Television

Is anybody watching Perry Mason on HBO? I watched E1 last night, I think I'll stick with it.

My wife and I started Downton Abbey last week, great first episode. We only watch TV together once, maybe twice a week, so it'll take awhile to binge it.

Once you get several episodes in, make sure you check out the Tonight Show's parody videos of Downton Abbey. I think there are only 2 videos but they were quite enjoyable. Here's the first one (but probably don't watch it until you get a little further through the show):

Is anybody watching Perry Mason on HBO? I watched E1 last night, I think I'll stick with it.

My wife and I started Downton Abbey last week, great first episode. We only watch TV together once, maybe twice a week, so it'll take awhile to binge it.

Downton Abbey was a great show for a good few years .. it has a tipping point where it lost the plot (no spoilers here) but it’s worth getting to the end ..and the movie was a nice finish

For fans of Regular Show, J.G. Quintel's new show Close Enough finally debuted yesterday on HBO Max and it's a lot of fun. Like the third season of Search Party, it was originally supposed to air on TBS.

The first episode is up on YouTube if you want to watch

Neither is HBO Max, so I'm having to use my playstation. Wish these services would kiss and make up, my whole intention in getting a roku tv was so i wouldn't have to bounce around.
I don’t know if you can “hack” Roku like you can Amazon Fire but because Fire is Android based I was able to download HBO Max to my TV. I only have Roku in the bedroom so I haven’t fucked with it too much but I would think you aught be able to do something similar with that.

Feeling sad with the news about Naya Rivera. I loved her as Santana on Glee.
Its so sad, and crazy how many of the cast have passed away so young, as well as the controversy behind some of the actors involved. My girlfriend and I started watching Glee from the first season a few weeks ago. It was a big thing when we first met around 10 years ago and I watched the occasional episode with her back then. I noticed that one of the actors was the same person I saw in Hamilton and I was saying something along the lines of "I wonder what the rest are all up to now" and when my girlfriend told me all the crazy stuff I couldn't quite believe it.

You guys know about this?
It is like the Parks & Recs special but I guess a lot of local NBC affiliates are refusing to air it in protest of the new Peacock streaming service. Regardless 30 Rock is up there with The Office, Parks & Recs, and Community as one of my favorite Sitcoms of all time so I am pumped for this. I had not seen much promotion for this though wanted to make sure everyone had a heads up.

You guys know about this?
It is like the Parks & Recs special but I guess a lot of local NBC affiliates are refusing to air it in protest of the new Peacock streaming service. Regardless 30 Rock is up there with The Office, Parks & Recs, and Community as one of my favorite Sitcoms of all time so I am pumped for this. I had not seen much promotion for this though wanted to make sure everyone had a heads up.
Well this was one big giant pile of stink.

Well this was one big giant pile of stink.
I won't ruin anything but will say it's nice to see our favorite characters back!

I mean, it's basically a commercial for Peacock and the NBC fall schedule but Veronica and I both loved it. I thought it was better than the Parks and Rec special.

During this trying time I've rewatched Star Trek; TNG, DS9, and Voyager and i'm going through Enterprise again, which I enjoy more Voyager and DS9. Don't @ me.

I watched all of Republic of Doyle, it was fun and reminded me of home. I miss Newfoundland dearly. I'm bummed they cancelled it mid season, but they were running out of ideas, I guess.

I watched the first season of Warrior Nun, it was WAY better than I expected it to be. Slower paced than shows like that usually are, they're actually giving the main character some time to breath. I'm looking forward to season 2. @ me if you wish.

I just started Hanna on Amazon Prime, it's pretty rad. I like the production value of Amazon shows, Jack Ryan was also pretty good. I still need to pick The Expanse back up, too.

Back