STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

I did not like the first season of Mando much, as I'm sure I've made readily clear on here. The story went completely nowhere, monster of week episodic formats are THE ABSOLUTE WORST WAY TO DO TV (in my opinion) and as stated much more eloquently that I am able to by both @Bull Shannon and @Indymisanthrope among others, it was painfully "wink wink nod nod" in its treatment of gueststars not to mention for a media company with more money than virtually any other on the planet HOLY HELL did a lot of that first season look like it was filmed on old cast off Dr. Who and Red Dwarf sets...

I don't like that they've continued with the "episodic story going nowhere, monster of the week" routine this season HOWEVER... if they've decided this the way they're gunna go THIS IS THE EFFING WAY TO DO IT. This shit is what I've been waiting for. These first two episodes look as good as any of the new SW films in terms of special effects and sets, I will watch ANYTHING with Mr. O in it because he is wonderful and I have a huge man crush on him and I desperately want to meet him and for him to like me and have beers with me and punch me in the shoulder while calling me "pardner".
Give me these Easter eggs (you know which ones in talking about), give me THOSE SHIPS flying past that sunset. Give me nods to one of the other greatest sci fi movies ever made.
I.
AM.
HERE.
FOR.
ALL.
THIS.
SHIT.

That said can we please go serial next season?

Gotta go back through this thread to catch up on the Mandalorian discussion, but wanted to pop in to wish you all a happy life day! It was 42 years ago today that we were introduced to Lumpy, Itchy ,and all of Chewies extended family.

That last episode of the Mandalorian got 8 year old me who loved Admiral Ackbar in Jedi and always wanted to see more Mon Calamari, specifically how a world they occupy would look like, all kinds of excited. Plus more Mandalorians and one of the sweetest moments in Star Wars history. I am loving Season 2. My 13 year old asked me to stop geeking out during the family viewing last Friday.

Last edited:
That last episode of the Mandalorian got 8 year old me who loved Admiral Ackbar in Jedi and always wanted to see more Mon Calamari, specifically how a world they occupy would look like, all kinds of excited. Plus more Mandalorians and one of the sweetest moments in Star Wars history. I am loving Season 2. My 13 year old asked me to stop geeking out during the family viewing last Friday.
The first 3 episodes were sweeeeeet! This last one...more season 1 filler :/

As soon as he said "We're going back to (whatever the name of the starting planet is) I was like "NO DON'T! Ah fack...".
For real...
Did we really need a reunion episode on the 12th episode of the show?? And they don't even do anything cool! Just running in hallways shooting at troopers, killing a couple of tie fighters.
Really hope we get back to the goodies, but I'm not holding my breath

Back