Secretly Society

Just cancelled my Secretly Society membership after a fun year and a half of membership. Finding that these modern releases rarely sound better than their hi-res counterpart and the vinyl has been so prone to issues, seems that will only be more and more the case in the coming years with the squeeze being put on the industry. Big delays = less time for QA = more replacement records = more listening anxiety for me :c .

Love Secretly's catalogue but man, I had to get 3 copies of Japanese Breakfast, 2 of SVE, and 2 of Faye Webster before I was able to get a listenable copy.

Just cancelled my Secretly Society membership after a fun year and a half of membership. Finding that these modern releases rarely sound better than their hi-res counterpart and the vinyl has been so prone to issues, seems that will only be more and more the case in the coming years with the squeeze being put on the industry. Big delays = less time for QA = more replacement records = more listening anxiety for me :c .

Love Secretly's catalogue but man, I had to get 3 copies of Japanese Breakfast, 2 of SVE, and 2 of Faye Webster before I was able to get a listenable copy.
I haven’t cancelled (yet), but I completely understand your sentiment. Listening anxiety is a good way to put it. Overall, I feel nervous when a new record arrives (from anywhere, not just SS) and I’m not really enjoying the music as much as doing QA work, it feels like.

Do we think there is any chance that Bon Iver Bon Iver 10th anniversary edition will end up being a Rotm or does the fact they already put up presale links for a limited edition eliminate that.

I haven’t cancelled (yet), but I completely understand your sentiment. Listening anxiety is a good way to put it. Overall, I feel nervous when a new record arrives (from anywhere, not just SS) and I’m not really enjoying the music as much as doing QA work, it feels like.
Yep the listening anxiety is completely keeping me from actually enjoying the music. I only will continue to put up with VMP still because they’ve been great at putting out definitive editions. But SS, while wonderfully affordable has not been worth the merry-go-rounds lol. Sad time for the industry right now, QA has gotten noticeable worse in 2021, more than I’ve ever experienced prior.

Do we think there is any chance that Bon Iver Bon Iver 10th anniversary edition will end up being a Rotm or does the fact they already put up presale links for a limited edition eliminate that.
Was wondering the same thing but they’d typically announce the ROTM announcement at the same time they’d announce the store product, so feel like it’s out of the running.

Was wondering the same thing but they’d typically announce the ROTM announcement at the same time they’d announce the store product, so feel like it’s out of the running.
Embargo on this must have just lifted because it’s starting to show in retail a few minutes ago.

It doesn’t feel like this is a fit for a pick, but it comes out in January and they only announced through October so maybe an outside chance, but I don’t think I’d hold my breath.

The fact that there's a club discount price and they didn't announce it as a club release today makes me think not.

Has anyone found a way to buy this thing with the club? You can't add to a January shipment on the Checkout screen yet.

The fact that there's a club discount price and they didn't announce it as a club release today makes me think not.

Has anyone found a way to buy this thing with the club? You can't add to a January shipment on the Checkout screen yet.
In the past, I've paid for shipping and emailed them immediately to add it to a future month shipment, and they immediately refund the shipping. Not sure if that's a stated policy, but they've done it for me twice in the past....

In the past, I've paid for shipping and emailed them immediately to add it to a future month shipment, and they immediately refund the shipping. Not sure if that's a stated policy, but they've done it for me twice in the past....
That's exactly what I did. When did Secretly start charging $10+ for shipping. That's half way to a membership.

Back