Television

My girlfriend and I were trying to find that same warmth and feel-good-ness that Parks and Rec gives and wound up finding the new Queer Eye filling that void perfectly. Is it a makeover show? Sure. But it's much more than that. And the fab 5 are all so entertaining and fun and genuine that it just makes you feel happy. Sad news is we finished it all very quickly. And now we're stuck again, trying to find another show that fits this feeling. Anyway, Queer Eye...not something I thought I'd be super into, but it really won me over. Bonus: Antoni is a huge National fan so it was fun to see all the different National shirts he wears throughout the seasons.

My girlfriend and I were trying to find that same warmth and feel-good-ness that Parks and Rec gives and wound up finding the new Queer Eye filling that void perfectly. Is it a makeover show? Sure. But it's much more than that. And the fab 5 are all so entertaining and fun and genuine that it just makes you feel happy. Sad news is we finished it all very quickly. And now we're stuck again, trying to find another show that fits this feeling. Anyway, Queer Eye...not something I thought I'd be super into, but it really won me over. Bonus: Antoni is a huge National fan so it was fun to see all the different National shirts he wears throughout the seasons.
If you want something feel good I’d recommend Somebody Feed Phil. It’s essentially a food/travel show but the host Phil Rosenthal has such an infectious, huge heart it’s hard not to love. The only downside is it’s going to make you hungry and want to travel which, well, we all know can’t happen anytime soon.

I've liked every season of Alone, it's been really watchable for the most part. But please stop having Colby say 'never before seen footage.' It's ridiculous.
100%. One of my favorite reality shows but he isn't much of a host and Alone contestant's obviously aren't the most outgoing bunch.

Has anyone watched Dark on Netflix? I binged through the first series and im halfway through the second now. Although theres some bits which are tricky to grasp, overall I am really enjoying it.

100%. One of my favorite reality shows but he isn't much of a host and Alone contestant's obviously aren't the most outgoing bunch.

Yeah, that doesn't help either. I don't know why it bugs me so much with the 'never before seen footage.' It's like, yeah, I'm watching this week's new episode so of course it's never before seen footage. It ALL is.

I started re-watching Just Shoot Me, or, tried to. I remember liking a couple seasons and also remember the writing getting really bad after those first couple. I don't think it has aged well. There is some witty stuff but there is some pretty cringe-worthy stuff too. Like how Spade's character Finch gets really grabby with the models even after rejection...it just seems wrong, like, who grabs someone's wrist (more than once) after they say 'get lost' ? Maybe I am thinking too much, but regardless, I decided not to go further especially since I know it got bad. I did want to get to the episode where they changed out Nina's 'word of the day' calendar to gibberish.

So I abandoned that and went with Community after seeing so many people here say they like it. The pilot and second episode were great, I'm not sure why I had never watched it until now.

"Keg flip. They're very hard to pull off."

I’d recommend Chuck and Pushing Daisies for more feel-goody tv if you’ve never seen those before. Two of my all time favorites.

Peacock isn’t available on Roku????? 😤😤😤😤

I guess Xbox is my only option but I hate watching apps on there
Grrr, I hope this gets fixed soon.
Has anyone watched Dark on Netflix? I binged through the first series and im halfway through the second now. Although theres some bits which are tricky to grasp, overall I am really enjoying it.
Yes, I did. I'm not totally sure what I watched, but I liked it. Yes, there are parts that are very tricky to grasp.

Grrr, I hope this gets fixed soon.
I looked more into this and I think it's because Roku doesn't like the in app advertising options that Peacock is doing. Hulu has ads on some plans but they're not a fan of Peacock for some reason? idk

I looked more into this and I think it's because Roku doesn't like the in app advertising options that Peacock is doing. Hulu has ads on some plans but they're not a fan of Peacock for some reason? idk

It’s the same issue Roku is currently having with HBO Max.

If you want something feel good I’d recommend Somebody Feed Phil. It’s essentially a food/travel show but the host Phil Rosenthal has such an infectious, huge heart it’s hard not to love. The only downside is it’s going to make you hungry and want to travel which, well, we all know can’t happen anytime soon.
I have thought about dipping back into Parts Unknown, but I thought it might make me sad. Food/travel shows are great comfort though, and I'm surprised I haven't watched this one yet.

Love it. I tell everyone to watch it but nobody listens. :ROFLMAO: Hard to keep up though, especially when there's a year between seasons.

I have thought about dipping back into Parts Unknown, but I thought it might make me sad. Food/travel shows are great comfort though, and I'm surprised I haven't watched this one yet.
Yeah, Phil is a ton of fun...I ended up going to a few of the spots he went to in Lisbon, all were great.

They filmed that near me. I caught the first episode but can only stream it on Hulu if I have the live TV bundle, which I'm not paying for... guess I'll have to play with my proxy server and see if I can find it.

What streaming device do you use? Chances are The CW app is available. It streams there with ads.

Or, my prefered streaming location, DC Universe, which streams a day earlier than it airs on The CW and streams it in 4K HDR. You can sign up for a 1 week free trial if you want to do some ad free binge watching. 10 episodes are available now. 3 more to go this season.

Sadly, DC Universe is being phased out. All programing is either finding a home on HBO MAX or The CW in the Case for Stargirl Season 2. Not sure if 4K HDR content will be available next season.

What streaming device do you use? Chances are The CW app is available. It streams there with ads.

Or, my prefered streaming location, DC Universe, which streams a day earlier than it airs on The CW and streams it in 4K HDR. You can sign up for a 1 week free trial if you want to do some ad free binge watching. 10 episodes are available now. 3 more to go this season.

Sadly, DC Universe is being phased out. All programing is either finding a home on HBO MAX or The CW in the Case for Stargirl Season 2. Not sure if 4K HDR content will be available next season.
I get HBO Max included with my internet, so hopefully it heads there. But I also have Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney +, and Hulu... So too many.

Back