September 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread: This Thread. This Thread Is The Place. The Place Where Everything. Everything Always Happens.

Day 4 - “Wild Wild Life”
I'm wearing a fur pajamas. I ride a hot potato.
It’s National Wildlife Day! Play an album featuring wildlife on the cover and/or songs about wildlife.

My avatar is controlling tonight's selection.

Wildlife artist. Wildlife album art. The most sublime howl and growl. Thanks for everything, Chester Burnett.

This is the best 10 minutes you'll spend today...

Howlin' Wolf - Moanin' In The Moonlight

20210904_000209.jpg

Last edited:
Day 3 - “Burning Down The House”
Some things sure can sweep me off my feet.
Play an album that is “hot” at your house right now - an album that you’ve had on steady rotation lately.

Mudhoney - Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge

30th anniversary edition.

View attachment 110983
Scooped!

Well, plan B then.
Not a new release but recently purchased on the Rough Trade UK sale and on heavy rotation.

Day 3 - “Burning Down The House”

Takeshi Terauchi - Nippon Guitars

8B2E31C7-7C5C-47A3-9853-A5B1C53A36D6.jpeg

Crap, my plan for tomorrow has been foiled by bad Amazon packaging....

View attachment 111056View attachment 111057View attachment 111058

This one is going back

Putting a record in a padded envelope is a definite recipe for success. :rolleyes:

It amazes me how sometimes things get to me fully intact despite their incompetence. I ordered the New Order Corruption Power & Lies box set on sale last Christmas and it got sent to me as is without a box and the shipping sticker on the shrink, left in the snow in front of my door and still arrived completely pristine. Then you get bullshit like your record.

(EDIT: and that was a potential hint for tomorrow on my part, if someone wants to run with it)

Putting a record in a padded envelope is a definite recipe for success. :rolleyes:

It amazes me how sometimes things get to me fully intact despite their incompetence. I ordered the New Order Corruption Power & Lies box set on sale last Christmas and it got sent to me as is without a box and the shipping sticker on the shrink, left in the snow in front of my door and still arrived completely pristine. Then you get bullshit like your record.

(EDIT: and that was a potential hint for tomorrow on my part, if someone wants to run with it)
Yeah, a while back I ordered a Fugazi album from Amazon US, it was sent in a padded envelope and it got here in perfect condition.

Day 1 - “Girlfriend Is Better”
Stop making sense, stop making sense. Stop making sense, making sense.
“Stop Making Sense” (the album) was released 37 years ago in September 1984. Play a concert album.

Going to play some catch up today, and this choice might be cheating since it’s not a full Grateful Dead concert, but a page out of its book. But screw it, I need to make up for lost time with this shorter release, haha!

A record store day release from a few years back, 2018???, here’s a single release of the “Playing In The Band” from the May 21st, 1974 concert.

ehxlPN6.jpg

Day 04: “Wild Wild Life”
It’s National Wildlife Day! Play an album featuring wildlife on the cover and/or songs about wildlife.

Orchestra Di Enrico Simonetti - Blue Frog... And Others
470B7437-A38D-4D00-993E-C8CAD4DFFF34.jpeg
Well, @SpintheBlackcircle scooped me regarding which animal was featured on album jacket but since it’s a different album I figured it would still qualify. Plus look at the other song titles…
308958DD-9042-4F81-BA5D-24534051D0AA.jpeg
This release was a RSD Day release that I remember piqued my interest initially but not enough to actually purchase it. A month or two later I was looking through my local record store’s discount rack and found this copy… in the wild marked down well under retail and scooped it up.

Published in 1975 Blue Frog… and others was composed by Enrico Simonetti, father of Claudio from Goblin, wrote all five tracks on side A together with Nicola De Vincenti and directed the orchestra in the whole record. The result is excellent, with a first ‘animal side’ with obvious musical references to animal sounds and a second one consisting of cover songs of popular themes, all blended in an orchestral funk-pop context, well played and recorded.

What makes this release even more interesting is the presence, among the musicians, of Claudio Simonetti, Fabio Pignatelli, Massimo Morante and Walter Martino: in short, the complete Goblin line-up!

Day 1 - “Girlfriend Is Better”
Stop making sense, stop making sense. Stop making sense, making sense.
“Stop Making Sense” (the album) was released 37 years ago in September 1984. Play a concert album.

Going to play some catch up today, and this choice might be cheating since it’s not a full Grateful Dead concert, but a page out of its book. But screw it, I need to make up for lost time with this shorter release, haha!

A record store day release from a few years back, 2018???, here’s a single release of the “Playing In The Band” from the May 21st, 1974 concert.

ehxlPN6.jpg
Love the “wall of sound” cover art on this.

Back