September 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread: This Thread. This Thread Is The Place. The Place Where Everything. Everything Always Happens.

Day 1 - Live Stuff

I’ve not attempted one of these for a while and probably not finished a month since the old forum. I’m not good at being dictated to lol.

Kate Bush - The K Fellowship Presents Before The Dawn

I love live music. Going to gigs is an amazing experience. Not a huge fan of live records, you lose all the best “experience” parts of the gig. There are a few exceptions and this is one, because Kate can do no wrong. Looks like I’m settling in for the night and spinning all 4 discs…

Last edited:
Day 3 - “Burning Down The House”
Some things sure can sweep me off my feet.
Play an album that is “hot” at your house right now - an album that you’ve had on steady rotation lately.

I don't really spin the same thing over and over again. When I get something new I listen to it once - maybe twice, then it gets filed and I'm on to the next.

What has been "hot" down here in the basement is my filling of holes of Korn albums I didn't have. These last few aren't highly thought of and I wasn't big into Korn during this 2010-2018 era. But I got them all for cheaper than they usually go for. I got this one off Discogs, but nowhere near the current cheapest price.

Only "See You On The Other Side" hasn't been released on vinyl, so I have all the Korn albums I can get currently.

Korn – Korn III: Remember Who You Are
Roadrunner Records/Cargo Records – RRCAR 7757-1, 2010

Cut by Heino Leja at Optimal
Pressed at Optimal

3B03oj.jpg

8PJxre.jpg

Play an album that is “hot” at your house right now - an album that you’ve had on steady rotation lately.

3Ds - Outer Space b/w Baby’s On Fire
An early 3ds 7in of the wonderful song Outer Space. With a great Eno cover on the flip side. A great 7in. Fire is Hot

The 3Ds were the Flying Nun banner band in the first half of the 90s. Noisy and hooky with attacking twin guitars. First signed to Xpressway, they moved up to the venerable Flying Nun with their first full-length album in 1992 (Hellzapoppin)
D222AB8A-4FFA-4921-9747-DF736BEDFE1C.jpeg

Awwwwww! Sowwy! I spent ages trying to figure out this one with the two Springsteen ones gone! Plus I was really trying to shoehorn a Bowie into too, supposedly a TVC 15 is a TV that consumed Iggy Pop’s girlfriend rather than a car/motorbike…
Haha tis OK, I'll think of something else! In fact, your play might have given me an idea... 👀

Japanese Breakfast - Jubilee

I've limited my new vinyl purchases this year but I can't deny myself a new JBrekkie. If my local didn't have their shipment of the new Turnstile delayed it would have been that.

PXL_20210904_013111667.MP~2.jpg

Back