September 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread: This Thread. This Thread Is The Place. The Place Where Everything. Everything Always Happens.

Day 17 - “Life During Wartime”
This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, This ain't no fooling around.
To hell with that. It’s Friday! Time for fooling around with that four on the floor disco beat!

I feel very strongly that I'm owed nonexistent, imaginary bonus points for the Don Cornelius intro...

B.T. Express - Non-Stop

20210917_000830.jpg

Last edited:
To hell with that. It’s Friday! Time for fooling around with that four on the floor disco beat!

Fripp's "Discotronics" album - This "Absalm el Habib" person on vocals in the video below sounds a familiar. - ;)

Robert Fripp – God Save The Queen / Under Heavy Manners
Polydor – PD-1-6266, 1980

Pressed at PRC, Compton

Z0J1fP.jpg

vWfeeM.jpg

Pt7CUk.jpg

I suppose I can thank my mother in law for today's spin. It was part of a stack of singles that she gave me years ago. It really is terrible.

Rick Dees ~ Disco Duck (Pt I)1631897130685.png

I suppose I can thank my mother in law for today's spin. It was part of a stack of singles that she gave me years ago. It really is terrible.

Rick Dees ~ Disco Duck (Pt I)View attachment 112432

That’s the first record I ever owned! Not the first I bought with my own money, but this and Kung Fu Fighting would be the first that were bought for me. Probably at my request but I would have been 5 ish at the time. I’m going to say 5 year old me had specific tastes.

That’s the first record I ever owned! Not the first I bought with my own money, but this and Kung Fu Fighting would be the first that were bought for me. Probably at my request but I would have been 5 ish at the time. I’m going to say 5 year old me had specific tastes.
I grew up in LA and remember this getting a lot of airplay. It has not aged well, that's for sure! I would have been around 8 at the time, I'm going to guess my tastes were probably geared toward a lot of whatever Dr. Demento was playing.

Day 16 – “Happy Day”
Oh, happy day, happy day. I'll never be the same. Forever I am changed.
“Talking Heads: 77” was released 44 years ago today. Play a notable debut album.

I knew I forgot to do something yesterday and it was spin this album. I love the deluxe package on these STP albums and the pressings are so crisp.

IMG_20210917_150305__01.jpg

Not a lot of disco beats in my collection, but still love me some Brothers Gibb. I like to play their music videos as an example of shifting style in my class on culture.

(Gonna be a weird shift to spin this when STP finishes, lol)

IMG_20210917_150715__01.jpg

405F6429-B981-43A1-A8D9-CDB4ABE5D50B.jpegDay 17 - “Life During Wartime”

So I am obviously an 90s indie rocker (in my 7in collection) which means not a whole lot of options here. But this is still an excellent 7in. Came with with the Doing It In Lagos comp, and I think one of the best songs of the collection.

Ofege - Burning Jungle (Doing It In Lagos comp)

Glass Candy "B/E/A/T/B/O/X" (2007 Italians Do It Better; 2015 remaster)

IMG_1797.JPG

Back