September 2020 Challenge Thread- The Gav-La’s

Day 25 - 70s

Traffic - John Barleycorn Must Die - 1970

I never tire of this record. I have loved Winwood's voice for as long as I can remember. I think my first exposure was the live version of Freedom Rider, linked below. I saw it on a local music show in the early 80s called The Beat hosted by Doug Podell. I was transfixed by the whole band, and Stevie's performance was so magical to me.

Drum note
Jim Capaldi. What can I say that hasn't been said? An amazing and accomplished drummer and writer.

View attachment 67750

Agree ..fantastic album

Day 26 - Dancing With Myself...
XTC - English Settlement
The first XTC song that I ever heard was "Senses Working Overtime" and it is such a catchy tune.

I immediately went out and bough this record. It was my first 2xlp. I had no idea that there that their label was also putting out single lp versions that had fewer tracks and a different running order. How could anyone think leaving of "No Thugs in our House" was a good idea?
IMG_0043.jpg

XTC - English Settlement
The first XTC song that I ever heard was "Senses Working Overtime" and it is such a catchy tune.

I immediately went out and bough this record. It was my first 2xlp. I had no idea that there that their label was also putting out single lp versions that had fewer tracks and a different running order. How could anyone think leaving of "No Thugs in our House" was a good idea?
View attachment 67781

Great choice ...nice amp too

XTC - English Settlement

View attachment 67781

80s Classic indeed! ... 800 BC ... ;)😁
1601133576156.png

Back