September 2020 Challenge Thread- The Gav-La’s

Day 25: “Life on Mars”

I had a different album picked originally, but wanted to hear this one this morning. I'll play the other later in the spinnin' thread.

Pink Floyd ‎– The Wall
Columbia ‎– PC2 36183, 1979

US Promo

Cut at The Mastering Lab
Pressed at Columbia, Santa Maria

pWJkGA.jpg

qxWdvs.jpg

Day 14: “X-Files”.. play a great 10 track album

Electronic kind of day... a bunch of 1s and 0s...

CloZee ‎– Neon Jungle

Tracklist
A1Mirage
A2Neon Jungle
A3Us (feat. The Kite String Tangle)
A4Winter Is Coming
A5Air (feat. Sauvane)
B1Nuages (with 9 Theory)
B2Heya
B3Long Live The Chill (feat. Sir Bishop)
B4Amazonia
B5Perfect

PXL_20200925_162928425.jpg

Day 15:”Holiday”- thanks to Covid 19 canceling my hols, this is as close as I will get ...records about travel

Haruomi Hosono & Tadanori Yokoo ‎– Cochin Moon

"Released in September 1978, a mere two months before YMO’s debut, Cochin Moon is a clear precursor to the groundbreaking synth and sequencer-dominated sounds that would come to define the iconic trio. Credited to Hosono and Pop Art legend Tadanori Yokoo (who created the cover art), Cochin Moon is a fictional soundtrack to a journey into unknown worlds, inspired by Hosono and Yokoo’s trip to India."
-Excerpt from the obi

PXL_20200925_171254026.jpg

Day 25: “Life on Mars”..it’s 70’s night ..

Frank Zappa - Hot Rats (Bizarre Records, 1970 First UK Pressing)

I originally thought this came out in 1970, but looks like the US pressing came out in 1969. Seeing as this is the UK pressing, which was released in 1970 I guess it counts? Maybe on a technicality :ROFLMAO:

IMG_2665.JPG

Day 17: “Fab Four”- Make or break time ..those bands that reached the 4th album ..play album number 4 or IV.

Caroline Rose is great. I saw her live a few years ago and her show was a lot of fun. I suppose this could wait until the "young folks" day, but this works here, too.

Her fourth album... she's a superstar!

Caroline Rose ‎– Superstar

PXL_20200925_183423626.jpg

Back