilantism, and protective face masks premiered right now, I think it would own the cultural zeitgeist and certainly renewed for another season but because it was a year early it feels almost like an afterthought. It opened my eyes a bit, I didn’t even know about the Greenwood Massacre prior to looking it up following the first episode.

I was just musing about HBO’s Watchmen thinking about how timing is everything, if a show that directly dealt with America’s history of systemic racism, policing, vigilantism, and protective face masks premiered right now, I think it would own the cultural zeitgeist and certainly renewed for another season but because it was a year early it feels almost like an afterthought. It opened my eyes a bit, I didn’t even know about the Greenwood Massacre prior to looking it up following the first episode.
Apparently AT&T must read our Television thread...

I can't really put into words how good Mark Ruffalo is in "I Know This Much Is True". You see that he is playing twins, and you think it might be kind of gimmicky, but he really blew me away with his performances for both characters, particularly the more leading role of Dominick. His scenes with Kathryn Hahn in the final episode last night were brilliant.
I agree with you 💯! I think he should be nominated for a Golden Globe award for best actor in a TV miniseries. 👏

Apparently AT&T must read our Television thread...

Rewatching Watchmen Series again. Its such a masterpiece. The thing I loved most about the original Watchmen were their origin stories. This show is chock full of them. Sorry for spoilers - don't read below if you haven't watched.

The hooded justice origin is probably one of the best Episode of TV, I've ever watched. The note of him using white facepaint to hide his true identity. His granddaughter doing the same years later but with black facepaint. That and the Dr Manhattan unveiling. Still a bit torn that they're probably not continuing it. I think its fantastic as a standalone - but also curious about more of it.

Rewatching Avatar, and at 36 I'm much more impressed with Uncle Iroh's tea game than I was as a 26 year old.

By Avatar are you referring to the movie? Or is there a TV Series as well?

On another note, the new episode of Star Girl contains a lot of bad guy ass kicking action. Loved this weeks episode.

By Avatar are you referring to the movie? Or is there a TV Series as well?

On another note, the new episode of Star Girl contains a lot of bad guy ass kicking action. Loved this weeks episode.

The animated show. The movie based on that is hot garbage and the blue person avatar I refuse to see having avoided ever seeing a 3D movie

Back