September 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread: This Thread. This Thread Is The Place. The Place Where Everything. Everything Always Happens.

Day 30 - “Crosseyed and Painless”
They're back! To explain their experience. Isn't it weird? Looks too obscure to me.
Look back at the records you played this month. Play an album that you feel summarizes your selections. Or play something that reflects your September. One could also just play a Talking Heads record.

I was going to spin the UK 2x7" This Must Be The Place, but figured I'd spin a full album instead.

Talking Heads – Little Creatures
Oasis Records – OLE-595, 1985

South Korean pressing

RxQxEP.jpg

n7ZaJH.jpg

Not sure if anyone has that UK 2x7" This Must Be The Place, but this is from the inner gatefold - I figured I'd post it for the last day.

Leaving it a pretty big size so you can zoom in and read it...
20210930_120127 (2).jpg

Pete Frame has a few books of these, but the last time I've looked for them they are OOP and were pricey if I remember correctly.

They're back! To explain their experience. Isn't it weird? Looks too obscure to me.
Look back at the records you played this month. Play an album that you feel summarizes your selections.

Treepeople - Important Things (1989)

Turning 21 in 89 was a big deal for me. Now I could go to bar shows in Seattle! One of the first shows I went to was Treepeople where I bought this 7in. That is one of the great things about the format, it was easy to sell from the back of your van, the side of the stage or even the merch table. I think this 7in embodies a lot of what I played this month, short sharp shock of 2 or 3 great songs.

52EAEA77-795D-4503-AF40-78B776436010.jpeg

Day 28: “Take Me to the River”

At first I was thinking of playing a 45 from that Al Green boxset I have (unfortunately the original “Take Me to the River” was never released as a single) but I chose to go in a different direction.

…well somewhat different, I kept the soul intact.

Lee Fields - Let’s Get a Groove On

6DF9B842-C41F-41A1-A001-94F9DFCF35E5.jpeg

The 2020 RSD reissue on splatter green vinyl.

In-laws are visiting this week.
Spinning restrictions!
I'm very annoyed that I won't be able to finish this month's challenge.
I absolutely loved the Talking Heads theme!
Thanks for hosting @Turbo !

EDIT:
I would have played:
"Astor Piazzolla - Adiós Nonino" for Buenos Aires
"Al Green - Gets next to you"
"Bod Mould - Patch the sky"
"Talking Heads - The Name of this Band is"

EDIT 2: Just realized @jfitzy would have beat me to Al Green... Oh well

Last edited:
In-laws are visiting this week.
Spinning restrictions!
I'm very annoyed that I won't be able to finish this month's challenge.
I absolutely loved the Talking Heads theme!
Thanks for hosting @Turbo !

EDIT:
I would have played:
"Astor Piazzolla - Adiós Nonino" for Buenos Aires
"Al Green - Gets next to you"
"Bod Mould - Patch the sky"
"Talking Heads - The Name of this Band is"

EDIT 2: Just realized @jfitzy would have beat me to Al Green... Oh well

It was fun! Thanks for spinning this month - here's an honorary challenge completion certificate, because you deserve it.

@Yer Ol' Uncle D , @SpintheBlackcircle , @HAIMtime , @jfitzy , @imtheocean , @avecigrec , @TenderLovingKiller® , @Jake! , @Fleetwood-Matt , @gafacaode , @Kris , @Crenshaw Blvd , @LeeVing , @gaporter , @BazookaTooth , @jamieanderson1968 , @Angsty , @cul8er , @LiamGallagher’sBucketHat , @CrazyDiamond84 , @sahomerrocks , @Hemotep , @Wes C. Attle ,@Phaneronic , @Wicked Dreamer , @Joe Mac , @Dark Star Boogie , @girlnevergoesout , @ranbalam , @LeSamourai

Thanks for participating this month! We had 31 members spin at least one record. Even if you were in here just a few days, I appreciate whatever time you could share. I really enjoyed your interpretations of the challenges.

For those of you that made it to the end, congrats! I'm honored that you stuck through the whole month.

❤️❤️❤️

Look back at the records you played this month. Play an album that you feel summarizes your selections. Or play something that reflects your September. One could also just play a Talking Heads record.

David Byrne and Brian Eno - My Life in the Bush of Ghosts

I played some Heads already for the challenge, so I'm going digital to close out the month with a Byrne/Eno joint.

Screenshot_20210930-190425-130.png

Last edited:
First off, thanks to @Turbo for a great month! Hopefully we can all remember that every month can be Talking Heads month.

I'd like to invite you all to the October challenge thread, starting tomorrow! It will have records and words and cool people and stuff.

Back