September 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread: This Thread. This Thread Is The Place. The Place Where Everything. Everything Always Happens.

Day 16 – “Happy Day”
Oh, happy day, happy day. I'll never be the same. Forever I am changed.
“Talking Heads: 77” was released 44 years ago today. Play a notable debut album.

Tortoise - Tortoise

On the day this was released, the world of music got noodlier.

20210310_110830-jpg.91338

Day 16 – “Happy Day”
“Talking Heads: 77” was released 44 years ago today. Play a notable debut album.

Pearl Jam ~ Ten

Released August 27, 1991

And - Coincidentally, Ten days till I see them again at Ohana Fest!

1631808648374.png

Day 11 - “Heaven. Heaven is a place. A place where nothing. Nothing ever happens.”

Why do I have this? Because it was cool and I was susceptible to gimmicks when I started collecting, I guess. I could probably get rid of it but I doubt it's worth much. Nevertheless low-frequencies can cause people to feel uneasy and in the meantime I could make enigmatic comments like “this is my favorite part” and “can't you hear it?” I'm sure the combo of general malaise and awkward silence will do nicely. Just have to find something to put over the turntable so that people don't catch on or get mesmerized by the disc.

Carl Schilde - WOW

_MG_0924.JPG

Day 16 – “Happy Day”

Seam - Days of Thunder (1991 Homestead)

In honour of Numero Group reissuing Seam's first album and first 7in for their 30th anniversary. Not sure if the A-side is about the Tom Cruise movie but I love this 7in (and everything they did) since I picked it up 30 years ago. On these early recordings the band was made up of Sooyoung Park, plus Mac and Lexi from Superchunk. And yes, that is a Big Boys cover on the b-side. Slowcore forever!!
3E12043F-B46F-42D7-A3C6-2C8A008D0015.jpeg

Day 16 - “Happy Day”

Notable album: ✅

Basically how I feel about the album. Really only have it for “Billie Jean” and “Beat It,” rest of the album doesn't do much for me. The pressing sounds great though, so that's nice.

Michael Jackson - Thriller

View attachment 112341
OOPS Just realized I missed the word "debut" in the prompt. I'll re-spin later.

Day 5 - “Making Flippy Floppy”
Check it out. Still don't make no sense. Makin' flippy floppy.
Do you have some flexi discs? Take them out and play them. If not, play some other unusual record format from your collection. A 10”? An oddly shaped record? A record that references old computer floppy discs? A record with other unusual features? The theme is flexible. Literally.

Algiers - "Void" flexi-disc

IMG_20210916_200507798.jpg

Back